GB: Taito Type X2 MOBO's, I/O's - TAKING PAYMENTS

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Rating - 100%
90   0   0
I knew this would happen. I've been there.

No, the X2 does not play X1 games.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taito_Type_X

But I guess the multi game hdd from the other thread plays X1 games on X2 hardware?

"The majority of software requires an Elsa Gladiac 979GS (a Japanese GeForce 7900GS) to run. NVIDIA-branded GeForce 7900GS video cards are known to work when reflashed with the firmware from the 979GS. The more popular titles (Street Fighter IV, BlazBlue, King of Fighters XIII) will only run with the 979GS (or a reflashed 7900GS) installed. They will not function with a different card, such as the ATI card that came in the earlier models or the 9800GT which came in other models."

Sounds like PC gaming...

Last edited:

Zangrief

Kula's Candy
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, i'll check on revisions and make sure they all have 979GS's or reflashed 7900GS's.

Thankya much for the prompt answers to our inquiries, and I'm sure I'll poop out another question or two soon enough. I'm wanting this deal bad.

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Hey mike, I'm down for a X2 board if you still got places to fill, I should be good on the rest.

childsremix

Overtop Pathfinder
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having reread the topic, is it just the motherboards having the boat option correct? I'm assuming since a few of us are electing for NAOMI I/O's those are sent via air?

KalessinDB

Mr. Big's Thug
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Having reread the topic, is it just the motherboards having the boat option correct? I'm assuming since a few of us are electing for NAOMI I/O's those are sent via air?

He usually does these group buys to save money on shipping, so I would assume everything is shipping the same way. But that's an assumption only

defor

Geese's Thug
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
any chance you have the part number or a photo of the taito jvs I/O? I'm trying to track down a specific one, but I don't think it was ever used on X/X2

thanks!

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
461   0   0
Whether we ship boat, SAL, or EMS, it will all be shipped together - particularly as some members have both an I/O and a mobo. I'll be requesting the invoice tonight and will update tomorrow w/shipping costs and we can decide which route is best.

Update on the video cards - they are the Elsa 979 GS's:

Dear Mike,

Thank you for your email.
I attached pictures of the graphic card for TYPE-X2 mother baord.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks and best regards

QDw1Wf2.jpg

iY5qX58.jpg

If you zoom in on the underside of the video card, the sticker on the far left is the model number we want - full game compatibility.

Please get any last requests in before this evening - thank you.

Zangrief

Kula's Candy
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the payment deadline? I want a unit and a capcom I/O, but my $$ to buy them is tied to the finalizing of an estate that my stupid fucking brother and sister are delaying.

mjmjr25

10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
461   0   0
What is the payment deadline? I want a unit and a capcom I/O, but my $$ to buy them is tied to the finalizing of an estate that my stupid fucking brother and sister are delaying.

Typically within 24 hours of receiving invoice. As this might run into the weekend, i'd say you'd be ok up until Monday to pay - you'd need to commit before the invoice was requested though, of course.

ArcadeLegends

War Room Troll
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I know you said an hour like 5 hours ago, but if there is any way I can get an X-2 mobo please add me on. I don't log in for a few days and I miss the boat (literally)!

mjmjr25

10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
461   0   0
I know you said an hour like 5 hours ago, but if there is any way I can get an X-2 mobo please add me on. I don't log in for a few days and I miss the boat (literally)!

Hi, sorry, the invoice has been requested. I am to receive shipping quote on May 7th (Japanese holiday the next 5 days). If someone backs out i'll let you know.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Darn, just realized I need the Capcom I/O.

They aren't horribly hard to find :)

Wish I could have gotten in on this buy, but I'm planning my vacations for the year and that's a little more important for the time being.

mjmjr25

10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
461   0   0
I can try to add it - but i'm sort of in limbo with the purchase in that I requested the invoice and they are boxing it / weighing it, coming back w/invoice total after the JP holiday. If it's fully packed / sealed; they aren't going to want to add it - if it's weighed, but not sealed, I possibly can.

If not, I can add it next time if you keep an eye out. I've been looking at doing an Aleck 64 buy possibly once this one wraps up.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Rating - 100%
309   0   0
I can try to add it - but i'm sort of in limbo with the purchase in that I requested the invoice and they are boxing it / weighing it, coming back w/invoice total after the JP holiday. If it's fully packed / sealed; they aren't going to want to add it - if it's weighed, but not sealed, I possibly can.

If not, I can add it next time if you keep an eye out. I've been looking at doing an Aleck 64 buy possibly once this one wraps up.

Isn't the Aleck 64 the hardware Star Soldier: Vanishing Earth runs on?

jugu

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
5   0   0

I understand if it's wrapped up and done. I'll keep an eye for a future group buy.

Thanks again.

mjmjr25

10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
461   0   0
Isn't the Aleck 64 the hardware Star Soldier: Vanishing Earth runs on?

Yeah, there's only like 10 games, 3 of them are JP language / unplayable / mahjong...but a few decent puzzlers and one game i'd really like to try out - Tower and Shaft.

mjmjr25

10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
461   0   0
No, no, really - have you seen my Tower and Shaft? It's real and it's specatular!

NSFW:
Spoiler:
tower&shaft2.png