Geese Howard. The official thread.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Did he really survive? Is he just a revenant? A god? Big ol dong?

This is the Geese thread.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
best leatherdaddy
qL7VsVE.jpg

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I dunno but Real Bout has the best cover art of any Neo game.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Of course he didn’t die, he went on to promote many successful fast-food chains that we still enjoy today:

4B191E02-07B7-46E6-986E-51C405054944.png

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Young long haired Geese from AOF2 was badass. You cannot escape.....from death.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Holy shit those photoshops of Geese's face on Ronald McDonald are badass lolol

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I always liked that scene in the 2nd (?) Fatal Fury movie where he's in the forest and blasts a Raging Storm and Billy shits himself.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Another of my Geese theories: In FFS one of his win quotes goes something like, "The immortal Geese is about to take you to a very hot place indeed." To me, that kind of implies he cut some kind of deal with Satan, or whatever dark power you like, not to perish after his fall from Geese Tower, and is now something more than human, acting as their agent, collecting the souls of the fighters he defeats to pay off his debt.

Kind of going off on a tangent here, but, I feel that Rugal's use of the Reppuken, but NOT the Raging Storm, implies that he tried, and failed, to master Geese's SDM, and I feel that's partially what made his mind snap. He flings Krauser's Kaiser Wave like nothing, but, the fact that he had to settle for one of Geese's normal moves instead of the big finisher speaks volumes to me. His inability to do the Raging Storm is an acknowledgement that Geese is better than him and he had to overcompensate with a nuclear-armed aircraft carrier, a pet leopard, and turning Guile into a statue to sleep at night.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I always liked that scene in the 2nd (?) Fatal Fury movie where he's in the forest and blasts a Raging Storm and Billy shits himself.

Yeah, I agree. That was a bit of nice foreshadowing for another FF movie that didn't happen. The elemental antagonists in that film strongly imply Orochi spawn to me as well.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member

Hell yeah. Back then I had hoped that the scene was a teaser for a 4th fatal fury anime from Masami Obari featuring the return of Geese, but sadly it never happened. Still love these animes.

Kind of going off on a tangent here, but, I feel that Rugal's use of the Reppuken, but NOT the Raging Storm, implies that he tried, and failed, to master Geese's SDM, and I feel that's partially what made his mind snap. He flings Krauser's Kaiser Wave like nothing, but, the fact that he had to settle for one of Geese's normal moves instead of the big finisher speaks volumes to me. His inability to do the Raging Storm is an acknowledgement that Geese is better than him and he had to overcompensate with a nuclear-armed aircraft carrier, a pet leopard, and turning Guile into a statue to sleep at night.

:lolz::lolz::lolz:

I’ll never be able to look at the events of kof’94 the same again lol This is absolute gold

Setherial

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Geese Howard rules! One of my favorite characters. He always looks badass.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
For my fellow FF fans, here’s some Geese artwork from Shinkiro’s sketchbooks.

This first one is Fatal Fury Special era. Bonus sketch of Geese fresh outta the hospital post tower-fall in the upper right:

D0BA4D7D-3CDB-412D-B318-41E5992A2146.jpeg

These are Real Bout era:

4B16BD49-3A41-4DBE-8FD3-A495D3FCC0F9.jpeg

Long live Garou Densetsu! :buttrock:

Last edited:

shadowsfollow

New Challenger
Geese is my favorite SNK male character, talk about the Real Bout PSX Manual and the connection between Terry and Geese. What about the Fatal Fury prequel novel, the rise of Geese to power in Southtown, that was pretty special.

Geese return in KOF Neowave was awesome too, they should have used that in KOFXII, could have been great.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Geese is so cool he doesn't make anyone question why his name is Geese.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
I'm almost convinced Vladimir Putin is the real life version of Geese.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Geese is my favorite SNK male character, talk about the Real Bout PSX Manual and the connection between Terry and Geese. What about the Fatal Fury prequel novel, the rise of Geese to power in Southtown, that was pretty special.

Geese return in KOF Neowave was awesome too, they should have used that in KOFXII, could have been great.

We chatted about the psx manual a bit in this thread. Check it out and let me know what you think:
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?270375-Terry-Geese-and-the-question-of-fatherhood
View attachment 43489

It's a cool story and one that depicts Geese reflecting during the events of Real Bout (and after the birth of his own son, Rock). Regarding the question at the time, it's also worth mentioning that in an issue of Neo Geo Freak, SNK responded with a "No" to a fan-question asking if Geese was Andy's father in particular (a rumor going back to Geese's young appearance in Art of Fighting 2).

The two Geese Howard graphic novels ("Geese Howard Gaiden" & "Geese in the Dark") and the audio dramas ("SNK Character Sound Collection Vol. 3 Geese Howard") are really good and are the only insights we really get into Geese and his motivations for being the badass depicted in the games.

Last edited:

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I framed beezels drawing of giant throbbing caulk Geese. It sits proudly along side Jay Shaw, Shepard Fairy, William Wray, Ashley Wood, Faile, Malleus and Tyler Stout.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
I framed beezels drawing of giant throbbing caulk Geese. It sits proudly along side Jay Shaw, Shepard Fairy, William Wray, Ashley Wood, Faile, Malleus and Tyler Stout.
Pics or bullshit lies