Fuck Yeah Vita!

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I dl'd the season 4 pass of pinball arcade and it looks like you have to wait till the season is over to DL the individual tables, amirite?

Tales of Hearts R is very dull and repetitive.

I thought the same of Tales.

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
Cdamm, The gamestop deal was just the system though wasn't it? This is the bundle pack with a DS3, and 8gb card, and two games.

Last edited:

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Cdamm, The gamestop deal was just the system though wasn't it? This is the bundle pack with a DS3, and 8gb card, and two games.

correct. system only.

i have a few ps3 and ps4 controllers here. at the end of the day i spent $80 total. 16 gig card $30 (amazon 50% off price match) the system $40 (gamestop price match) and blazblue ex $10 (on sale at my best buy).

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
Last edited:

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
Thanks for posting about that Htol#Niq and Corpse Party physical pre-orders. I hate missing out on physical copies of games I really want.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Is the HTOL#Niq game any good? I watched some videos a few months back and was on the fence about purchasing. A lot of people seemed frustrated with it, but most people suck and can't play games.

jt4mtb

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
Is the HTOL#Niq game any good? I watched some videos a few months back and was on the fence about purchasing. A lot of people seemed frustrated with it, but most people suck and can't play games.

It's mediocre. I liked it's art style, and some of the puzzles are alright. However, there are a number of sections in the game where the controls can't quite reliably match what's expected of you that can cause some frustration. You never control the girl directly; you 'guide' her with the green firefly which is awkward until you get used to it.

The default touchscreen controls work for the first few areas, but after that the game starts expecting quicker, precise movement that's tricky for the touchscreen. Changing to analog stick controls makes it a lot more feasible/bearable, but it's still not perfect as the fireflies' movement is wonky w/ analog sticks. Briefly tapping the stick doesn't always consistently move the same distance, which is infuriating during a couple parts where you navigate through a electrified maze that's only twice as wide as the firefly. Also, the 4th boss is a total crapshoot that largely comes down to luck (or clever usage of an external camera) to beat.

The majority of the game is actually kind of easy with analog controls; it's just that the few parts that are extremely frustrating really stick out and soured my experience with the game.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
It's mediocre. I liked it's art style, and some of the puzzles are alright. However, there are a number of sections in the game where the controls can't quite reliably match what's expected of you that can cause some frustration. You never control the girl directly; you 'guide' her with the green firefly which is awkward until you get used to it.

The default touchscreen controls work for the first few areas, but after that the game starts expecting quicker, precise movement that's tricky for the touchscreen. Changing to analog stick controls makes it a lot more feasible/bearable, but it's still not perfect as the fireflies' movement is wonky w/ analog sticks. Briefly tapping the stick doesn't always consistently move the same distance, which is infuriating during a couple parts where you navigate through a electrified maze that's only twice as wide as the firefly. Also, the 4th boss is a total crapshoot that largely comes down to luck (or clever usage of an external camera) to beat.

The majority of the game is actually kind of easy with analog controls; it's just that the few parts that are extremely frustrating really stick out and soured my experience with the game.

Maybe I will wait to see if it actually drops. I do like a unique game, but not if it is meaninglessly frustrating due to controls. Thanks for the info.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
My copy of HTOL#Niq arrived last night, and I played it for a bit.
Gonna second the whole analog controls vs touch screen bit.

Unless you have a capacitive stylus, go for the analog stick control.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Operation abyss arrived today, but since the release date got pushed I started 2 other games, so it's gonna be awhile before I can get to it. Really stoked about it though as I loved the shit out of demon gaze.

Side note: anyone else playing SOA lost song? Really digging it.

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
Operation abyss arrived today, but since the release date got pushed I started 2 other games, so it's gonna be awhile before I can get to it. Really stoked about it though as I loved the shit out of demon gaze.

Side note: anyone else playing SOA lost song? Really digging it.

Jelly..mine is in the mail somewhere.

Waiting on the official NA physical release of Lost Song.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Jelly..mine is in the mail somewhere.

Waiting on the official NA physical release of Lost Song.

The English subbed world version is solid. Feels like it could've been a U.S. release.

edit: meant to write "subbed" not dubbed...I drink

Last edited:

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
The English dubbed world version is solid. Feels like it could've been a U.S. release.

Yeah I hear it is much better than Hollow Fragment. I'd pick up the asian release, but then I'd also feel obligated to buy the US release for my "collection"...which is silly.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I'm totally out of the loop on PS3 and vita JRPGs. Isn't it mostly NIS releases and Tales games?

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
For those interested in English physical releases, the Asian version of Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess is up for preorder on Play-Asia. This one is only getting a digital release in North America & Europe.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
For those interested in English physical releases, the Asian version of Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess is up for preorder on Play-Asia. This one is only getting a digital release in North America & Europe.

i saw that...and ordered it. hahah I have no idea if I will like it. Never played the last one.

xelement5x

Galford's Armourer
Another Asian physical only version that seems to be in high demand is the Oreshika 2 game for Vita. It is digital only in the US/EU.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Another Asian physical only version that seems to be in high demand is the Oreshika 2 game for Vita. It is digital only in the US/EU.

I was half tempted to order that when it was announced but I had already bought the digital version so I hesitated. Wishing I had now. It's nowhere to be found. The game takes a long time to sink its teeth in too. Seemingly so bland.

I love all the JRPGS for the vita, but let's be honest, there's only so many hours in a lifetime...especially for an old man like myself.

Side note: just ordered "New Little King's Story"...no idea if it's any good either.

Last edited:

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I was half tempted to order that when it was announced but I had already bought the digital version so I hesitated. Wishing I had now. It's nowhere to be found. The game takes a long time to sink its teeth in too. Seemingly so bland.

I love all the JRPGS for the vita, but let's be honest, there's only so many hours in a lifetime...especially for an old man like myself.

Side note: just ordered "New Little King's Story"...no idea if it's any good either.

I bet New Little King's Story is good. It's on my eBay watch list and will be picked up pretty soon. The Wii game was great, and the Vita version is exactly the same as the Wii version from my understanding, with the exception it is a completely different story.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
I have New Little King's Story. It's a good game, but the framerate can get kinda bad when there's a lot of stuff on screen. I do believe it's almost exactly the same as the original on Wii, but the character designs are completely different and I think the Vita one is a sort of pseudo-sequel story-wise.

i saw that...and ordered it. hahah I have no idea if I will like it. Never played the last one.

Deception IV is fun. I think you'll enjoy the sequel more since it'll be a completely fresh experience for you.

Last edited: