Fuck kidney stones

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Woke up slightly early today due to intense pain. Kinda felt like I'd pulled a muscle in my back or groin as it went from the lower third of my right side back down to the groin and ending at my right nut. Figured that taking a muscle relaxer would help so tried that and attempted to go back to sleep.

That didn't seem to do much anything for the pain level so decided to try a hot shower as I was still thinking muscle pull. Seemed to feel slightly better after that but not enough.

Decided ok, maybe it's a pulled groin and looked up what to do with that and see icing it is helpful. That most certainly did not help. Just made it worse. Had to take a leak about the time I figured out that the ice was making things worse. Couple minutes later, HOLY FUCKIN HELL THE PAIN!

Like starting to pass the fuck out, cold sweats, kill me now pain. I've been crushed by heavy equipment, blown up a finger w/a sledgehammer impact, broken bones while snowmobiling, etc and so on. Felt like someone had a death grip on my nuts and was trying to pop em. :eek:

But this was as bad or worse than any of that shit.

As it wasn't seeming to get better I drove down to the urgent care clinic. Thankfully the pain level dropped back down to intense from the fucking kill me now level it had been at. Get to see the doc after about an hour or so and after telling him where the pain starts and ends and dropping my droors for him to check my junk (his actual words... lol) he says it sounds like kidney stones.

So they want a urine sample to check for blood. Give em that and get back to the exam room. Minute or so later the pain comes back like before, but even worse. I can't sit down. Can't stand up. Can't fucking walk. Start sweating and beginning to pass the fuck out again so lean over the exam table and find a position that's vaguely comfortable. after 10 minutes of wanting to die the damn pain finally backs off a bit.

Doc comes back a few minutes after that and says yup, I got kidney stones. And that the kill me now pain after taking a leak is the damn thing/things moving on their way out. Says they should be passed within a few days and gives me a tramadol scrip for the pain after I tell him that it works ok for me while most other stuff doesn't (FUCK YOU FDA FOR PULLING DARVON OUT OF PRODUCTION).

Go to the nearest Costco to get my tramadol filled and have to take a leak while I'm there. Sooo didn't want to deal with that pain again in public (and didn't have the strainer they gave me to grab the stones so they could analize them) so I try and wait. But nahh, had to go. I didn't feel anything pass, but no pain came with it.

And since takin a leak at Costco w/out straining it I've yet to see any large stones be passed. Nor has that kill me now pain returned. While he was diagnosing me he was moderately punching the kidney area asking about if it hurt. No idea if he broke em up any while doing that so that's why I've not felt the pain again. Or if they haven't moved again. Or if they have moved a little but the shot of painkiller he gave me along w/the tramadol is helping enough I'm not feeling it.

But fuck man, this shit sucks and I want it over with ASAP!

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Damn bro that sucks. Everyone is getting fucked today. I hope you feel better soon. Popping ball pain sounds about the worst thing i can imagine.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Damn bro that sucks. Everyone is getting fucked today. I hope you feel better soon. Popping ball pain sounds about the worst thing i can imagine.

Yeah, I hope it's fully over soon. Thanks for the concern and I hope you're all good very soon too.

And yeah, feeling like your nuts are getting crushed in a hydraulic press is fucking terrible. Starting to pass out and having severe difficulty breathing from the pain is not my idea of a good time. Especially when I couldn't find any position to be in to lessen the effect. Guess the pain radiating to your nuts isn't a common problem w/kidney stones. Seems I got lucky with that symptom. :(

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
i know a guy who had kidney stones in the recant months. he had to close his business early a few times just because of the pain and meds that he's on. he was in pain for weeks, hope it won't be as bad for you.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Yeah, weeks of this shit would be terrible. Not surprised at all that guy had to close his buisness early due to the pain of his kidney stones. Have read that some people's pain with the stones is worse pain than childbirth. Being a dude I've never popped out a kid, but can attest that it's fucking terrible.

Hopefully it's just a few days at most as the doc said is the norm. Though he did say that weeks of this shit is possible and if it does do that then surgery is probably needed. I didn't bother to ask him if age was a factor in the size of stones and the duration of such pain.

Also he says drink lots of fluids to you piss a lot and pass it faster. Yet pissing is the last thing I've wanted to do considering the aftermath of that has been kill me now pain levels.

Last edited:

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Damn bubz, sorry you have to go through this. My boss came to work for a week with a tube up his junk all the way to his kidney since it wouldnt pass.
Hope it passes for you soon dude.

BladeDancer314

Windjammers Wonder
I'm so glad that aside from a herniated disc a few years ago and a broken collar bone when I went down at the track I have been pretty much healthy.

I don't even remember the last time I got sick, it's been years.

Hope you get well soon.

