FS: SGI Onyx2

shess

I don't read too much into what happens on the for
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I know this is a really loooong shot, but I'm looking to sell my SGI Onyx2 setup. Here's a picture to the machine and some of the included parts:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7205976@N06/2305960489/

The front cover says Origin 2000 but those don't support monitors. This machine was mislabeled. The machine itself is the smaller version of the full size supercomputer. This one has 2 CPUs with 384MB memory. It supports dual monitors and comes with the one in the picture. The hard drive is 9gb I believe and I just loaded a fresh copy of Irix 6.5.3. I'll include all the cables necessary to get it up and running.

If you don't know anything about SGI, they are/used to be the high end supplier of servers and visualization machines. In the 90's, most computer generated special effects for movies were done on SGI machines. The guy who I got this machine from said that when he bought the computer 10 years ago, the sticker price was $100k and his business got a discount and paid $60k.

Because of the size and weight, this machine is strictly pick up only near Raleigh, NC. I'm looking for best offer including cash and/or trades.

If anyone has serious questions about specs, I can get the info for you.

Scott

hermosaguy

Geese's Thug
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Beautiful machine! I used to have an O2 and Indigo. If I had them still I would definitely want to pick that one up.

shess

I don't read too much into what happens on the for
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Thanks! If you're looking for an O2 I have one of those as well. No Indigos though. If you want both machines let me know.

Scott