FS: CPS3 with Street Fighter 3 3rd Strike & New Battery Installed

Hellacious

n00b
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I am selling my CPS3 with Street Fighter 3 3rd Strike. I just got the cartridge back from Excellentcom as I had idc from arcadeotaku attempt to replace the battery on the cartridge as he had completed a ton of them. Apparently, the new battery that he installed was defective and it wiped the security cart. So I sent it off to Excellentcom and had them reflash the cart back to Asian. I received back the Cartridge today and tested it. It works with no issues, I have powered it on and off several times today. I burned a disc from these forums to change the Region back over to USA so that you have all of the audio for Hadoken's and such. The flash was successful and it is now running the USA version. The board does have some wires soldered on it. I purchased it used and the owner didn't give me any feedback as to any repair work that had been done to the board. I took some pictures of the wiring on the board, for all I know it could be normal to be honest. I just know that the board is working and that it does have a WorldWide Video Warranty Sticker on it.

The reason why I am selling it is because I already have a 360 hooked up to my Sega Blast City so I can play 3rd Strike Online Edition that way without having to adjust the monitor settings every time I want to play it. The other reason is that on my MVC2 machine with the LCD monitor, my Gonbes CGA to VGA converter board no longer works so I can't get into the menu on it to correctly adjust the picture. Ultimately it is just more hassle than what it is worth for me to keep it.

I do not have the original cd for it, the label on the security cartridge is a repro label, and the CPS3 is just the board only (it doesn't have the metal casing), CD-Rom drive and burned game discs as I do not have the original discs. You can play ANY CPS3 games with this system.

Looking for $325 shipped in the USA via Paypal Gift or add 4% for the fees.

20120901_154824.jpg

20120901_154826.jpg

20120901_154829.jpg

20120901_154910.jpg

20120901_154818.jpg

20120901_154916.jpg

20120901_154948.jpg

20120901_161915.jpg

20120901_161910.jpg

20120901_161853.jpg

20120901_161806.jpg

20120901_161814.jpg

20120901_161830.jpg

Yes, I am aware that the color is off because my CGA to VGA converter board stopped allowing me to make adjustments. My apologies. I will add a few pics of the board and stuff in a bit.

Last edited:

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
72   0   0
That's one crappy looking monitor. ;)

Good luck with your sale, however!

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
249   0   1
I'm slightly amazed this hasn't sold yet. I know it's dropped a bit, but I paid $600 shipped from Japan a couple years ago, and it's been worth every penny of that to me. Having one with a new battery as this one does is practically invaluable.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
72   0   0
Yeah, I paid a pretty penny for mine as well, but honestly you can just take a new generation cart and make that work with third strike, so the value has certainly gone down. Amazing game, never the less.

Hellacious

n00b
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Yeah, its starting to seem that everyone that wants this game has it. I already ordered my new video card, I also figured that it would have sold by now. I feel that my asking price is more than reasonable though.

robot

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
It's a great price considering the new battery and ability to play any CPS3 game with the right software and ISOs. If I hadn't bought the same setup 2 weeks ago I would've been all over this.

Good luck with the sale, I'm sure someone will jump on it soon.

mmsadda

10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
249   0   1
Hell, it's half tempting to buy this and run Jojo's 2 or Warzard on it while keeping my other setups 3S.

Hellacious

n00b
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
It doesn't matter to me. If you buy it, it is yours to do with it whatever it is that you want. As long as someone is getting some enjoyment out of it. That's what matters.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
72   0   0
Since the CD is a burn, and the label isn't even original, I'm going to assume that this was just an older SF turned into Third Strike? Not a damn thing wrong with that, for sure, but makes me wonder.

I'll piggy back Mr. "whatever name you want me to be" and say it wouldn't be a half bad idea to put another game on there, just so you don't have to go through the 45 minute ordeal of re-installing a different game. I like my third strike, and can't imagine wanting a different game instead of it... but being able to play 2i right away... that certainly has some appeal!

mmsadda

10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
249   0   1
Since the CD is a burn, and the label isn't even original, I'm going to assume that this was just an older SF turned into Third Strike? Not a damn thing wrong with that, for sure, but makes me wonder.

I'll piggy back Mr. "whatever name you want me to be" and say it wouldn't be a half bad idea to put another game on there, just so you don't have to go through the 45 minute ordeal of re-installing a different game. I like my third strike, and can't imagine wanting a different game instead of it... but being able to play 2i right away... that certainly has some appeal!
Yeah, that would rule! The 45 minute install for 3S is killer. Sadly 2I is the one game that doesn't seem to possible to forcibly boot with another cart yet (and vice-versa; I think 2I cards only work with 2I still.) which is sad because 2I probably has as much character as any of the SF3 games.

Jojo's and Warzard, though.... for $325 or whatever this is selling for, it'd be sweet to be able to run those.

Hellacious

n00b
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Yeah, I do not have the history on this kit really. I bought it used from a friend of a friend. All I know is that he used to be big into arcade stuff and it was apparently in his garage. He was cleaning out his arcade stuff and selling it off. So I picked it up and it worked but I had no idea when the battery was changed. I sent it to get just that done and the battery change failed. Sent it to Excellentcom and they re-flashed the cart. The rest is pretty much history. Work screwed up my paycheck and I will only be getting half of what I am owed on Friday also to top it all off. So selling this would really help me out right now.

Hellacious

n00b
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
would you be open to just selling the cart along with the burned USA disc? if so PM me.

No. I am only willing to sell it as a complete set-up. Its going to be extremely difficult to find someone just selling a working cart separately just due to the more recent technology of being able to play anything with a working cart that isn't 2nd Impact.

mmsadda

10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
249   0   1
Feedback score of negative one?

Oh yeah, that was my doing. If dealing with him, ONLY accept PayPal gift, and don't bother holding anything. Dude wasted my time for two weeks on a CPS2 game

Last edited: