Fuck Yeah Vita!

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Good to hear. Ys VIII was fun on the switch, I'll pick both of those up for trophy support and portability. Thanks for the suggestions!

It's a helluva' platform...so many unassuming games that end up being great. Lost Dimension was great and very unique for that genre - highly recommended. If you can swing it I highly recommend the Super Robot Wars games X and V. Incredible presentation. The RPG list is staggering...Hot Shots Golf is actually a must-have and Wipeout...Resistance is a worthy FPS for the system...seriously, I'm a few beers in and could just type about Vita all night.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Monster Monpiece is one of the simpler card-collector games but it plays great and is quite fun. Vita also has a fantastic version of Frozen Synapse.

Jarofmayo

Morden's Lackey
Muramasa is a pretty great action game for the vita. The 4 DLC stories are worth grabbing as well.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
I'm about an hour or so into Punch Line, and while I know it's over the top "fan service" is a turn off for some... The production value and the whole motif of a season of an anime is really really good!

It's kind of a 60/40 in terms of 40% game, but if you dig anime and just enjoying a series...I dunno, I think this game is great so far. Also, the story's finer details in terms of paranormal and the occult are surprisingly sophisticated.

Last edited:

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
So there's a lot of messages on this thread. About to pick up a Vita on CL since I only have a PSTV. What are the absolute best games for this system? There's a lot of indie stuff and DL only stuff on the lists when I Google it.

You should just white list your pstv instead its cheaper and then you can play 99.99% of all vita games on a reasonably sized tv from your couch.

NGH-045

n00b
You should just white list your pstv instead its cheaper and then you can play 99.99% of all vita games on a reasonably sized tv from your couch.
Some games that got released for the PS3/PS4 and the Vita will not work in the PSTV. Publishers wanted to sell the games not only on one console and avoid people just buying the cheaper option. Be sure check if your favorite games can run on the PSTV or only on the VITA.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Some games that got released for the PS3/PS4 and the Vita will not work in the PSTV. Publishers wanted to sell the games not only on one console and avoid people just buying the cheaper option. Be sure check if your favorite games can run on the PSTV or only on the VITA.

If you whitelist your vita (hack), many of the games you're talking about become playable. Hence the 99.99% figure thrown out there.

NGH-045

n00b
If you whitelist your vita (hack), many of the games you're talking about become playable. Hence the 99.99% figure thrown out there.

Ah ok. Thanks for the heads up. I didn't know that "whitelist" is the name for the hack. I guess I am getting too old. :lolz:

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Ah ok. Thanks for the heads up. I didn't know that "whitelist" is the name for the hack. I guess I am getting too old. :lolz:

The best part is once its white listed once i've never noticed even after official updates ever needing to do it again. Seems like the list hsnt been updated in any update in ages. Its not really a hack. You copy everything to a pc as a backup then copy it back to the system with the new white list. Literally takes no skill or effort just a little time.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Ys Origin (multi-language) is $13 on Play-Asia right now, FYI

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
After being curious about it for quite a while, I finally freed up some space on my memory card and bought Nightcry. It's fascinating. It runs far worse than anything I've seen on pretty much any system that I can think of, it's slow as hell, the interface is completely annoying, but it's oddly compelling, sort of?

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
After being curious about it for quite a while, I finally freed up some space on my memory card and bought Nightcry. It's fascinating. It runs far worse than anything I've seen on pretty much any system that I can think of, it's slow as hell, the interface is completely annoying, but it's oddly compelling, sort of?

That is the oddest review, J.

NexusX

Astra Superstar
I just remembered. Limited Run Games is doing a Vita copy of Metal Slug 3 in July. That is what I heard at least. I need to confirm this.

Last edited:

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member

I've heard nothing but HORRRRIIIBBLLLEEE things about that one. I watched a couple quick videos on youtube and it looks as terrible as everyone says...but good for you?

I bought Furwind from some guy on ebay - not sure it will ever make it here. He claims to be ordering it from Play-Asia and then shipping to me...but it's been out of stock on P.A. for ages. //shrug

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
I bought Furwind from some guy on ebay - not sure it will ever make it here. He claims to be ordering it from Play-Asia and then shipping to me...but it's been out of stock on P.A. for ages. //shrug

I finally got my copy in the mail from Play-Asia this past weekend. I haven’t had a chance to check it out yet tho. I was surprised how fast it sold out.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
I finally got my copy in the mail from Play-Asia this past weekend. I haven’t had a chance to check it out yet tho. I was surprised how fast it sold out.

Yeah, is it even in the digital store at all? I don't recall ever seeing it???

Mine supposedly shipped today, had to buy off a scalper but wasn't bad. I also got a good deal on the KOF '97 LE in the AES cart case I missed out on. I'm very anxious to play Furwind.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
https://sea.play-asia.com/super-robot-wars-v-english-subs/13/70a98h

Amazing game and that price is awesome - $29.90 as of writing this in July 4

Edit - looked like that was a one day sale, still a good price though for that game.

I just ordered Genkai Tokki Seven Pirates. Anyone else play that one? I tried it out on my hacked PSTV and the language barrier seems to be no big deal as the game graphically holds your hand with waypoints on the map and icons in the settings menus. So, if anyone was afraid to grab that one because of moon runes...don't be, it's super cheap on ebay as well

Last edited:

NexusX

Astra Superstar
Apparently the reported July sale date for Metal Slug 3 on Vita by Limited Run Games has come and gon and nothing has been said about it. Not even on their site.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Apparently the reported July sale date for Metal Slug 3 on Vita by Limited Run Games has come and gon and nothing has been said about it. Not even on their site.

meh, I've bought that game ENOUGH TIMES over the last 20+ years