Gladmort by PixelHeart

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Took a look at the Kickstarter, they are already 20K+ USD over their initial funding goal within 6 hours of launching.

Barrels you can break should be a Kickstarter reward tier.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Visually it looks great, except for the dude's ladder climbing animation being hilariously bad.

Those wooden barrels are just aching to be destroyed real good. They don't look like background elements.

Gameplay looks like a snoozefest primarily because of the enemies being really boring. It's pretty much just things going left to right in a manner that looks easy to hit. Games like G&G had a lot more enemies that were creative in how they moved and behaved.

Has potential, but that last point needs some real work.

NeoSeeD

New Challenger
Gameplay is decent. Background art looks good. Animations show promise though still jerky (that running animation looks weird). That Euro character art is shite as usual though. Release is... next month?

Price for the DC version is fair though I'd prefer a Neo CD version over it.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I thought he was running around in long johns after the first hit...
BB

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Hi,

ds10.png

The Darsoft rom about GladMort demo here : https://www.x-community.eu/t2568-creer-vos-rom-neo-geo-pour-linker-darksoft#35113
Thanks Zouzz, Works like a charm. Really short demo however.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
This game actually looks promising:

As noted by other so far:

- Gameplay overall looks a bit simplistic & boring.

and while the graphics actually look quite good:

- Some animations (running & especially the ladder up/down) are not release ready at all.
- foreground characters stand out too much from backrounds (colors too soft) in most vids
- Barrels & other objects need to be interactive.

It definitely looks like something that has promise though. Those huge bosses, while a bit oddly animated, look great.

TBH, with games of a certain calibur as Spinmasters gladley accepted as "Neo cannon" I don't see much of a reason that, if they iron out the kinks & polish this one, the finished product can't be a neo geo worthy title.

Oh, and the name is a definitely "meh". The devs should definitely re-name it.

KGRAMR

Another Striker
Visually it looks great, except for the dude's ladder climbing animation being hilariously bad.

Those wooden barrels are just aching to be destroyed real good. They don't look like background elements.

Gameplay looks like a snoozefest primarily because of the enemies being really boring. It's pretty much just things going left to right in a manner that looks easy to hit. Games like G&G had a lot more enemies that were creative in how they moved and behaved.

Has potential, but that last point needs some real work.
I read somewhere that the game was already funded in three hours.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
That's great and all, but it doesn't change the fact that the gameplay puts me to sleep and some of the animations are just unacceptably poor.