Gameboy Micro to cost $100

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
How reliable is that article? Seems odd that they would announce the price for the Micro in Popular Science or whatever it was.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
If the iPod Shuffle sells over 1 million in its first year, then this thing will go like fucking HOT CAKES.

I dont really want one until they get as cheap as the original GBA's are now, my DS is handling the GBA until then.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Fuck the Gameboy Micro, and fuck Nintendo. Biggest waste of money ever.

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
Whatever. It's not like you have to buy a Micro to play anything. It's meant to be cool, nothing more. It's called making $$$.

Sony does the same thing. The PSP is all about looking pretty. Yeah, the screen is nice and it can play movies. But it sucks in terms of gaming. So little quality gaming on PSP right now is laughable. And with Sony you have to buy a "Value Pack" with a movie and crap you don't want. That's sticking it to the consumer right there.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
I figured it would cost around a hundred. I am planning on picking up a couple when it is released.

I don't see what the big fuss is about. The Micro is for people with extra money who want a cooler version of what they already have.

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
Should be a cool little edition to the family.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Average Joe said:
And chimp is still spewing his insipid anti-Nintendo spam.

No big surprise there. :eek_2:

And Average Joe is still getting his panties in a bunch whenever anyone says anything negative about Nintendo. No big surprise there. :kekeke:

I posted two pieces of information (one absolute fact, one possible fact) about the GB Micro, thats all. And as usual, you feel the need to jump in and attack, because your favorite company looks bad.

Here's a suggestion: stick to discussing the matter at hand, i.e. the (supposed) fact that the Micro will cost $100, and will only play GBA games, and drop the whiney attitude. Then maybe you'll have something positive to contribute to this thread? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
D-Lite said:
Sony does the same thing.

And no one likes it, but it's okay when Nintendo does it. This is the 3rd rendition of the GBA. But oh well it looks cool. I could understand if it wasn't so much, but it is. :rolleyes:

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
It's supposed to have the best LCD yet in any Nintendo handheld, but the reduction in size of the screen doesn't turn me on. I'll stick to playing GBA games on my nice, bright DS.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
D-Lite said:
Whatever. It's not like you have to buy a Micro to play anything. It's meant to be cool, nothing more. It's called making $$$.

Sony does the same thing. The PSP is all about looking pretty. Yeah, the screen is nice and it can play movies. But it sucks in terms of gaming. So little quality gaming on PSP right now is laughable.

This isn't about making a pretty system or whatever. It's a known fact that Nintendo likes to re-release, port and re-design the same products, be it games or systems, again and again and again. Even if fanbois don't like to admit it, Nintendo is as *greedy* as Micro$oft or $ony - they're all about "making $$$".

D-Lite said:
And with Sony you have to buy a "Value Pack" with a movie and crap you don't want. That's sticking it to the consumer right there.

Whatever. It's not like you have to buy a Value Pack to play anything. It's meant to be cool, nothing more. It's called making $$$.

:rolleyes:

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
Mushiki said:
This isn't about making a pretty system or whatever. It's a known fact that Nintendo likes to re-release, port and re-design the same products, be it games or systems, again and again and again. Even if fanbois don't like to admit it, Nintendo is as *greedy* as Micro$oft or $ony - they're all about "making $$$".
How many versions of the PS2 are there? How many colors? I guess that Sony sells red PS2's for people with black color blindness.

I'm not saying Nintendo isn't looking to make money. I'm saying that people that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
Mushiki said:
Whatever. It's not like you have to buy a Value Pack to play anything. It's meant to be cool, nothing more. It's called making $$$.

:rolleyes:
Um, as it turns out, you do have to buy a Value Pack. Last I checked, you're FORCED to buy the Value Pack since that's all there is homeboy.

Dude, you should pull you head out of your ass. Try to realize that it is possible to be critical of both systems at the same time.

"Macho Man" Butta Supremo

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
D-Lite said:

icon_whee.gif

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
D-Lite said:
How many versions of the PS2 are there? How many colors? I guess that Sony sells red PS2's for people with black color blindness.

How many colors/limited editions of the GameCube are there? I believe Nintendo is the only of the 3 companies selling their wide variety of different colored systems all over the world.

Still, it's not about colors. It's the whole GB/GB Pocket/GB Color thing again. Now we have the GBA/GBASP and the GB Micro.

I don't understand how Nintendo approves this stuff, I mean, the SP was good enough already. People who wanted something new bought the DS.

GB Micro = marketing buffer until Nintendo decides when to release the next Zelda, or give some worthy information on the Revolution™, or until the "GBA successor" gets announced.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
anything above 100 would be way too much.
50 would be suitable.
but this is coming from someone who has basically bought
about every rendition of the gb.
and guys.
stop harping on each other about color consoles.
the companies should make different color consoles.
it's nonsensical to me that they don't do that in the first place.

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
i would buy one, if it was made of the same material as my ibook and would look 'ipod-ish'.

colo(u)rs ...
i'd never buy a silver system, so i guess many colors to chose from are a good thing. doesn't mean you have to get all of them.

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
supergoose79 said:
i would buy one, if it was made of the same material as my ibook and would look 'ipod-ish'.

colo(u)rs ...
i'd never buy a silver system, so i guess many colors to chose from are a good thing. doesn't mean you have to get all of them.
Just out of curiosity why wouldn't you buy a silver system?

Mawdsley

Belnar Institute Student
The funny thing is, 100$ is still cheap, if it gets converted directly to uk pounds (just over £50). You better believe that the UK is gonna have to pay about £80 for these upon release. Its the one thing I really hate about this country.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
thanx for the info. Whether it's the final price on the system or not. I relly don't care all i needed was an estimate on the system's price. I think it'll go as low as 80 bucks. But I think it's just gonna stay at 100 for a while.

Nonetheless im looking forward to buying this since I don't have a GBA, i plan to buy this one and a lowered priced GBA SP.

There really aren't that many GB or GBC games I want to play for now.