GHOSTLOP PROTO FOUND BY BILLY PITT !!!

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
EvilWasabi:
Setsuna1982:
EvilWasabi:
You're a fucking trip. When not crying about spekSNK, it's stuff like this now? Magician Lord is one of the best known games for the Neo Geo. As a platformer, it was awesome for its day, and is definitely still playable today, compared to say, Altered Beast, which was also great, but not really playable anymore.

Moreover, Magician Lord = ADK not SNK.

Why are people sooooo stupid about these things. Like the people who equate RotD and MS4 to Playmore. Or those that think Aicom/Yumekobo was comprised of ex-Irem members. Haha. I love this scene.
agreed. Magician Lord is great... but it's a flop because it wasn't profitable as expected.

Read the interview in <a href="http://www.snk-capcom.com" target="_blank">www.snk-capcom.com</a> with chad okada.

BTW I haven't said that ADK = SNK

Thanks for calling me stupid before trying to understand my point shame
Hey, you called it a flop for SNK. But ADK made it.

That's like saying Final Fantasy XI was a flop for Sony.
People of the jury, I may only be a caveman, but I beleive that Charlie made a good point here.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Rade Kuruc:
EvilWasabi:
Setsuna1982:
EvilWasabi:
You're a fucking trip. When not crying about spekSNK, it's stuff like this now? Magician Lord is one of the best known games for the Neo Geo. As a platformer, it was awesome for its day, and is definitely still playable today, compared to say, Altered Beast, which was also great, but not really playable anymore.

Why are people sooooo stupid about these things. Like the people who equate RotD and MS4 to Playmore. Or those that think Aicom/Yumekobo was comprised of ex-Irem members. Haha. I love this scene.
agreed. Magician Lord is great... but it's a flop because it wasn't profitable as expected.

Read the interview in <a href="http://www.snk-capcom.com" target="_blank">www.snk-capcom.com</a> with chad okada.

People of the jury, I may only be a caveman, but I beleive that Charlie made a good point here.
But, the publisher gets quite a bit from sales of a game, so while the failure of the game may not come back to the publisher, the money sure didn't come to the publisher, so missed opportunity for money for SNK. But what do I know about business I'm just a caveman, your world confuses and frightens me.

Edit: Had to give props to Rade's Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer reference.

<small>[ May 09, 2003, 07:39 PM: Message edited by: lithy ]</small>

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
lithy:
Rade Kuruc:
EvilWasabi:
Setsuna1982:
EvilWasabi:

But, the publisher gets quite a bit from sales of a game, so while the failure of the game may not come back to the publisher, the money sure didn't come to the publisher, so missed opportunity for money for SNK.
Yeah, but how much do you want to beat that Setsuna would have edited his post to hide the ugly truth if he could?

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
there's something strangely hilarious about seeing so many "regular" members of the board clamoring for the roms to be dumped :D

but of course, I couldn't agree more. This is all about preservation. If this game gets damaged or destroyed in an accident, then what? We got nothin'. If the roms are dumped, the game becomes preserved forever and other people can see what the game is like.

I do share a fascination about prototypes too, although I'm certainly not as obsessive as Billy... but I still enjoy seeing and playing prototype games that never got officially released. I'm fascinated by the thought that all these people worked all this time on a game, then were told the game as cancelled, and so all that work was for naught. But then when prototypes sneak out and become emulated, the public gets to see what they were never meant to. It's true that a lot of games are cancelled because they suck, but sometimes there are good games that get canned just because they did poorly at location test arcades (I heard that Primal Rage II was actually really, really good... but it tested poorly and got the axe).

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
BBH:
I still enjoy seeing and playing prototype games that never got officially released.
Just gonna pull this one sentence and say I agree completely. Despite me likely never having the cash to spend on any popular game proto, I still get the same feeling from my US Last Blade and US Faselei NGPC games. Just thinking "Hey these never actually came out, but I have one" is good times.

MarrymeMai

Frenzy Football Player
Setsuna1982:
buster_broon:
looks pretty nice

and.....

