Got my AES :)

Well today, I finally bought my AES from Ebay, and wanted to know from everyone if I scored a good deal. It's a mint condition AES, with all hookups and an excellent condition Arcade Pad, with a boxed copy of Fatal Fury 2. I got it for 180 with shipping, and it looks gorgeous. Cant wait for it to arrive :)

Robi15

20 Year Member
gratz for the AES and welcome to the boards.. 180 us is a solid deal imo. Now your cart chase begins..

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
Good deal. I hope you enjoy your system and land some dope games. :cool:

DeadPixels

Beast Buster
Not a bad deal at all. Was that including shipping? Anyway, congrats on the new gem of your collection. Let the games begin!

playboycougar

Reese. ,
Congratulations man. Good deal you got there. Prepare to be broke for all eternity (or until you grow out of this phase). Good luck!

Thanks everyone. One thing I'm wondering, I'm seeing that the US versions of AES games can be much more expensive, is it worth it to spend all that extra for the US carts, or are the Japan carts still enjoyable? Thanks.

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
Draemonorius said:
Thanks everyone. One thing I'm wondering, I'm seeing that the US versions of AES games can be much more expensive, is it worth it to spend all that extra for the US carts, or are the Japan carts still enjoyable? Thanks.
Nope, not at all. The region of your system will determine if the games play in English or Japanese. AES games are not region locked. Some people like to upgrade to the UniBios; I however, have never felt the need. One of my AES systems has the bios upgrade and I never really use it that much, but some people do and they are only about $20.

Argentina94

Slug Flyer Pilot
20 Year Member
Draemonorius said:

Like Neo Ash said, the games will play in the region of your AES (whether your system is American or Japanese) not the region of the cart itself.

The American system will display all games in english, regardless of origin, but removes blood and nudity. the Japanese system will play all games in japanese, unless some words are coded in english, but has no censorship of gore and nudity.

As for the games themselves, it's all up to the collector. Some here only collect english, others japanese and others collect them all.

It really depends on how you like your cases to look? Do you prefer the bordered look of the US/Euro versions or the full frame look of the japanese? Do you care if your games are mixed and matched between the two regions?

the most important thing to consider, aside from your collecting preferences, is that most japanese versions are cheaper than the american versions because they were produced in much greater numbers. Very few, a handful, are actually more expensive in japanese form. Also, the cart itself is identical inside. the only difference is the insert and cart sticker.

If you like the japanese versions, stick to them as you will spend less to acquire the games you want. I prefer the US versions but thankfully have no interest in any of the $1000 and up games.

Good luck collecting and welcome to the most prestigious video game console in existence.

I bought a Japanese system, since it was at a good price. Will Unibios allow me to play in english?

Hidden Character

Leader of The Hyperstone Heist,
20 Year Member
Congrats, now head on over to the Selling Forum and make moves. Welcome to elite gaming/ Neo-Geo collecting.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
congrats. It truly is a beautiful system, got mine last month.

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
Congrats on your AES acquisition, and welcome to the forums from a fellow Las Vegan.:mr_t:

--Chris