BTW, the secret to good health is steak and cake.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
I feel your pain, I had one this past May- ended up in the hospital the night of my birthday as luck would have it. Thankfully I passed it the next day. Hopefully yours passes as easy.

EDIT: Do you drink water from a well? The doc said the minerals in well water can cause them and may have been where mine came from

Last edited:

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Damn bubz, sorry you have to go through this. My boss came to work for a week with a tube up his junk all the way to his kidney since it wouldnt pass.
Hope it passes for you soon dude.

Uhhh, hope I don't have to have that done to me. Shit is bad enough as it is.

how'd you get kidney stones

Dunno. Guess they could probably tell me after they analyze it.

I'm so glad that aside from a herniated disc a few years ago and a broken collar bone when I went down at the track I have been pretty much healthy.

I don't even remember the last time I got sick, it's been years.

Hope you get well soon.

BTW, the secret to good health is steak and cake.

Hmmm, got the steak part down, must be my lack of cake... :(

I feel your pain, I had one this past May- ended up in the hospital the night of my birthday as luck would have it. Thankfully I passed it the next day. Hopefully yours passes as easy.

EDIT: Do you drink water from a well? The doc said the minerals in well water can cause them and may have been where mine came from

Nope, no well water around here. We're supposed to have rather good tap water here in the Seattle area.

Thanks for the well wishes guys. Decided to see if the pain was still bad if I stayed off the tramadol as it was down to a dull pain. And yeah, it's still there so I must not have passed it yet. Shit needs to pass already so I can get back to using my damn pasta pass as I please... :lolz:

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
One thing i never want to deal with ever. My old boss used to get them a lot. Turns out it was due to dairy products he was eating. Hope it passes soon

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Hang in there man, it'll pass (pun intended.) No kidney stones, but I passed a gall stone last year which I've heard is comparable in pain. Sucks.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Hang in there man, it'll pass (pun intended.) No kidney stones, but I passed a gall stone last year which I've heard is comparable in pain. Sucks.
''how'd you gget a gallstone

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
I also suffer from kidney stones.... my advice? get this if possible:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lepidium_latifolium

Make it as tea, drink 3 a day (morning, lunch, evening/night 9 days in a row, then rest 9, and again 9 more.
Been doing it for almost 2 months. It's been now 5 months I didn't make any new stone and finally I can sleep on my right side lol

Edit:
5 moths eating all I shouldn't (and drinking) and still no stones <3

Last edited:

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
That's the source of the stones right there dude, Alfredo sauce.

:lolz:

This years pasta pass just started this week. Only had the asiago garlic alfredo 2x so far.

And honestly I don't eat tons of dairy. Tons of dead animal (chicken/cow/fish), sure. But not much dairy. But watever the cause it's too late for me to fix for this go-round. I just want it to be done with. Then I can attempt to figure out the cause and avoid it in the future if possible.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
:lolz:

This years pasta pass just started this week. Only had the asiago garlic alfredo 2x so far.

And honestly I don't eat tons of dairy. Tons of dead animal (chicken/cow/fish), sure. But not much dairy. But watever the cause it's too late for me to fix for this go-round. I just want it to be done with. Then I can attempt to figure out the cause and avoid it in the future if possible.

For what it's worth, the doc told my boss just drink more fluids going forward. Didn't really matter what but just drink more water ideally to avoid in the future.
I'm kind of freaked because I don't drink much water, just mass amounts of coffee.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
Is it too late for ultrasonic treatment?

I knew a dude who had a smallish kidney stone that wouldn't pass, they broke it up with an ultrasonic machine thing and he was fine again in like 2 days.

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
Damn, that's rough brother.

HANG IN THERE BUBZ!

#bubz4painfreepiss2016

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Is it too late for ultrasonic treatment?

I knew a dude who had a smallish kidney stone that wouldn't pass, they broke it up with an ultrasonic machine thing and he was fine again in like 2 days.

No idea if it's too late for that. Didn't get too much into wat if as the doc said it should get passed in a day or two. Said we'd go over that if it didn't pass on it's own.

Damn, that's rough brother.

HANG IN THERE BUBZ!

#bubz4painfreepiss2016

:lolz: Pain free pissin would be lovely beffeh. I'd love to get back to sleep right meow as I'm going on like 2 hours of sleep. Probably should just start drinkin a shit ton and try and get that fucker out. Then I can try and git back to normal life. Shit is fuckin up my plans.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Why do kidney stones always strike in the night? I have had them twice and both times I was awoken around four AM.

Sorry to hear you are enduring this bubba, but there is a light at the end of the (penis) tunnel. Go easy bro.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
I heard on the radio that a guy had kidney stones. Then rode on a rollercoaster in the very last car. And when he got off it just came out. And so he did that two more times until they were all gone.

They did not mention if there was any pain, but the guy is still alive so that's good.