DATA EAST OWNS EVERYBODY WHAWAWHAWA
yeah... Fighter's History Dynamite rocks :rolleyes:
I was thinking the same thing. Dunk Dream is by far the best Data East offering, with Windjammers coming in second. Maybe I would have liked Windjammers better if my Phantom would have wanted to play it without resetting in mid-game. :mad:

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
What if we all pooled money to someone who can dump it so they can purchase it? It'd be willing to spend some on that.

aria

Former Moderator
BBH:
there's something strangely hilarious about seeing so many "regular" members of the board clamoring for the roms to be dumped :D
The humor was not lost on me. I'm not going to take a position.

aria

Former Moderator
BTW, the one thing that this thread has actually got me into is the idea of Doom Doom Revolution (maybe that guy who made Dance Dance Karnov should do it)

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
If dumped, it would have to be handled by a professional dumper. If done improperly, the original cart could be permantenly damaged. The roms could still be dumped, but I doubt the community would want that at the cost of losing the original cart.

So yeah, if you're gonna dump it, be sure that its by someone who knows what they're doing.

*laughs at the hypocracy*

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Bobak:
BTW, the one thing that this thread has actually got me into is the idea of Doom Doom Revolution (maybe that guy who made Dance Dance Karnov should do it)
Neo Turfmasta :)

... where is he nowadays? :(

Dance Dance Garou Revolution Euro Mix anyone? spock

Setsuna1982

World Her,
Rade Kuruc:
Yeah, but how much do you want to beat that Setsuna would have edited his post to hide the ugly truth if he could?
I've never do that. So there's no point in starting today

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
buster_broon:
kernow:
Spinmaster .. cough
yeah one of my neo pleasures i'm afraid

looks great and is alot of fun, shame its not longer

the animation for some of the bosses is superb - when it was released my jaw hit the floor
Let's not forget that Data East made the fucking awesome DUNK DREAM!!!! glee

Probably, now, one of my all time fave Neo Geo games :) Just imagine what could be done with more MEGS!! (Dunk Dream = 94MEGS) eek!

C'mon Playmore! More Basketball games!

And a new Super Sidekicks buttrock

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
Actually, there is alot more than one Ghost Lop cart. Aruze had it out for testing in 2001/2002, if I remember correctly. They were very close to releasing it, as they were testing in a a couple arcades.

Nightmare Tony

*Account control passed, on to Tony's family.Ex Ro
If you can, can you mp3 the mausic themes in it? the main music or round 1 was ythe firsat thing that struck me on a fairly fun game. If Ghostlop can get rommed out nicely, that is a BIG bonus all around. I dont recall it ever actually testing out in los angeles, though. merely stayed a couple of days then was whisked away, never to be seen again.

Trium: so when you dropping by to check out the farm>?

M

mr.nippy

Cor Blimey! What a load of fuss! There are so many members on this fansite, I cant believe that there isn't a contingency plan for events like this. Obviously, the best course of action is for a proffessional body of people to pool resources ie: funds into a conglomerate, and seek help to go about officially producing this game, not only to preserve it but also to make money from it as it seems a killer title.

Surely someone out there must have links with companies such as Playmore, etc. How could you pass up an opportunity to own the rights and means to produce a new MVS / AES release for such a small fee?

loco I could buy this now, but what would be the point, just for me to play on a rainy day, I wouldn't know where to begin to duplicate any of the information from the cartridge! Maybe, the seller should try some companies like Vektorlogic, at least there would be some hope of us all sharing the joy of this excellent find. :rolleyes:

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
mr.nippy:
Cor Blimey! What a load of fuss! There are so many members on this fansite, I cant believe that there isn't a contingency plan for events like this. Obviously, the best course of action is for a proffessional body of people to pool resources ie: funds into a conglomerate, and seek help to go about officially producing this game, not only to preserve it but also to make money from it as it seems a killer title.

Surely someone out there must have links with companies such as Playmore, etc. How could you pass up an opportunity to own the rights and means to produce a new MVS / AES release for such a small fee?

loco I could buy this now, but what would be the point, just for me to play on a rainy day, I wouldn't know where to begin to duplicate any of the information from the cartridge! Maybe, the seller should try some companies like Vektorlogic, at least there would be some hope of us all sharing the joy of this excellent find. :rolleyes:
Finally!!!

The absolute most intelligent reply that I have seen since my initial post!!!
No offense to the positive replies, in fact I thank them, rather this comment is only aimed towards the emu and/or insulting replies that I have seen.

