FS: Jamma SNES systems"

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Update: Systems are now available.

These systems run off of the JAMMA connector, and connect to automatically play from the cab's joystick/buttons. 6 button model Genesis and SNES systems will have a male CPS2 kick harness connector so they will be plug and play with Cabs that have CPS2 kick harnesses. The controls are contained within the case, all you do is plug in your game and plug it into the JAMMA harness and you are good to go!

Pricing

GENESIS:

Budget model: $110

Same as the base model, but only a board, no case. I have a few PCBs with no case that still work.

Base model $150
-3 button control support only, 2 players
-L and R rca jacks, audio amplifier to play sound from the JAMMA edge

Deluxe model $180
-includes all features on the base Genesis, plus:
-RGB pots
-6 button support for 2 players via CPS2 kick harness connector

SNES
-Base Model $170
6 button support for 2 players via cps2 kick harness connector
--L and R rca jacks, audio amplifier to play sound from the JAMMA edge
Non adjustable button configuration of your choice

SNES deluxe $185
Everything from the snes base model plus:
RGB pots
Adjustable button configuration via barrier strips
Switch to make the start button on your cab activate select button

Prices don't include shipping.

I spent ove $350 in parts so far not including an assload of time, so I hope my prices are considered reasonable.

Here are pics of a Genesis model 2 I made for Darkkingofmazunda here on the forums, the ones I make from now on will all be Genesis model 1 and the JAMMA edge will not stick out quite as far, but you get the idea.
Genny1.jpg

Genny2.jpg

Last edited:

Tango

Tung's Hair Stylist
Rating - 97.7%
85   2   0
yeah dude... Im interested in one as well. Send me a PM with any details/pricing stuff you have.

Thanks!

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I just want to easily make a ps2 jamma on spot so I can just do some third strike in my cab.. God how I wish there was a easy way to do this. Like a PS2 already wired to some sac jamma board shipped or some shit.

KaPH33n

Sieger's Squire
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I'd prefer something with a jamma edge that can accept a composite video signal/rca audio and has ports where you can attach hacked pads. Would this be possible?

baklakiller

Banned
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's no reason I couldn't do other consoles that Support RGB too, but SNES and Genny are easiest.

This weekend I am going to finish up mine and make one for a friend...I have enough parts for 2 more other systems., but i can always get more parts if there is demand. Just wondering if other people are interested? I don't see these come up for sale very often here on the forums.

For Genesis i can only do six button controllers if anyone can hook me up with a male cps2 kick harness connector, or knows a place I can find them, I really REALLY need some for multiple projects if anyone can help.

I might come down one of these days & check it out...How much you think this would cost me?

sammybean

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Rating - 98%
98   2   0
I just want to easily make a ps2 jamma on spot so I can just do some third strike in my cab.. God how I wish there was a easy way to do this. Like a PS2 already wired to some sac jamma board shipped or some shit.

Wouldn't dreamcast be easier since it's done so widely...?

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Ok apparently there IS enough interest, i will be making a batch and then I will let you guys know. Genesis will be 3 buttons only unless I can find the schematic for the six button controller, snes will be plug and play with a cps2 connector for convenience.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   1
I'm interested on both consoles as well.

Tango, stay away from those time PS2 setups, you either have to reassign the last inputs with a Jamma edge or rewire the cab. Def a no go for most of us.

The Shmup device that pixeljunkie linked is the way to fly, I've seen this thing in person and it's unbelievable! He's always sold out when I want one though:(.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   1
Hey how about some pics? Inside pics would be great too, gotta see the wiring job ;)

Tango

Tung's Hair Stylist
Rating - 97.7%
85   2   0
Thanks EG, I had no idea that was on of those shitty timer units. But I guess the fact that he said it was designed for use in arcades should have been indicator enough. I'd rather just play on the CPS3 hardware anyways and no way I am raping the cab wiring to accommodate that...

That RGB SCART to Jamma looks pretty sick indeed... unfortunately it appears to only support 5 buttons... is there a work around to enable 6 button games without having to wire the 6th button straight to the CP (would that even work)?

edit-- I see now where it says LED time/coin indicator. Forget that...

Last edited:

Tango

Tung's Hair Stylist
Rating - 97.7%
85   2   0
awesome dude. Im interested in either or... any idea how much you plan on charging yet?

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
They will be over $100, it takes a long time each unit and I can't do all the shopping at one site either, and none of the parts are that expensive but there's a good amount each unit, and systems and controllers arent cheap either. Just wait a few days and i will have some completed this weekend. :)

Rating - 100%
11   0   0

Thanks so much! Ordered, as soon as they get here I will have SNES systems available with barrier strips so you can config the buttons to from SNES to any button on the JAMMA loom. SNES systems will be plug and play with any cab or supergun setup with a CPS2 kick harness. I should have a few Genesis systems for sale tomorrow with pics. (3 button only)

Thanks for the interest, everyone! I should have enough parts on hand to finish 4 or 5 systems with more parts on the way to make more.

I will be selling them but also accept trades, looking for:

Super Turbo CPS2 board (prefer Blue but Green is ok too)
Naomi stuff
Taito F3 and games
PC Engine stuff
MVS carts
Random Jamma boards (if it looks cool on youtube I will try anything haha)

Last edited:

hedorah

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Airthrow, any interest in offering a discounted service if we provide the console and controllers? I have both a snes and genesis on hand with controllers.