Genesis Fatal Fury footage on Archive.org!

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
redrum666 said:
my 1st super nes game was FATAL FURY a friend gave it to me for free i still to this day dont know why he did that lol

I think I have an idea why he did .... :spock:

Honestly, when I buy a game that's that bad - I'm better off just giving it away so I'm not constantly reminded of my own poor judgement as a video game buyer. :)

Anyway, thanks for posting all those port videos - I love those old school commercials. :D

buster_broon

The Rock,
galfordo said:
Anyway, thanks for posting all those port videos - I love those old school commercials. :D

just had a wee look at them all myself - and they look ok

the snes port of world heroes 2 looks amazing - 24megs of power :tickled:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
buster_broon said:
just had a wee look at them all myself - and they look ok

the snes port of world heroes 2 looks amazing - 24megs of power :tickled:

That's nothing dude, Samurai Shodown for the SNES has 32!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

OMFG ... <3!

redrum666

Mai's Apprentice
world heroes 2 and Samurai Shodown were the best of all of the video they look like real commercials

ToeJam

Marked Wolf
Well lemme chime in on Fatal Fury for genesis. IT SUCKED! I owned it, and the controls were unresponsive and the game sucked! Everything would lag a second, at least.

MarrymeMai

Frenzy Football Player
ToeJam said:
Well lemme chime in on Fatal Fury for genesis. IT SUCKED! I owned it, and the controls were unresponsive and the game sucked! Everything would lag a second, at least.

At least the cover art was done by the Evangelion artist. Looked much better than the US AES art. What a piece of crap that was.

redrum666

Mai's Apprentice
MarrymeMai said:
At least the cover art was done by the Evangelion artist. Looked much better than the US AES art. What a piece of crap that was.

LOL :lol: i 2nd that. the super nes, superfamicom and genesis all had a hell of a better cover then the US homecart

Stokers

Geese's Thug
I used to love fatal fury on the mega drive.

However that was before i had seen the neo geo version. In fact i just played both back to back. Seeing the Aes version is quite a wake up - makes you notice alot more of the details.

However not the best of games to begin with, did anyone here fork out for fatal fury when it came out - i know it was touted as a big game way back when.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Stokers said:
However not the best of games to begin with, did anyone here fork out for fatal fury when it came out - i know it was touted as a big game way back when.

I forked out quite a few quarters, and then got bitch-slapped when I bought the SNES version - that's all my little broke ass could afford.

And yeah, Fatal Fury was pretty big back then. The gameplay wasn't as good as SF2, but it did have really nice innovations (scaling, ability to fight on different planes, cool voice acting IMO, and some other stuff I can't think of. :)

Grandmaster-C

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
20 Year Member
Amano Jacu said:
I had Fatal Fury for my Megadrive when I was 14 years old and I enjoyed it to death. It was much better than the Snes one

yeah right, i have both ports at home (Genesis and SNES) the Genesis port is much better.....

Genesis has the Cutscenes, from the Original, plays a lot better and the Sound isn't so bad......

The SNES has no Cutscenes but Loading Times (yeah, right loadingstimes, the Game is unbelievebale slow.......) the musics sucks as hell, only point for the snes one is that All Fighters are in.......

redrum666

Mai's Apprentice
Grandmaster-C said:
Genesis has the Cutscenes, from the Original, plays a lot better and the Sound isn't so bad......

The SNES has no Cutscenes but Loading Times (yeah, right loadingstimes, the Game is unbelievebale slow.......) the musics sucks as hell, only point for the snes one is that All Fighters are in.......

wasent that the same thing with art of fighting the genesis had cutscenes and the super nes did not have cutscenes

Grandmaster-C

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
20 Year Member
redrum666 said:
wasent that the same thing with art of fighting the genesis had cutscenes and the super nes did not have cutscenes

the genesis AOF has the cutscenes, but about the SNES Port (i have never played it) i have no idea....

anyone owns the SNES Port and can answer this ?

