From the Earth to the Moon DVD set $19.99

Snuh

Sieger's Squire
Has anyone seen this 1998 HBO mini-series? I havent seen it yet but I was at Best Buy today and its price was reduced to $19.99. I figured I couldnt go wrong with 20 bucks for 5 DVD's so I got it. I guess Ill start watching it now and see if I made a good purchase today.

Segata_Sanshiro

Tesse's Maintainence Man
15 Year Member
I always ebay DVD's for like three dollars instead of paying 20-50 new

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
wow, I remember that; 10 years already, geez. the biggest HBO miniseries ever, way more popular than the recent John Adams.

it's great, you should take a day off and just watch all the episodes. gary sinise ftw.

Snuh

Sieger's Squire
Yeah I just finished watching the first episode and Im enjoying it a lot so far. So Im quite pleased with the purchase :)

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Never heard of it, better or worse than When We Left Earth?

Snuh

Sieger's Squire
Hmm I havent seen When We Left Earth but so far from this series (got to watch some today) its a pretty well written series. Talks about the trials of the US space program after the Soviets beat us to space.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Does this program discuss in depth the stuff like Mercury, Gemini, and Apollo?

I'm really interested in the early stuff from a tech standpoint, and from what the programs accomplished.

Apollo 1 still makes me :crying:

Snuh

Sieger's Squire
Does this program discuss in depth the stuff like Mercury, Gemini, and Apollo?

I'm really interested in the early stuff from a tech standpoint, and from what the programs accomplished.

Apollo 1 still makes me :crying:

Yes it definately does go into those. Actually Im on the second episode which is entitled "Apollo 1"

The first episode had a lot about Mercury and Gemini and how that lead up to Apollo

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Damn I can't believe I didn't see this thread. I just bid on a set on ebay. $20 is not bad for the set new since on ebay it usually ends for about $20-23 shipped.

eek

Mature's Make-up Artist
15 Year Member
I bought this for 19.99 from Amazon last December. I watched a few episodes and it's been pretty good. One of the episodes featured the founder of a company I use to work for and I was told that the show depicted him pretty accurately.