General info on Mamoru-kun wa Norowarete Shimatta!

the7k

Tarma's Gun Polisher
I've gotta 2-Player Tate 2-Button JAMMA cab that is empty (Had Viper in it, but the dude that gave me the cab kept the Viper board) and I'm looking to fill it with something - something weeaboo as hell, preferably, considering I will be bringing it to cons and such. I've been looking into Mamoru-kun wa Norowarete Shimatta!, but I've been getting conflicting info so I want to make sure it'll work for what I want it for.

1) It is a 2 Action button game, right? I looked up the controls and it looks like the actions are "Shot" and "Curse", but I wanna make sure.

2) Does it require analog controls? I'd imagine it's digital controls like most shmups, but I haven't seen anything that flat out states it is digital and I wanna make sure.

... I think that's all I need to know. Really just wanting to make damn sure I can just take the cartridge, jam it in a Naomi, plug it in a Capcom I/O, shove it in this cab and be done with it without having to worry about rewiring shit or getting new power supplies.

Last edited:

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
something weeaboo as hell

:lolz: Gunbird 1 is actually a decent game and might fit the bill, more simple than running a naomi that’s for damn sure. Gunbird 2 though is a 3 button game, so go for the first. If it was a yoko cab I’d say one of the parodius games.

gbash-tetsu5.png

CUT2.png

Last edited:

the7k

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Yeah, I got Sexy Parodius, and am thinking about Gunbird if this game doesn't work out. Thanks for letting me know Gunbird 2 won't work out.

Still interested in this Mamoru game, though, looks really pastel and stuff. And kinda reminds me of Cannon Spike.

Last edited:

Chempop

I haven’t played Mamoru-kun but the arcade release is certainly digital controls. The port had an analog twin stick widescreen mode iirc. What kind of cab, you can’t drill more button holes or swap the control panel for one with more buttons?

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Fun game - I have it on NAOMI and yes; it is digital and yes, 2 buttons. Sounds like you know you'll need the I/O and mobo, so beyond that, your straight.

A fun game with only one button and that ANYONE can get into is Star Trigon, and is about half the price of Mamoru Kun. Super small PCB, very fun game.

the7k

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Star Trigon looks good, but not tate from the footage I saw. Thanks for mentioning it, though, will definitely look into it.

I could drill buttons, but I'm just feeling lazy and want something I can just plop into it and still have it be something unique. It used to be some old school 4-player football game before it became a Viper.

Chempop

For $400-500 Muchi Muchi Pork is weeab-tastic.

the7k

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Ah, that's a bit much for me right now.

Looking at it closer, it looks like there's no 2 player on Mamoru, though. Still interesting, but will probably have to put it aside for now. Gunbird it is then.

Last edited:

Chempop

Well Gunbird is Psikyo so you know what to expect, easy to pickup and play, great for short burst and co-op play. I’m trying to think of others that won’t break the bank, Gunbird should be around $75-100 tops.

undamned

Pleasure Goal
Yeah, sadly with the criteria of "weeaboo as hell" you set your price point pretty high. It's expensive to be an uber nerd :D
-ud

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Geez, i'm clueless. I assumed weeaboo meant "cutesy". Just looked up the real definition.

Hmmm, what about Illmatic Envelope? Or maybe Radirgy Noah. Both are a bit more expensive, but not detrimentally so. I never play 2p shmups, so i'm not sure if they are 2p either, i'd have to check. I think both fit the criteria better than Gunbird and they are going to be more active and colorful.