Geometry Wars Cab?

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Hey all,

So saw this video last night, whether you like the guy or not I thought this was a pretty interesting cab setup. Geometry Wars with dual sticks, kind of like a newer asteroids or something. I guess the guy that built this is also doing a streets of rage cab as well.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Wow, nice. I love Geometry Wars a lot and always wanted to play it Robotron 2084-style with proper dual sticks.

Is there a way to do it without custom-made controllers, read, is there a dual arcade stick controller for the 360?

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Wow, nice. I love Geometry Wars a lot and always wanted to play it Robotron 2084-style with proper dual sticks.

Is there a way to do it without custom-made controllers, read, is there a dual arcade stick controller for the 360?

Not that I know of natively, but I'm sure it can be done custom.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I don't know of any existing ones but it would be pretty easy with a ps360+, with the added bonus of multi console support.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Cool idea for dual analog joysticks. I wonder if something with triggers would work better, to make using bombs a bit more twitchy.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
The guy who builds the cabs for him is a member of this site. I don't quite understand how they made this cab considering you who have to hook up the digital joystick to the analog thumbsticks...That's gotta be a fucking ballbuster.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Hmm... translating the analog output to a simple on/off is not the problem but IIRC, the ship also gets faster or slower depending on the position of the analog sticks which is much harder to emulate with digital sticks. In the old days this was done by defining a range between stop and full speed and increasing the speed by one the longer you held the stick in a certain direction. The controls in Asteroids were programmed like that, among others.