Garou Mark the Wolves Vs Street fighter 3

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
well. there is only one Garou. but there are three SFIII's.

KGRAMR

Another Striker
Which of the two games is better for you, stage quality, graphic sound, taking into account that the Capcom board has a different processor. Regards
...Fuck, You really did make it hard for everybody huh? XD

Snark comment aside, i feel both Garou and 3rd Strike are truly the pinnacle of 2D fighting games :D

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
lol - Both are great in their own right and show each company at their absolute peak after almost a decade of perfecting the pixel-based 2D fighting game formula. It's like asking if vanilla ice cream is better than a a bag of Doritos for a tasty late night snack - they are both good and satisfy different pallets both in presentation and gameplay.

I like Garou more than SF3TS simply due to the gameplay mechanics, but understand why people love TS as well. But neither game is my favorite 2D fighter (KOF 98) and I'd gladly play FFS or SF2 Hyper Fighting over either of them. 🤷‍♂️

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
I've never really liked Garou. I respect it and totally get why everyone loves it. But I dunno, it just never did it for me. Maybe cuz I love the real bouts? I dunno.

I love all three SF3s though. TS is an absolute classic.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Not a fan of the SFIII fighting g engine. I did play it a lot and can understand why it was so popular but personally I'm gonna go with MOTW.

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
Garou is more fun of a fighting game, it's easy to pick up the whole cast are easy to get into. The just defend system and other mechanics are enjoyable. Third strike on the other hand is more refined and is harder to master. Outside of it's superior graphics the game itself is more strict on button inputs for combos and the parry system can create a huge gap between pro's and newbs. I personally feel like we can't compare the games. It's like comparing a local spot to a high end restaurant, its not the same quality of food. I took a break from video games during covid times due to life in general and I recently played both games and realized I forgot how to play em. Third Strike feels like a chore to me now but Garou was still fun. Back in the day i'd say third strike was better because I had the time and energy and arcades were still a thing. But now i'd rather play Garou. I don't have the patience to relearn and my old ass lost the necessary reflexes for parrying.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Back in the day this is what my arcade had and I played the ever living crap out of it. So it definitely has a soft spot for me.

Dat Hugo, maaaaaaaan! Stage, music, priority/moveset. Just an utter pleasure.

My go-to game, when I’m not playing Asura Buster…which is the greatest of all great 2-D fighters. ^____^

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Both are great games despite their radical departures from the pinnacles of their respective series at that time. SF3 New Generation was such a dramatic shift from Alpha and MotW was a completely different animal from Real Bout Special/2.

In my humble opinion, the real shame is that even though the Capcom teams got the chance to produce higher fidelity sprites on their CPS3 hardware, we never got to see classic SNK use their (at the time) analogous next-era hardware like the HNG64 to produce a beautiful 2D fighter. It was far too long until we finally got to see SNK produce their true next generation sprite-work with the likes of KOFXII/KOFXIII.

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
Dat Hugo, maaaaaaaan! Stage, music, priority/moveset. Just an utter pleasure.
I played Hugo too. He was still pretty good in 3S. But yeah 2I Hugo was a beast. He was so fun to play too. jab-jab-jab-jab-annnnnnd-hammer-mountain-whenever-you-feel-like-it....