Games only for the AES?

Teela

Quiz Detective
This is my first post to this wonderful forum so try not to be too hard on me...

I was curious what games were only made for the AES and were never released for the MVS?

I have an AES and a Consolized MVS and I was just trying to determine if I should sell my AES because I can get all the games I want on the MVS.

THANKS!

DXMachina

Ninja Combat Warrior
I'm almost postive that both the AES and MVS have the exact same games.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Every title was produced for MVS with the exception of a few NGCD exclusives which happen to be Crossed Swords II,Brikinger,Final Romance,SPECIAL and this weird puzzle game I forget the name of......... Oh,Zintrick

Isn't it against the law to sell your AES though?

OOPS, forgot to add that games that were not created for NGH are Money Idol Exchanger,Zed Blade,Puzzle Bobble,Puzzle Bobble 2, Neo Mr.Do!,Super Dodge Ball,Neo Geo Strikers 1945 , Prehistoric Isle 2, Ganryu, Gururin and Shock Troopers just to name a few...
Here are a few more that never made it to NGH...BANG BEAD,POP'N BOUNCE and Neo Driftout

Welcome to the forums.
-BB

Last edited:

Teela

Quiz Detective
Thank you guys for all the answers!

I feel like I spent way too much money on my AES and the games, but I hate to hold on to it if there is nothing unique on it that I can't get out of my consolized MVS.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Teela said:
Thank you guys for all the answers!

I feel like I spent way too much money on my AES and the games, but I hate to hold on to it if there is nothing unique on it that I can't get out of my consolized MVS.

You get cute Game Manuals and pretty stickers on your cart.

Teela

Quiz Detective
NeoCverA said:
You get cute Game Manuals and pretty stickers on your cart.

I can do without the game manuals and pretty stickers....

I keep on praying that someone will come on here and say - on the AES you get this special gameplay feature not found anywhere else - or the AES is the only way to play this rare jewel of a game.

I feel the AES has used me like a cheap whore would. It took my money and then left the hotel room and sent its pimp in after me for even more money.

aria

Former Moderator
Teela said:

I keep on praying that someone will come on here and say - on the AES you get this special gameplay feature not found anywhere else - or the AES is the only way to play this rare jewel of a game.

I feel the AES has used me like a cheap whore would. It took my money and then left the hotel room and sent its pimp in after me for even more money.

LOL, in just four posts I think you may fit in here.

I think the most efficient system for gamers is the MVS. With the right mod chip you can get all the option you'd sometimes only get on AES.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Teela said:

Curious, are you aware of the unibios?

Can can have almost everything (aside from the CD exclusive games) and more with MVS.

http://unibios.free.fr/

Edit: I'll be the second to welcome you to the forums. :)

Teela

Quiz Detective
Bobak said:
LOL, in just four posts I think you may fit in here.

I think the most efficient system for gamers is the MVS. With the right mod chip you can get all the option you'd sometimes only get on AES.

I have the UniBios installed on it - is this the best option out there? For as much as I know - it does everything I want it to do.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I like both.
I believe AES today is all about prestige,authenticity,simplicity and aesthetics.
Collecter,collecter/casual gamer wants AES.
Gamer/casual collecter wants MVS
The uni-bios 2.0 pretty much takes care of leveling the playing field where special features would be concerned.
-BB

Teela said:

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Teela said:

I was being sarcastic (incase you didnt notice) but as you have seen, more games are available for the MVS than any of the other 2 hardware units.

Teela

Quiz Detective
Yeah, I hear what you all be saying...

I used to be a collector, but I feel I can't afford to be anymore. Once you get married and start looking around to buy a house and maybe have a family some day it's hard to justify the AES if everything is readily available and more affordable for the MVS.

I already have too much stuff that I have collected and I don't even have enough room to display and keep all of that stuff. Video Games, Toys, DVD's and Laser Discs.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
The best gaming i've had is via a cab. Sell them both and get a cab.
-BB

taitai

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
Teela said:

There IS that one Mahjohng game that had that uber-mahjohng controller.

but...

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic
Bah, AES is for idiots plain and simple. Prestige indeed, its not like you can charge people to come and view your "museum" or anything. 99% of anyone you will meet won't even care about Neo-Geo. It's only kept alive by people such as ourselves. Average Joe would take a PS2 over a Neo everyday of the week.
Its way more fun to print out MVS shock box inserts and collect art sets and can be more of a challenge than trying to find an AES cart.
The AES was only made as an sideline to the MVS to grab SNK more cash and now the games are 3 times as much. AES is inferior to MVS. I just cannot see the logic in spending that much cash just to get an insert and manual. Since I swapped from AES to MVS I have never, ever looked back and I was a long-time AES owner.
Sell that AES I say, MVS all the way.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
taitai said:
There IS that one Mahjohng game that had that uber-mahjohng controller.

but...

The mahjong controller works on the MVS as well, and there is no AES only jong game... there is a CD only jong game, however.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
DXMachina said:

Definately not, as people have been saying, the MVS has many games not to be found in AES (not counting unofficial conversions), while every AES game is in MVS format. There are some NGCD games that are not in either AES nor MVS format though, and many AES/MVS games not in NGCD, but this is normal as the NGCD is quite a different hardware while AES and MVS are basically the same.

