FS: !Arcade! Modded "Ultra" NEO GEO

Wan-Fu

Galford's Armourer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a NEO GEO home system modded with all the bell and whistles by !Arcade!. This includes:

RGB Mod
S-Video Mod
Enhanced Stereo Mod
Debug BIOS

You can take a look at the !Arcade! website for detailed information.

The serial number of this unit is 027054. It is in excellent condition. There are a few faint scratches but no chips or cracks. The deck comes with two AC adapters, both included. Nothing else is included.

Over the last two years, I bought two of these from !Arcade!. This is my spare unit. If you are looking for the best possible video and sound from your home system, look no further.

I am looking to get around $450. Insured shipping is $20 in the US and $40 to other parts of the world.

edit: Make me an offer before this moves to eBay!
edit: http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=tnili

ultra-neo1.jpg

ultra-neo3.jpg

ultra-neo2.jpg

ultra-neo5.jpg

Last edited:

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Buy from this member.
One of the greatest members on this forum.

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
What are those two white inputs on the back for?

Oh, and why are there two power supplies?

Wan-Fu

Galford's Armourer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bar81 said:
What are those two white inputs on the back for?

Oh, and why are there two power supplies?

The white inputs are for the enhanced stereo. The adjacent inputs are for standard stereo. The extra power supply is for the enhanced stereo as well. It plugs into the port to the far left in the picture.

Thanks for the kind words xtoo_short20x.

Bar81

20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Wan-Fu said:
The white inputs are for the enhanced stereo. The adjacent inputs are for standard stereo. The extra power supply is for the enhanced stereo as well. It plugs into the port to the far left in the picture.

Thanks for the kind words xtoo_short20x.

What exactly is the enhanced stereo? What does it do that the standard stereo doesn't?

Wan-Fu

Galford's Armourer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bar81 said:
What exactly is the enhanced stereo? What does it do that the standard stereo doesn't?

The enhanced stereo makes music and sound effects more dynamic and powerful. I am not an audiophile so I would not be able to give you a technical answer. Bottom line: you will notice a difference and yes, the enhanced stereo is better (imo).

Here is the description from !Arcade!'s website:

The current stereo mod is done two ways - The first is to tap the headphone port which will produce a lower quality signal for those with stereo systems. This method will however sound ok on low-end televisions. The other method is to tap the stereo signals in their pure form, this method is the standard for sound out.

The sound system built into the NeoGeo was state of the art when it was finished in 1989. Sound systems since then have come a long way. Our new Stereo Mod will upgrade the NeoGeo's sound hardware to produce a clean and enhanced signal not thought possible. Users can look forward to hearing everything a game has to offer along with deep base and clear effects.

Bar81

20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Wan-Fu said:
The enhanced stereo makes music and sound effects more dynamic and powerful. I am not an audiophile so I would not be able to give you a technical answer. Bottom line: you will notice a difference and yes, the enhanced stereo is better (imo).

Here is the description from !Arcade!'s website:

The current stereo mod is done two ways - The first is to tap the headphone port which will produce a lower quality signal for those with stereo systems. This method will however sound ok on low-end televisions. The other method is to tap the stereo signals in their pure form, this method is the standard for sound out.

The sound system built into the NeoGeo was state of the art when it was finished in 1989. Sound systems since then have come a long way. Our new Stereo Mod will upgrade the NeoGeo's sound hardware to produce a clean and enhanced signal not thought possible. Users can look forward to hearing everything a game has to offer along with deep base and clear effects.

Thanks, last question. Do you have to have the main power & the enhanced stereo at the same time to experience the enhanced stereo or does the enhanced stereo PS replace the standard one? I'm guessing it's the former

Wan-Fu

Galford's Armourer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bar81 said:
Thanks, last question. Do you have to have the main power & the enhanced stereo at the same time to experience the enhanced stereo or does the enhanced stereo PS replace the standard one? I'm guessing it's the former

You guessed right. It's the former.

SeaWolf69

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Hello,

Looks pretty good, I see everything but the RBG mod?? How does that work? Does it have the 3 RGB component RCA jack outputs?? :spock:

Wan-Fu

Galford's Armourer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I take PayPal. I wont add the extra fee either, like some sellers do. I also take money orders or cashier's checks in case others are wondering.

The RGB signal uses the standard AV port in the back of the system. You can use a Japanese RGB cable and an XRGB-2 device and hook it up to a VGA monitor or get a custom cable and hook it up directly to an RGB monitor.