Get well soon, Tak

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Thank you for the kind words and well-wishes, means alot to me.

It turned out that I caught a erysipelas of the lower left leg. Swollen leg, dark red, hot to the touch, six open wounds, huge zombi-style blisters everywhere, the lot. 10 days hospital treatment was successful, still have to continue therapy for a couple of weeks but things look much better now. I can walk again without almost fainting from pain so it's all good.

Hospital stay was okay, relatively good food (we got awesome Bratwürste last Wednesday), really nice nurses and docs, can't complain. The first four days were not so hot due to lotsa pain but then the antibiotics infusions kicked in and things improved quite a bit.

Again, thank you, my friends, I'm really happy that I'm back home with the wife and back home with you guys! :love:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
What's the story bud
Good question, docs were unable to tell where the infection/inflammation started. The best guess is my work shoes, I always try to keep them in good shape and clean them regularly but there may have been some irritation on my left foot which turned into that erysipelas bs.

All I can say is that it started with a very small wound on the middle of the shin which oozed a watery liquid, I put some desinfectant and plasters on it and it slowly went away over the course of several weeks. Then a few days later, I woke in the middle of the night, my left leg hurt like crap and I had high fever and extreme shivers, I couldn't even talk coherently. The leg almost erupted like a volcano and I was bleeding and oozing from six large wounds all around it. Went to the doc the next day who send me straight to the hospital.

Overall, erysipelas is a 3/10, quite amazing visuals (Walking Dead, anyone) but painful and rather nasty overall. :D

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
I'm very glad you're fixed up, and back in business. We missed you, tak. This place kind of sucks without you. Let the healing continue.

I'm saying it now though, call it tough love, but the next time you experience a malady, don't just self-fix it and call it day. By waiting weeks to get it checked out, you really put yourself in jeopardy. Scary shit, man. Your health isn't worth gambling with. That's all. Big hugs.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I'm very glad you're fixed up, and back in business. We missed you, tak. This place kind of sucks without you. Let the healing continue.

I'm saying it now though, call it tough love, but the next time you experience a malady, don't just self-fix it and call it day. By waiting weeks to get it checked out, you really put yourself in jeopardy. Scary shit, man. Your health isn't worth gambling with. That's all. Big hugs.
That's definitely true and I have learned a lot from it. There are problems where you shouldn't fool around with self-medication and shit, otherwise things may go bad very quick. People have lost their legs to erysipelas, some even their lives due to pulmonary embolism caused by a thrombosis.

Not going to make that mistake ever again.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
That's definitely true and I have learned a lot from it. There are problems where you shouldn't fool around with self-medication and shit, otherwise things may go bad very quick. People have lost their legs to erysipelas, some even their lives due to pulmonary embolism caused by a thrombosis.

Not going to make that mistake ever again.
welcome back...but we have some work to do. Xavier is out of control and the pride boys are about to do a J6.

@joe8 is also developing a personality...but it's mostly disrespectfulness and sass.

Last edited:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
welcome back...but we have some work to do. Xavier is out of control and the pride boys are about to do a J5.

@joe8 is also developing a personality...but it's mostly disrespectfulness and sass.
Had to google J5. Let's see.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Yes Tak returns! That sounds horrifying. I'm super sorry you have to suffer through that. I hope you heal quickly brutha!

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Glad to see you back, Takumaji. Take it nice and slow, heal completely and then take no prisoners :buttrock: