Games that hooked you to the NGPC

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
so having such a great port on the go was amazing at the time.
It was no port... it was specifically made for the NGPC and (afaik) never released on another platform.

Spoiler:
01-awesome-job.gif

Last edited:

1up

Galford's Armourer
I had quite a few games, but have sold them all, i would say baseball stars and neo turf masters are really good games. I have put many hours into these games.
Didn't like the metal slug series though, poor ports.

Flavor

Saver,
Card Fighters Clash was it for me. IIRC, I bought the game when I saw it used at a shop even before I owned the actual console.

I also liked Biomotor Unitron and Faselei! quite a bit!

The pad was too clicky to play fighting games in class.

Hah Hah! This may be the first (understandable) negative review of the clicky stick I've ever seen.

EDIT: By the way, since there's a fair bit of Cardfighters' Clash love here, I maybe should plug the iOS/Android game that I just launched. Trouble With Robots (iOS: http://itunes.apple.com/app/trouble-with-robots/id849799076?mt=8) is a collectibe card game with real-time battles. Check it out. It's free to download!

Last edited:

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
It was no port... it was specifically made for the NGPC and (afaik) never released on another platform.

Spoiler:
01-awesome-job.gif

The levels are actually based on ones from the negative games, so it's basically a port with a few tweaks.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
The levels are actually based on ones from the negative games, so it's basically a port with a few tweaks.

The zones are the same but the actual level design is totally different. It's not a port at all, it's just an original game set in the same zones as Sonic 2.

It's like saying Sonic the Hedgehog on Genesis is the same game as Sonic the Hedgehog on SMS/GG.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
The zones are the same but the actual level design is totally different. It's not a port at all, it's just an original game set in the same zones as Sonic 2.

It's like saying Sonic the Hedgehog on Genesis is the same game as Sonic the Hedgehog on SMS/GG.

Sonic on the MD and Sonic on the SMS/GG are two completely different games. They're brand new levels, not the megadrive levels compressed. The NGPC version is like a best of compilation of levels. The level designs are the same, but tweaked for the handheld. With some from Sonic 1 as well and music from Sonic 3.

While 'port' is maybe not the right term, nothing in it is brand new or original.

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
I bought a NGPC for Match of the Millennium. Who knew it'd end up being better than SVC Chaos...

ulyses31

Crazed MVS Addict
I never played any NGPC games before but I bought one with Neo Turf Masters and I have to admit I'm enjoying it a lot!

Next one to be bought and played will be Metal Slug 1 or 2 :buttrock:

JLZ

Rugal's Thug
When I first got my NGPC, I spent most of my time on Samurai Shodown 2. I never really got on with the MVS SS games, but sunk a lot of time into the NGPC one. I think the music is really excellent.

Now I really only power it up from time to time for MOTM and Last Blade.

Turbogfx

Crazed MVS Addict
For me this game would have to be Neo Turf Masters.
It's just great fun, best NGPC game that I own.

I also feel that the putting difficulty is more forgiving, and you don't hit the trees as easily as in the home console version of the game.
Just a great game to hang back an relax in the couch.

I could say the same thing about Baseball Stars Pocket Color.

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Card Fighters Clash is my most-played game by far, although Sonic and the Metal Slugs get plenty of playtime as well.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Definitely Faselei!

Great, fun and challenging game. The story was excellent too.

Sonic Pocket Adventure for me. At the time I was trying to complete a Sonic collection and bought a NGPC Sonic combo pack of amazon for cheap. Loved the game then started scooping up other games.