Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
Highlander67 said:
Well the DS Sales are still going strong and outperforming the PSP. I'm happy

Me too. I'm not gonna pay $50 for a fucking handheld game. DS rocks! :buttrock:

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
It's always easy to say about a system that's been out so much longer and has a large library of games. Heck, within the first year of the GBA launch, people could say the Gameboy Color and the Neo Geo Pocket had all the great games, together, particularly since the GBC had the large library of regular GB games already made, and the Neo Geo Pocket released with such a strong yet brief lineup in nearly every handle genre 'cept racers and platform, not to mention single-handedly made handheld fighting games a real viable idea. This was due in part to well-developed fight engines, good use of a 16-bit processor, and quite possibly the best fighting thumbsticks ever created giving unprecedented control for that genre.

Reiko

Mr. Big's Thug
Yeah, GBA still rocks with all these great new games like Gunstar Heroes, Final Fantasy IV-VI, Wario Ware Twisted etc. But since the DS can play GBA games (in single player, but so what), I think the prize of best handheld goes to that. DS has Castlevania, Phoenix Wright, Meteos and the New Super Mario Bros. must be awesome :)

ray_7

thanks for saying this on my behalf tonk!

aria of sorrow on gba is pure sex...

Reiko

Mr. Big's Thug
Have you tried Castlevania on DS yet? It's even better than the GBA ones ;) What does your occupation say? Dracula's something...

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
Reiko said:
What does your occupation say? Dracula's something...
According to Google translation:
ドラキュラの助手 = Dracula's Assistant

ray_7

Reiko said:
Have you tried Castlevania on DS yet? It's even better than the GBA ones ;) What does your occupation say? Dracula's something...

of course i did my friend, but i dunno why... right now i'm liking AoS more than DoS...

and yes D-Lite (well, google) is correct... =)

Shawn Carr2o

6200|!!|Drillslug Driver
The GBA needs some more Castlevania games and some more Metroid games and some more ported games from the SNES. ;) :cool:

Like,

Actraiser
Actraiser 2
Castlevania: Dracula X
Chrono Trigger
Cybernator
Earthbound
Ghoul Patrol with new levels added
Illusion of Gaia
Megaman X
Megaman X2
Megaman X3
Ninja Gaiden Trilogy
Secret of Evermore
Secret of Mana
Skyblazer
Soulblazer
Super Castlevania IV
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time
Terranigma
Zombies Ate My Neighbor's

And many more SNES ports for the GBA. ;) :cool:

dark penguin

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
Shawn Carr2o said:
The GBA needs some more Castlevania games and some more Metroid games and some more ported games from the SNES. ;) :cool:

Like,

Actraiser
Actraiser 2
Castlevania: Dracula X
Chrono Trigger
Cybernator
Earthbound
Ghoul Patrol with new levels added
Illusion of Gaia
Megaman X
Megaman X2
Megaman X3
Ninja Gaiden Trilogy
Secret of Evermore
Secret of Mana
Skyblazer
Soulblazer
Super Castlevania IV
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time
Terranigma
Zombies Ate My Neighbor's

And many more SNES ports for the GBA. ;) :cool:

I think we've seen the last original Castlevania title for the GBA. I believe there is a new Castlevania announced for the DS sometime in '06.

Let's hope for ports of CV 2 and 3 for the GBA, if nothing else.

Shawn Carr2o

6200|!!|Drillslug Driver
dark penguin said:
I think we've seen the last original Castlevania title for the GBA. I believe there is a new Castlevania announced for the DS sometime in '06.

Let's hope for ports of CV 2 and 3 for the GBA, if nothing else.

Castlevania, Castlevania 2 and Castlevania 3 need remakes for the GBA at least. Castlevania 2 needs to be a lot longer with even more area's and more bosses that are a challenge just a little.

Wouldn't it be so awesome if Castlevania Adventure, Castlevaina 2: Belmont's Revenge and Castlevania Legends from the original GB were remade and are made a lot longer which would make the last remakes of the 3 NES games and of the 3 GB games for the GBA which would really rock!.

Also Castlevania 4, Dracula X: Rondo of Blood, Castlevania: Dracula X, Castlevania Bloodlines, Castlevania 64, Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness need to be on a handheld and remade. :) :cool:

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
The DS is the best handheld system out there. Also, since the DS allows GBA games to be played on it, that is just one more thing it has going for it.

The DS line up has been getting stronger and stronger. Next week for example, there are a lot of great DS games to pick from. At only a year into its life span, I am very impressed with what Nintendo has done with the DS.

DIY

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Id love to see Axelay ported.
GBA is one of the best systems for shooters :buttrock:

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Kirk Foiden said:
It's always easy to say about a system that's been out so much longer and has a large library of games. Heck, within the first year of the GBA launch, people could say the Gameboy Color and the Neo Geo Pocket had all the great games....

Did you not buy many games for GBA when it first came out, then? That thing has had an abundance of games ever since it was launched. Super Dodgeball, Castlevania: CotM, F Zero, Mario 2, Tony Hawk 2, Chu Chu Rocket, etc... The list goes on. All available on GBA's launch day... By far, the best launch line up I've ever experienced. I have never found myself in want of more games for GBA. I've always found myself saying, "Man, so many good games for this thing... How am I supposed to afford all these."

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Wouldn't the DS beat the GBA simply for the fact that it also plays GBA games?

ray_7

genjiglove said:
Wouldn't the DS beat the GBA simply for the fact that it also plays GBA games?

...it would but then it will never touch the Micro... size matters and the screen is bright as hell.

I'm now enjoying all my GBA games again on the Micro and so far I prefer playing them on Micro compared to the DS...

PlayerOne

Marked Wolf
ray_7 said:
...it would but then it will never touch the Micro... size matters and the screen is bright as hell.

I'm now enjoying all my GBA games again on the Micro and so far I prefer playing them on Micro compared to the DS...

I tend not to use the DS for GBA games, too. It just seems odd having a blank screen there. Micro or SP for me. They do tend to sound a lot better on the DS though.

I you can only afford one, then the DS is probably the best choice, but then you aren't relly going to be able to afford many games either, are you?

Heh, it just occurred to me, saying that, that I have spent less on PSP games than I did on the system; DS games, probably around the same amount; and GBA games, more than enough to pay for all 3 of my GBAs and the DS and have plenty of change.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Hard to argue with the topic title after I managed to pick up copies of Rebelstar: Tactical Assault and Gunstar Superheroes both in the past 2 weeks. Damn fine games, cheap, play better than anything on any thing else you can buy.

That little system ain't ever gonna die, I reckon.