FS: Sony D-25 w/RM-DM2 remote + extra unit for repair

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
354   0   0
Working D-25 is SOLD, non-working one is still available for $40 shipped in the US.

Hi guys, been listening to my CDs less and less lately, so I think it's time to part with my Sony D-25 personal CD player.

Includes original Sony AC Adapter, but no battery (uses hard to find BP-2EX). Also included is a hard to find RM-DM2 wired remote for the player!

For those who don't know, this is regarded as one of the best sounding personal CD players ever made, with it's 4x oversampling digital filter.

Minor cosmetic blemishes, but it works perfectly and sounds great, especially through the line out!

Looking for $180 shipped in the US. *SOLD!*

$_35.JPG
(not my photo, for reference because I'm lazy :p )

I also have a non-working D-25 from years back, includes a non original AC adapter. Just stopped playing CD's, probably either needs to be re-greased or have the laser unit replaced and it will be good to go. I didn't want to mess with it though, so I just bought the player above. I'll let it go for $40 shipped in the US.

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
294   0   0
I had one of these back in the days. One hell of a cd player.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Badass. GLWS.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
354   0   0
I had one of these back in the days. One hell of a cd player.

It really, really is. Especially paired with even a cheap headphone amp through the line out! I use a $60 Fiio A3 amp and it really adds a nice warmth to the sound and a slight bass punch. Everything sounds clear, punchy, and fucking fantastic on this thing!

I'm sure I'll end up buying another one down the road, but for now I can use the money. :crying:

Thanks for the well wishes guys!

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Offtopic here but I am curious. I have always just used the cheap cd drive that came with my PC to listen to CDs. I always assumed since cds are a digital format and that data is just piped via usb to my Objective O2 dac/amp it shouldn't sound any different that using a really expensive cd drive since the external dac does all the things. Same with the supposed "audiophile" ps1, are they just special because of the dac chip built in? Sorry I am a bit of a noob to the audio world.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
It's all about how good the digital to analog converter is, and how clean the path from the analog to whatever is driving the speakers.

For example, I was messing around with a laserdisc player that had both RCA and a digital optical output, playing audio cds. I had both sets of outputs connected to a fairly shitty receiver. The CD sounded much better when I used the analog output because the DAC in the LD player was a whole lot better than the DAC in the shitty receiver.

*edit* I'm grossly oversimplifying, but you get the idea.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
354   0   0
Well said, and thanks for the bumps!

By the way, the fixxer-upper D-25 is still available for $40 OBO, it turns on just fine but it just can't read CD's. It was working when I bought it years ago, it just needs TLC that I can't be arsed with.

P.S. - K-2, I haven't been able to make it to the P.O. yet, but tomorrow is a day off so it will be going out then! Expect a tracking # soon.