Fuck Yeah Vita!

jt4mtb

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
Danganronpa 1 and 2 are on sale right now for 14 and 16 respectively with ps plus

I grabbed them because i keep hearing good things about them. Im sure its been discussed but whats the general impressions here?

I enjoyed both of them quite a bit. The whole 'killing game' premise is interesting, with some neat twists that kept me guessing during class trials. The cast can be a bit wacky, but memorable. My only criticism is that the minigames that pop up during trials are hit or miss; some aren't too bad, some just flat out suck.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
The problem to me is every interesting game has a PS3 counterpart, and I'd rather have it. I recently bought a Vita TV but haven't messed with it much. I did pick up Freedom Wars and the Hyperdimension strategy RPG but I'm having trouble finding more exclusives that are tv compatible and look interesting. I've been tempted to pre order DOA X3 based on the hype, but I've never played any of the others.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I'm bummed out about the games I'd wanna get, apparently they all run like shit, too bad, the system could have been great for me but I'm gonna skip on this one...maybe one day when the shit is dirt cheap.

xelement5x

Galford's Armourer
took a shelf pic

03BEE921-983E-4628-BC9E-86021B258921_zpsbmdrejs5.gif

I think I caught a glimpse of Criminal Girls at the end!

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
EG, you should get a PSTV sooner rather than later, because it will be harder to get the right firmware for "homebrew".

Try to get one on Firmware 3.51 or less. That's the magic firmware.

jt4mtb

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
So has anyone else been playing Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel? I just finished my first playthrough, and how it ends really made me want Cold Steel 2 to be out NOW. Thankfully, it is being localized, and it won't be several years between releases like Trails in the Sky.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
So has anyone else been playing Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel? I just finished my first playthrough, and how it ends really made me want Cold Steel 2 to be out NOW. Thankfully, it is being localized, and it won't be several years between releases like Trails in the Sky.

Playing now. About 6 hrs in. Love it. How long did it take you?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
EG, you should get a PSTV sooner rather than later, because it will be harder to get the right firmware for "homebrew".

Try to get one on Firmware 3.51 or less. That's the magic firmware.
I know nothing about those, what's the deal with them?

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I know nothing about those, what's the deal with them?

Its a half assed product that Sony came out with and never supported. Its a set top box that plays some Vita games on your TV. At $30 it OK at best. With your hatred for RPGs, your not gonna dig this either system.

jt4mtb

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
Playing now. About 6 hrs in. Love it. How long did it take you?

I think I logged somewhere around 110 hours when I finished. I found myself spending a lot of time talking with damn near every NPC repeatedly to see the changes in dialog throughout the day. I loved seeing how all the NPCs at the academy developed as the game progressed.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
I think I logged somewhere around 110 hours when I finished. I found myself spending a lot of time talking with damn near every NPC repeatedly to see the changes in dialog throughout the day. I loved seeing how all the NPCs at the academy developed as the game progressed.

I don't think I've ever dumped that many hours into a single game. I'm hoping I can finish it in 40-60. It's great though. I got lost for awhile playing the card game on the train. I get antsy after 40 hrs in an RPG, mainly because I start thinking about my backlog. Haha

jt4mtb

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
I don't think I've ever dumped that many hours into a single game. I'm hoping I can finish it in 40-60. It's great though. I got lost for awhile playing the card game on the train. I get antsy after 40 hrs in an RPG, mainly because I start thinking about my backlog. Haha

Heh. Yea, I tend to spend a lot of time on RPGs when I really like them. I think my first play of Persona 4 was around the same amount of time. If you're not trying to do every quest/field study task or talk to everyone like I did, I think you can make it within the 60 hour mark.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member

I have the physical copy, but I'm working through LoH TitS SC right now. It's next one my queue.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
system update.
my first required update in awhile(wiiu had a bunch long ago)
I wonder if borderlands 2 will stop glitching and crashing?
only took like ten minutes I guess.

anyone else still? play that? they give free golden keys here
https://www.facebook.com/Borderlands2ShiftCodes
relatively often? this will be my second time doing it. wonder if it works again?
yup, it worked. prizes!

nope froze twice since then. what'd I do to deserve this?

Last edited:

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
system update.
my first required update in awhile(wiiu had a bunch long ago)
I wonder if borderlands 2 will stop glitching and crashing?
only took like ten minutes I guess.

anyone else still? play that? they give free golden keys here
https://www.facebook.com/Borderlands2ShiftCodes
relatively often? this will be my second time doing it. wonder if it works again?
yup, it worked. prizes!

nope froze twice since then. what'd I do to deserve this?

What do the golden keys do?

Wyeth

n00b
I picked up a Vita 3G over Christmas for a steal. I have to admit it has surprisingly become one of my favorite systems, but I wish it was still being fully supported by Sony. I just finished Persona 4 and will either pick up Criminal girls or Danganronpa next. Has anyone played through Danganronpa trigger happy havoc or Criminal girls?

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
I picked up a Vita 3G over Christmas for a steal. I have to admit it has surprisingly become one of my favorite systems, but I wish it was still being fully supported by Sony. I just finished Persona 4 and will either pick up Criminal girls or Danganronpa next. Has anyone played through Danganronpa trigger happy havoc or Criminal girls?

Ehh, I feel as though there are enough AAA sony titles for the system. Where it shines is the indie and 3rd party support. And it was obviously created as a device to transmit JRPGs into eyeballs.

Dangonronpa is in my queue - I played Ultra Despair girls and enjoyed it. I started Criminal Girls, but the censorship is sooo over-the-top that it annoyed me. Trails of Cold Steel is owning all my free time at the moment. I could stop buying games right now for the damn thing and still have enough in my backlog to last 5 years. This year is gonna' be throwing so many new games at the system it's not even funny.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
I started Steins;Gate recently thanks to a recent Amazon sale finally coming in. It's.... Okay so far I guess? I'm fairly new to visual novels, but does the gameplay get any deeper then pressing X a hundred times and "answering" emails on your phone? I heard it starts off slow but gets really good. I also dig all the Akiba otaku bullshit too. I'm currently in chapter two.

jt4mtb

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
I started Steins;Gate recently thanks to a recent Amazon sale finally coming in. It's.... Okay so far I guess? I'm fairly new to visual novels, but does the gameplay get any deeper then pressing X a hundred times and "answering" emails on your phone? I heard it starts off slow but gets really good. I also dig all the Akiba otaku bullshit too. I'm currently in chapter two.

No, the gameplay doesn't get much more involved that what you've seen. There are a couple places where you can pick a choice of what/where to go, which can lead to some alternate (sometimes amusing) dialogue. The main appeal of visual novels are their stories and characters. It does start off slow as it uses the first few chapters to establish the cast for the player. The plot picks up and gets REALLY good around chapter 4 and 5. It caught me off guard, and had me hooked until the very end.

FYI, starting around chapter 4 some of the emails do matter if you want the true ending. However, I suggest not worrying about that until after you see the other endings. It just makes it that much more satisfying to see for story-related reasons.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Very cool, thanks for the info. I'm strangely compelled to keep playing so I'll stick with it for awhile. Thankfully none of the characters are too annoying to me yet. :)

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Its a half assed product that Sony came out with and never supported. Its a set top box that plays some Vita games on your TV. At $30 it OK at best. With your hatred for RPGs, your not gonna dig this either system.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing also. EG hates RPGs too zealously to even consider giving this a chance...