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
Grandmaster-C said:
the genesis AOF has the cutscenes, but about the SNES Port (i have never played it) i have no idea....

anyone owns the SNES Port and can answer this ?

I own it. No cutscenes.

redrum666

Mai's Apprentice
Grandmaster-C said:
yeah right, i have both ports at home (Genesis and SNES) the Genesis port is much better.....

i just remeber someing about the genesis ver the genesis is missing Hwai Jai and Billy Kane and they were both in the super nes ver

Grandmaster-C

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
20 Year Member
redrum666 said:
i just remeber someing about the genesis ver the genesis is missing Hwai Jai and Billy Kane and they were both in the super nes ver

right, that's the only point for the SNES Version.

But Hwa Jai is in the Genesis Port, not as a selectable Fighter, he stands in one of the Backgrounds ;)

PS: the genesis port from Fatal Fury was my very first SNK Game :)

Last edited:

redrum666

Mai's Apprentice
Grandmaster-C said:
right, that's the only point for the SNES Version.

But Hwa Jai is in the Genesis Port, not as a selectable Fighter, he stands in one of the Backgrounds ;)

PS: the genesis port from Fatal Fury was my very first SNK Game :)

yah Hwa Jai in the Background of duck kings stage

allso Billy Kane in the background of Richard Meyers stage on the right side next to a women in a red dress

MarrymeMai

Frenzy Football Player
redrum666 said:
yah Hwa Jai in the Background of duck kings stage

allso Billy Kane in the background of Richard Meyers stage on the right side next to a women in a red dress

I wonder if that could be Lilly. But that's probably giving Takara too much credit.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I just watch that video a while a back for fun. I got a good laugh out of it. I remember when i had a Genesis and Fatal Fury for it,better then nothing for it's time. Far as ports go still looking at it now the sound effects seem mess up.

Is it me or when Terry does a PowerWave,it sounds like he's saying police! What's up with Andy when he wins a match it he,says yeah it all most sounds like. He had a cold or some thing. Did the Aes version have better,sound effects?

Last edited:

redrum666

Mai's Apprentice
Tron 2.0 said:
Is it me or when Terry does a PowerWave,it sounds like he's saying police! What's up with Andy when he wins a match it he,says yeah it all most sounds like. He had a cold or some thing. Did the Aes version have better,sound effects?

yes Aes version has WAY BETTER sound effects

it sound like that cuz of genesis and power of the MEGA BASS all games must have way to much bass :eek_2:

MarrymeMai

Frenzy Football Player
Tron 2.0 said:
I just watch that video a while a back for fun. I got a good laugh out of it. I remember when i had a Genesis and Fatal Fury for it,better then nothing for it's time. Far as ports go still looking at it now the sound effects seem mess up.

I always thought he said "allow ME!" Same with KOF '94 and FF2 and Special.

"Allow ME!" Terry: The most polite fighter ever.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
MarrymeMai said:

Maybe that's what he's realy saying,i'm not sure. Then agian the Genesis didn't have much in terms, of sound quality. Any time any compeny tried to put,any kind of speech on a Genesis game. It got that damn muffle sound. :lol: :p

Last edited:

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
redrum666 said:
yes Aes version has WAY BETTER sound effects

it sound like that cuz of genesis and power of the MEGA BASS all games must have way to much bass :eek_2:
It must of what Sega ment in terms,of Blast Processing! :lol:

redrum666

Mai's Apprentice
MarrymeMai said:

did you guys watch the fighter's history video wane mizoguchi does his fire ball it sounds like he is saying TAKE A GOOD LOOK AT THAT and ray sound like he saying BAKE POTATO wane he does his fire ball and wane he does his kick move it sound like he saying RADIO KICK OR WAIT A GO KICK

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MAN THAT GAME WAS THE BEST BACK IN THE DAY TO MAKE FUN OF