Garou difficulty level

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
I am playing Garou for sometime arround and having difficult times to get past 3rd or 4rth fighter. I am playing on level 3 (normal) with Hokutomaru. Is the game difficult or I'm doing something wrong?

bradtemple87

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
Garou is a reasonable game when it comes to AI. It sounds like you need some practice!

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Practice is the best tactic in any fighting game. Garou isn't the hardest fighter out there and the controls are pretty forgiving.

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
With practice I become everyday better, but is this game's difficulty above average comparing to other fighting games?

Pope Sazae

With practice I become everyday better, but is this game's difficulty above average comparing to other fighting games?

It's harder than some bullshit game like Street Fighter 4 but in comparison to other SNK fighters like the first 3 Samurai Shodown games, early KoF, and the Art of Fighting games it's not bad at all. Just get your timing down for the Just Defend and don't hop around like you would in a King of Fighters.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
I recently started playing MOTW again and, when using Terry, I find myself having massive difficulties getting past Butt. The rest of the way is usually smooth sailing, but Khushnood can be nearly impossible. Typically, when he's not in the way, I get all the way to the boss round without spending any credits.

So yes, I would say that, under certain circumstances, MOTW can be more difficult than other fighters. Especially compared to the child's play that is getting to the boss rounds in a KOF.

Pope Sazae

Then those bosses in KoF are bad enough to scale up the whole game. '94 always kicked my butt from start till end, nothing like '98 and on where the regular game was a cake walk.

Last edited:

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
Yes KOF 98-00 while haven't played much, seem to be much easier especialy 2000. I found also difficult SS2 and SS4 but didn't practice there, I abandoned them for now. I found MOTW more attractive. Super Street fighter 4 is an easy game. I found medium difficulty on the Last Blade.

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Try AOF2, Ive heard it's a really forgiving game. Definitely the first fighter you should buy if you want to get into them.

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
Try AOF2, Ive heard it's a really forgiving game. Definitely the first fighter you should buy if you want to get into them.
I still don't think I've beaten that game without cheating.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Funny, I always found MotW to be one of the easier and more fair fighters on the Neo. Maybe it's because almost everyone has the same move set that you can just jump in and play competent with almost anyone. I've also put in way too much time with it, so ;) after a while you just learn how you can abuse the system. It's definitely no AoF2 or... gasp... Galaxy Fight. My God, I can barely win a single match in Galaxy Fight. Why does that game look so damn cool but hate me so very much?

Lord_Tibor

FLIPTASTIC PRICEJACKER!
good old arcade games are the best when they insanely kick your ass! ;)

most neo geo games do that, yea it's true that late kofs are pretty easy until the boss. aof2 is a sort of mental training: if you resist from crushing your system then you can really say you love these games! lol

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
I'm gonna chime in that with Garou as long as you know the enemy attack abilities you'll do fine. For Butt or Rock, don't jump into an attack for example as they will punish you easily.

Keep playing, have fun!

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
I'm gonna chime in that with Garou as long as you know the enemy attack abilities you'll do fine. For Butt or Rock, don't jump into an attack for example as they will punish you easily.

Keep playing, have fun!
Thanks for the advise. My ass gets kicked by Gato and Kim Jae Hoon wich come 3rd or 4th randomly....

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
aof2 is a sort of mental training: if you resist from crushing your system then you can really say you love these games! lol

Truest words of AoF 2 spoken.

Garou I've also found to be a pretty fair game if you can stay on top of it. BUT, I've found without fail that if Hokotomaru is my 3rd or 4th opponent, I'm history. Oddly, I encounter him earlier or later, he's no problem. I don't get that.

Last edited:

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
Truest words of AoF 2 spoken.

Garou I've also found to be a pretty fair game if you can stay on top of it. BUT, I've found without fail that if Hokotomaru is my 3rd or 4th opponent, I'm history. Oddly, I encounter him earlier or later, he's no problem. I don't get that.
Same problem with me with Gato and Kim Jae Hoon....If they put me in the corner I am history

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
I dont think MOTW is that hard on level 3.
I find AOF2 and savage reign tough.
Good you are getting better all the time.

Last edited:

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
On level 2 I can get to the fifth fighter. Good that level 2 is indeed a little easier than 3.

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
After doing Hokutomaru's Triple Shuriken it's impossible to do immediately Kuuha Dan move to those who jump over the shurikens. Is it lag or it is not meant to be done? Also I have noticed framerate issues when triple shuriken is done continously causing lag to the response of the stick.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Always against Grant I will just try to jump kick in the head and trip as if timed right and the cpu is in a good mood he doesnt block it often, just have to be wary of his specials.
That little shit hokutamoru is a pain though with his air moves.