getting a mini cute need some help

sliceypete

Astra Superstar
15 Year Member
well ill soon be a proud owner of a mini cute:D (getting one from matsu) and just wanted to ask some question. when i got quoted for shipping there were 2 options, one was door to door and the other was pick up at your local terminal. there a 70 dollar different between the both so it ain't so cheap, anyone know where a local terminal would be located(i was thinking maybe it the airport) or should i just get door to door, i do like pretty close the Logan airport so it wouldn't be a problem to pick it up there. ok now my final question, when i do final get this thing what can i put i it? can i just throw in a mvs board, is it jamma? can i put pretty much anything in it(sorry for the stupid question) i was thinking of maybe putting in a ps2 so i can run third strike on this bad boy. good idea? alright that all i got, hopefully someone can answer my questions:tickled:

demirichris

Hardened Shock Trooper
A local terminal is always at the airport as far as I know. I would go for that option if you really want to save some cash, but door to door is pretty sweet. Thats the way I get my stuff delivered from Matsu and others.

The minicute should be just straight jamma, so most everything will work on it. The PS2 might not be that hot because its hard to get a good video signal from it. that the CGA monitor will look at. However if you really really love third strike and don't want to buy the board...it may be your best bet.

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
sliceypete said:
well ill soon be a proud owner of a mini cute:D (getting one from matsu) and just wanted to ask some question. when i got quoted for shipping there were 2 options, one was door to door and the other was pick up at your local terminal. there a 70 dollar different between the both so it ain't so cheap, anyone know where a local terminal would be located(i was thinking maybe it the airport) or should i just get door to door, i do like pretty close the Logan airport so it wouldn't be a problem to pick it up there. ok now my final question, when i do final get this thing what can i put i it? can i just throw in a mvs board, is it jamma? can i put pretty much anything in it(sorry for the stupid question) i was thinking of maybe putting in a ps2 so i can run third strike on this bad boy. good idea? alright that all i got, hopefully someone can answer my questions:tickled:

First off, if you get door to door, make sure to specify that you need a lift gate. I doubt that your home has a loading dock built into it. Lift gates usually cost more money. If you're looking to save $, then terminal pickup may be your best option. They have terminals at most airports, and bus stations (most likely an airport in your case).

As for the games you can run in it, a 1 slot MVS will work just fine. Any game with a jamma edge harness should work plug and play. The only thing is your jamma harness to use MVS may need re-wiring, as the capcom standard is 3 buttons (punchs) through the jamma harness, and the other 3 (kicks) through the optional connector.

Good luck with the cab, thats a sweet one :)

-Bill

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
I'm in the process of buying a Mini Cute from Matsu too.

I just went with door-to-door delivery because of the convenience.

My first cab was delivered this way and I remember having a problem with the lift gate (the problem was that there wasn't one on the truck) and it ended up being quite a pain in the ass trying to lug a dedicated stand-up 4-Slot Neo out of the back of a truck.

I'm not too worried about it this time, since the weight of the Cute isn't going to be much of a factor (the thing isn't even 100lbs...)

Anyway, what everyone else said about terminal pickups is correct.

You'd pretty much just have to go to Logan, toss it in the back of your truck and off you go.

But if you had any further questions, I think Matsu would've done this enough times to be able to answer anything you might want to know.

Last edited:

sliceypete

Astra Superstar
15 Year Member
wow thanks for all the help guys, im going to do door to door seems like its worth it.also thanks for the info about the jamma, ill probably just buy a cps2 game or something and run it in there till i get enough money for a cps3 setup. o0o to run a cps2 game you need A and B board right? the a board the motherboard and the b the game? well that what i think it is. man im so pumped i can't wait to get this:D

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
To AverageJoe & Slicypete:

I'm down in CT, if either of you guys decide to eventually sell the mini cute, or would like to trade for a different candy, holla at me. I'll take it off your hands and pick it up in person :)

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
sliceypete said:
wow thanks for all the help guys, im going to do door to door seems like its worth it.also thanks for the info about the jamma, ill probably just buy a cps2 game or something and run it in there till i get enough money for a cps3 setup. o0o to run a cps2 game you need A and B board right? the a board the motherboard and the b the game? well that what i think it is. man im so pumped i can't wait to get this:D

Yes, A board is the motherboard, B is the game. Japanese (green) and US (blue) games can play on the same motherboards USA, Japan or Euro. Asia and Hispanic (grey and orange boards) will only play on Asia or Hispanic mobo's.

-Bill

sliceypete

Astra Superstar
15 Year Member
billd420 said:

I'm down in CT, if either of you guys decide to eventually sell the mini cute, or would like to trade for a different candy, holla at me. I'll take it off your hands and pick it up in person :)

nice try but i don't think im going to be selling it anytime soon(this motherfucker cost a good chuck of my money lol). off topic but bill im going to be up in ct for evo east that happening in Stamford, CT(may 25-27) so if you want to meet up and play some neo im all up for that:D. pm me sometime pce

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I'm looking to get a cab and just googled matsu mini cute arcade to see what these are like. I didn't get any good results.

Does anyone have a link to where these can be bought?

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
billd420 said:

Would only happen should I find myself in dire need of money.

Good luck hunting one down though.

Magnaflux said:
I'm looking to get a cab and just googled matsu mini cute arcade to see what these are like. I didn't get any good results.

Does anyone have a link to where these can be bought?

They're called Capcom Mini Cute(s), the person that's selling them (and many other Japanese Arcades) is called Matsu.

If he has a website, I don't know what it is, but you can PM droid (he acts as an intermediary to Matsu) or email him [Matsu] directly at: gamemachine2003@hotmail.com

From what I've seen so far, it doesn't look like these cabs are all that easy to get a hold of, so when Matsu gets them stocked, they sell out rather quickly.

brumma

NEST Puppet

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
Average Joe said:
Would only happen should I find myself in dire need of money.

Good luck hunting one down though.

Well I'm not really in the market as I don't really need a fourth candy. However, if one were to be available for local pickup, there's no way I could say no :mr_t:

Just puttin that out there if you ever hit a rough spot an need to dump it, you've got a buyer.

Peace,
B