Goldenshop.com.hk

Athlon64

Galford's Armourer
A Hong Kong based shop with a good selection of retro games. Has anyone dealt with them?

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Super Shady bunch, if they have what you want in stock, you are probably cool... thing is they lie about it.

There was a bundle a few years ago for NGPC Slim-Lines and three random games for around $29. I had always wanted a pocket and it seemed like a great deal. Well, I ordered 2, one for myself and one for my buddy. I pay, get the confirmation email, and everything is cool... until the units come. 2 NGPC, no games. WTF. I write them and they tell me they ran out of games. I told them I had been shorted 6 games, I'd like either a partial refund or I'd like to return the systems. They said to send them back, which I promptly did. Four weeks and a call to the credit card company later I finally got my money back, they went AWOL and refused to answer any more emails as to WHERE THE FUCK IS MY CREDIT. Had to do a charge back in the end.

Final verdict: AVOID

Athlon64

Galford's Armourer
nruva said:
Super Shady bunch, if they have what you want in stock, you are probably cool... thing is they lie about it.

There was a bundle a few years ago for NGPC Slim-Lines and three random games for around $29. I had always wanted a pocket and it seemed like a great deal. Well, I ordered 2, one for myself and one for my buddy. I pay, get the confirmation email, and everything is cool... until the units come. 2 NGPC, no games. WTF. I write them and they tell me they ran out of games. I told them I had been shorted 6 games, I'd like either a partial refund or I'd like to return the systems. They said to send them back, which I promptly did. Four weeks and a call to the credit card company later I finally got my money back, they went AWOL and refused to answer any more emails as to WHERE THE FUCK IS MY CREDIT. Had to do a charge back in the end.

Final verdict: AVOID

Thanks, I almost ordered.

pretas

Marked Wolf
Athlon64 said:
A Hong Kong based shop with a good selection of retro games. Has anyone dealt with them?

Run! I too had a shitty deal with them. Not scammers, but not close to honest either.

Crissaegrim

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I purchased a brand new Neo Geo game from them a couple of years ago. I think it was a Japanese Sengoku 3 but I can't remember. It arrived quickly and in perfect condition. It was a pain in the ass to order from them though, as you have to email them an order form and then they email you back with a way to send them credit info.

They are great because they have new old stock after everyone else runs out. I tried to order more stuff recently but they replied back by saying they were out of stock of many of the items. They do not update regularly.

starslight

n00b
I've sent them several emails about products that the site says are in stock and every response has been that the said item is no longer in stock.