Fuck this bullshit - time to develop stuff other than fighters and shooters

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Anything can happen. Most things won't.

I wholeheartedly acknowledge that.

In fact, without even realizing it I probably acknowledged it before the fact. I think the outline of my frustration is:

1.) I want SNK-P to fix their shit.
2.) SNK-P fails to do this.
3.) I get frustrated that these IPs I love dearly, probably more than their parent company or their platform of origin, are falling into hobby obscurity and irrelevance.
4.) I demand for someone to 'treat the IPs right.'

I know these are all pipe dreams, and realize that the worst case scenario is the likely outcome. I mean, I'm enough of a realist to acknowledge the cold, hard truth. I guess the fact that I'm moved to comment on these subjects just means I'm still hopelessly, myopically attached to the IPs.

SNK falls into the latter category. It's sad. The company is like my father, in the sense that at some point, he just stopped progressing with the times. You go to his house and it's filled with Men at Work and Tears for Fears records, and he still boils his water in the same JC Penny microwave of that era, too.

This mentality is precisely why I'm not afraid of new games, new products, or even different companies acquiring/licensing the IPs for video games.

I'm constantly reminded of the stagnation of people and things around me as they age.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
"It isn't like the old days."
"They don't make them like they used to."
"Video games and music were better twenty years ago."
"They should just stop making sequels."

I don't think I could ever get to a point in my life where I see any of these things as absolute truths.

Nonsequitor/tangentally related:

Yesterday, I ran over my cell phone. It fell off my belt when, half asleep, I got out of bed and moved my car so my wife could get out of the garage to drive to work. That phone was a Verizon Entice. Just a shitty little, old style flip phone. No internets. No touch screen display. No apps. No complications. It's simple and functional, but not very useful.

I said 'fuck it.' Got myself a Droid. This thing is a wonder machine, and it's not only a fun toy, but it actually has USEFUL shit in it.