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
J0e Musashi said:
Bah, AES is for idiots plain and simple. Prestige indeed, its not like you can charge people to come and view your "museum" or anything. 99% of anyone you will meet won't even care about Neo-Geo. It's only kept alive by people such as ourselves. Average Joe would take a PS2 over a Neo everyday of the week.
Its way more fun to print out MVS shock box inserts and collect art sets and can be more of a challenge than trying to find an AES cart.
The AES was only made as an sideline to the MVS to grab SNK more cash and now the games are 3 times as much. AES is inferior to MVS. I just cannot see the logic in spending that much cash just to get an insert and manual. Since I swapped from AES to MVS I have never, ever looked back and I was a long-time AES owner.
Sell that AES I say, MVS all the way.

I agree with you, but for that we can only thank Debug and UniBIOS's.

AES has many crucial features not available when playing MVS normally, like Training, Level select, and Survival.

But yeah, having your BIOS swapped makes MVS pretty ultimate, when combining the features of the AES with the games and price of MVS.

I have an AES and a cab, and buy most games for MVS. But I like to have some of the best games on AES, as it's a prettier format & has a manual. Plus I can play them on the couch on a bigger screen.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
finngamer said:
I agree with you, but for that we can only thank Debug and UniBIOS's.

AES has many crucial features not available when playing MVS normally, like Training, Level select, and Survival.

But yeah, having your BIOS swapped makes MVS pretty ultimate, when combining the features of the AES with the games and price of MVS.

I have an AES and a cab, and buy most games for MVS. But I like to have some of the best games on AES, as it's a prettier format & has a manual. Plus I can play them on the couch on a bigger screen.

Even if the unibios/debug didn't exist, the MVS original bios has some advantages (and of course disadvantages) against the original AES bios. Basically unlimited credits and more freedom of settings in the softdip (specially removing censorship) not present in the AES bios (some can be overcome with a Japanese bios, but then you have to get an imported AES). But yeah, for home use the extra AES options are really handy in some games (not all though).

Anyway instaling unibios you can combine the best of both worlds in either AES or MVS, but take care that it is much easier to install (and was available longer) in the MVS.

And about playing AES in the couch, you can do so with MVS as well just by playing it in a supergun or consolized board instead of a cab.

C.A.R25

Genjuro's Frog
DXMachina said:

Money Idol Exchanger is only on MVS... and for games both on AES and MVS, the cost of the AES cames are significantly more (MOTW, MS seres etc).

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
J0e Musashi said:
Bah, AES is for idiots plain and simple.

That's a pretty uninformed blanket statement.

J0e Musashi said:
Prestige indeed, its not like you can charge people to come and view your "museum" or anything.

You're operating under the assumption that all home system owners bought a homecart collection merely to show off, which is obviously untrue.

J0e Musashi said:

For you maybe, but for me it's a huge pain in the ass. I'd much rather just go to the [online] store, and in one fell swoop get the game, box, and insert all at the same time. Plus homecarts have manuals, which the MVS carts lack. Sure it costs more money, but I knew that this hobby was an expensive one when I got into it.

J0e Musashi said:
The AES was only made as an sideline to the MVS to grab SNK more cash and now the games are 3 times as much.

True, but the MVS was never meant for home use anyway. Video games are a kind of Pop Art, and by buying the homecart you get the whole Video Game / Pop Art experience as it was meant to be experienced, with the game, insert, and manual all in one funky little (or in the case of the Neo, 'big') package.

It's the same experience that the Shock Box inserts give, except I'm willing to pay more to get the official version.

J0e Musashi said:
AES is inferior to MVS.

No, not if you live in a small apartment. A regular home system is big enough. I've got no room for a super-gun + MVS boards. I suppose I could get a consolized MVS set-up, but why bother when I've already got the home console.

Also, my Neo-Geo is unmodded. No stereo-outs, no S-video, I don't even have a memory card. It works fine for me and I have lots of fun with it the way it is. And with an unmodded home system you have to work harder to get good at the games- you've only got 4 credits, so you have to learn to beat the game without relying on unlimited continues.

J0e Musashi said:
I just cannot see the logic in spending that much cash just to get an insert and manual.

Well, let me take that logic one step futher for you then- now that the MVS is out of production playing ROM's isn't going to hurt the company. I can't see the logic in paying for an MVS set-up when you can download and play the games for free via emulation.

J0e Musashi said:
Since I swapped from AES to MVS I have never, ever looked back and I was a long-time AES owner.

Good for you if you're happy.

I'm not trying to knock MVS owners with this post- it doesn't matter which version you play as neither is 'better' than the other.

Teela

Quiz Detective
tsukaesugi said:
Well, let me take that logic one step futher for you then- now that the MVS is out of production playing ROM's isn't going to hurt the company. I can't see the logic in paying for an MVS set-up when you can download and play the games for free via emulation.

I agreed with everything you said but this.

Someone who loves the MVS is just like someone who loves the AES. They normally want the real deal and not ROM's.

It would be like - I can go into the bathroom and do my own thing
or I can ask the girl next door to come over and get some bedtime in.

I only get the REAL thing from one of those two options at the end of the night.

ROM's are like playing with yourself.
MVS & AES is like the girl next door coming over.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Teela said:
ROM's are like playing with yourself.
MVS & AES is like the girl next door coming over.

And the NeoCD is like the girl next door coming over 30 minutes later.