Getting a US Saturn

caleb1883

Super Spy Agent
I'm going to be getting a US Sega Saturn for free. So I was curious what games to get? I have arcade hardware for Capcom and SNK fighters, so those are out. I don't like RPG's. Nights, and Virtua Cop are both games I like, but they have been ported to PS2 in upgraded versions. I just don't know what to invest in.

scgon

Benimaru's Hairdresser
10 Year Member
I'd put Guardian Heroes and Burning Rangers at the top of the list and if you like strategy titles, Dragon Force is AMAZING.

Enjoy!

payment_due

Arcade Trading Room Troll? Well its about damn t
Agreed with scgon. Burning Rangers made my pants happy. Also, any of the capcom/snk ports, Panzer Dragoon 1, 2 and Saga, Shining Force III, Astal.

Too many to name. I wuv my saturn.

Grandmaster

Kula's Candy
it's true. the saturn has a lot of great and interesting titles.

Sonic Jam has all three sonic games released for genesis and then some. it has what is the closest thing to an original sonic game for the Saturn, in 3D and before sonic adventure. :D

also try Die Hard Arcade. it was an exclusive saturn title with great beat 'em up action.

Last edited:

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Cool shooters

Don't forget House of the Dead, Area 51 & Crypt Killer. Also, Resident Evil had bonus features exclusive to the Saturn.:smirk:

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
What you want is:
Layer Section (I think the USA title is Galactic Attack)
Darius Gaiden
Panzer Dragoon
and Panzer Dragoon Zwei

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I can recomend a few shmups ;)

Sexy Parodius
Salamander Deluxe Pack
Parodius Da Deluxe Pack
Gradius Deluxe Pack

I listed a few imports though all ya need is a pro action replay plus and your set.

discgolfer72

Crossed Swords Squire
i have revolution x i love that game aerosmith used to be the shit
and cant forget daytona

caleb1883

Super Spy Agent
All those sound like great titles. The shoot-em ups especially. Always wanted a Saturn when I was a kid. Guardian Heroes is damn expensive. And I think I'm going to go ahead and invest in a Virtua Cop set though, even though there is a graphically superior remake on import PS2. Nights is cool but, I think I'll go with the PS2 remake on that one.

RocketLawnChair

Dyslexic Mods FWT!, , got me 2 scalps, ,
15 Year Member
Most of the best Saturn games are import only (big surprise), and of *those* games, many are quite expensive. Personally, my favorite Saturn setup is: Saturn w/ modchip, region mod, and Sega 4MB RAM cart. Some will recommend carts which allow imports, but most of these carts seem to have a thicker PCB, which ultimately messes up the cart slot.

Penguinmasta

New Challenger
I'd put Guardian Heroes and Burning Rangers at the top of the list and if you like strategy titles, Dragon Force is AMAZING.

Enjoy!

I second this Dragon Force is amazing! I always get stuck at the same spot but I love starting over and taking over all of the castles. :drool:

pretty much the only thing my saturn gets used for.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
sonic r,radient silvergun,sengoku blaed,dodonpachi,sega rally,Hyper Duel ,thunder force v,castlevania x, and theres just so many more.

And also,the ps2 version of nights does not do justice to it ,in my oppinion. it just does not feel right. incomlete almost.if i was you,i would get the original nights for the saturn.and christmas nights aswell.

TLH

Zero's Secretary
The best titles for Saturn IMO are (15 yr collector)

The best of the best....

1. Capcom Titles - Vampire Savior JP, Capcom Gen 2, and US fighter series, Marvel Super Heroes, Megaman 4, and or 8, Street Fighter Collection, Night Warriors, Street Fighter Alpha and some like Alpha 2

2. Bizzare Rare and really fun to play, Guardian Heroes, and Working Design titles, Dragon Force

3. The best from Treasure - Radiant Silvergun Jp - this game is not overrated !

4. Bomberman for Saturn, Burning Rangers, Nights and Darius Gaiden most find really fun to play..

5. there is also dodonpachi import and Sengoku Blaed, Cotton series and KOF series on Saturn Import... You will need to invest in a cheater cart to play imports on your US unit... Best of Luck and welcome to the Saturn world....

Chainclaw

Geese's Thug
Most of the best Saturn titles are arcade ports. Radiant Silvergun, the D&D Collection, et cetera.

The Segata Shanshiro game is absolutely terrible, and hilarious at the same time.

Now that I'm setup to play arcade games, I have very little interest in the Saturn library, US or Japan.

caleb1883

Super Spy Agent
Got it today. Haven't tested it to see if it works yet, but oh my god. Man did I ever hit the jackpot for free stuff. I was expecting just a console, as my friend is a girl and said she found it in her basement and would send me what she found. She said it had some 'lame games' with it. Well it came with all the hookups, not one, but two six button pads, Nights Into Dreams, Clockwork Knight, and a demo of Panzer Dragoon.

I mean, I know that stuff isn't mind blowing, but considering it was free, and I was expecting much less. I'm pretty excited.