This is EXACTLY what I have always told everyone in regards to any & all protos that surface. The fact that ANY asking price is really more then reasonable because "an" asking price is all that is really needed! No "one" person can (or rather cares to) pay an astronomical fee for a proto, however a GROUP of individuals can come together and SHARE in the cost quite comfortably. The problem is that nobody ever simply sets a price (any price) because nobody ever just sells a proto. Well, at least not around here.

For those who do not know btw, this is how it is run in the other gaming communities that I have been a part of over the years...such as Atari, Coleco, etc. We actually have a few key guys who handle it for everyone as protos surface so that everyone wins.

One only dreams that we could just "purchase" a proto. It is just not ever that easy. Nobody ever "openly" places a proto for sale (like I have done) cause if they had (or would) then I would be ecstatic as it would be so simple to handle.

In fact just so everyone here finally knows and understands my "motives", this is exactly how I got this particular proto in the first place. I paid for it with MY own out of pocket cash. And since I am not a millionaire, I need (and deserve) to get my money back. For those of you accusing me of being selfish for not sharing the game and/or of being "money hungry" in selling the game, maybe now you can see how insulting that is to me!

Is anyone else here out a ton of cash? NO! Only I have invested my money in this. And getting my money back, after acquiring the game and selfLESSly sharing all it's pics and info with the community is a GIVEN which would be withOUT question to any logical person. ESPECIALLY if YOU were the one out the cash and wanted your money back! Just think for a second and consider that.

So stop calling me a "hypocrit" or a "back-stabber" etc. I bought a game with MY OWN money, I shared the games glory with my fellow neogeo fans, and I am now asking to get my money back. That's it! This makes me a nice person! PERIOD!

What's so hard to understand about that?

The one main thing that I have come to realize from this whole thing is that NOBODY is as much of a proto freak as myself. I used to think that perhaps some others out there were as crazy and obsessed as I am, but I have found that it is simply not the case. I know this because if the tables were reversed, and had someone else found a proto and placed it for sale, it would already be in my hands! In other words, I would have paid for it instantly long ago! (such as I did already)

Last but not least, I think that everyone here should know that this "obsession" of mine with protos has been and is fueled (for the most part) by my burning desire to solve the neogeo product/game code master list. An accomplishment that in reality benefits everyone! And just so everybody knows, the very first thing that drives me when I get my protos home is to take pics as soon as possible and share them with everyone. Again prooving how my motives are quite selfless.

And for those around here who may be newbies, I have been sharing ALL my info & pics (watermark-free I might add) on ANYTHING that I have proto related for several years now on my website. THIS is the kind of person that I am.

Anyhow, just to update everyone here, I have had several offers come in over the last few days, the highest one of them even over my reserve, but I am holding out for a little while longer in the hopes of a much prefferred "trade" offer.

Showing once again how my PERSONAL (and well understandable) interests to get my own money back STILL take a back seat to my PRIORITIZED interest of acquiring yet another proto for the sake of AGAIN giving out ALL the pics & info for everyone in the community to enjoy!

Last time I checked, selfish people just don't do things like that!

Thank you,
Billy Pitt

Daisuke Jigen

R.I.P.,, Dear Friend,
So it will take how many of us to buy in to get you to send it to someone like Jeff K to properly dump it, and have ROM chips made?

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
Daisuke Jigen:
So it will take how many of us to buy in to get you to send it to someone like Jeff K to properly dump it, and have ROM chips made?
Isn't NGF in court for something similar to this after all?

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Daisuke Jigen:
Of course, if you were to do this, and then contact say Larry "big buck$" Bassin, I'm sure you could recoup the losses. All some collectors want to know is that they own THE original. Everyone else can play the roms.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
JHendrix:
Daisuke Jigen:
Isn't NGF in court for something similar to this after all?
Yes and no... I think the thing that really irked Playmore was that NGF was taking original released games that were MVS only and converting them to Home and stealing original artwork to do manuals/etc. This is what has been reported to me as being a big NO NO to Playmore! I don't think it helped NGF any that they said these were official carts either. :rolleyes:

This is a completly different situation. One, it isn't even a game SNK owns the rights to, it is Data East. And two, the release of it would be fan homebrew... the only thing is it has the Neo-Geo logo at start up... not sure if that would fly.

Anyway, from a legal standpoint it is not what NGF was doing, and this game may not even be considered worth Playmore's time... so...

-Nick