Getting my AES to play MVS carts, suggestions please

Wolfheart

n00b
My AES system is on it's way via EMS. Should be here in a day or two. It is a Japanese system. Now I want to play both AES and MVS carts. What would be the simplest and cheapest (but still dependable) way to get my system to play MVS carts? The Phantom-1 is a little too much for me to spend right now. Should I get the debug bios done by !Arcade!? Or is there a better way to go about doing it WITHOUT spending $300 or $400 more.

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
Originally posted by Wolfheart:
<strong>My AES system is on it's way via EMS. Should be here in a day or two. It is a Japanese system. Now I want to play both AES and MVS carts. What would be the simplest and cheapest (but still dependable) way to get my system to play MVS carts? The Phantom-1 is a little too much for me to spend right now. Should I get the debug bios done by !Arcade!? Or is there a better way to go about doing it WITHOUT spending $300 or $400 more.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Getting a debug bios will only allow you to play AES carts in MVS mode. You will not be able to use MVS carts in an AES machine without a converter because the edge connecters on the AES and MVS are totally different. Simply put, MVS carts will not plug into a home system.

$hockwave

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
i would try to make a trade with somone but anyway the phantom 1 is the only way i know that you can play all the mvs carts on it because some are encrpted like motw,kof 99 and 2000 and it will be worth it to get a phantom 1 even thou the price is as much as a new aes cart but you can get a kit of 2001 for 185 and buy the aes version for 295 you do the math.

mog

Bead Banger
Originally posted by $hockwave:
<strong>i would try to make a trade with somone but anyway the phantom 1 is the only way i know that you can play all the mvs carts on it because some are encrpted like motw,kof 99 and 2000 and it will be worth it to get a phantom 1 even thou the price is as much as a new aes cart but you can get a kit of 2001 for 185 and buy the aes version for 295 you do the math.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yep. If you look at how much you're saving on games by buying MVS instead of AES, the Phantom 1 pays for itself almost immediately in most cases.

tattoo

Marked Wolf
or in some cases the supergun with a pcb is the way to go. for me the phantom 1 is too fragile...i'd end up breaking it. just my opinion