Genre Color Coding Scheme?

praedicator

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Just got back from a ciesta and want to make more inserts :multi_co:

NeoCverA and others have mentioned that some genres of Neo games are color coded, does anyone have a list of which colors correspond to which genres?

Thanks!

_Kefka_

Overtop Pathfinder
Here :

red = fighting
blue = shoot-them-up / action ?? (metal slug serie)
yellow = puzzle
green = sport

if I don't make mistakes...

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
You can go to my website (check sig) and download the Templates. I have a Fighting, Puzzle, Sports and Action template. These are sized and matched to the inserts at Big Bears site (crazearcade) and al the one Ive released. They are optimized to fit in Shockboxes.

praedicator

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I was using my own template with previous inserts, but I might as well switch to your's NeoCverA since it seems to be the one everyone is using these days.

Thanks for the info!

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
praedicator said:
I was using my own template with previous inserts, but I might as well switch to your's NeoCverA since it seems to be the one everyone is using these days.

Thanks for the info!

It's all up to you bro. I was just saying to use it as a reference for the color/genre thing you were askin about. The template is essentially the one that Big Bear made. I just created multiple version with some workable layers to edit (like the meg count, etc).

Please don't think I'm trying to make people follow any rules when it comes to creating inserts. I offer the templates as a starting point or a base to work from. My goal is simply to get more people involved in creating them.

Can't wait to see your next work!

praedicator

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Whoa there captain.... :eek_2: I wasn't trying to say anything negative about the template, I was just saying that it's good for people to be working from similar template styles.

Designing inserts is all about personal preference and style, but it makes for a more cohesive body of works when consistent form is used.

Sorry if anything I said sounded negative :D