Friday the 13th: The Game!!!

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Any other Friday the 13th fans here? The slasher game 'Summer Camp' that was announced last year is now officially Friday the 13th: The Game and has a Kickstarter running.

I backed it immediately yesterday, it's like a childhood dream to have a game like this, especially as you get to play as Jason! It looks like the games is pretty much already running, but they're asking for the extra money to make it as good as they can and add to what is already made. I'm happy to pay in advance for something I know I'll be buying if it will help make the game better.

It's already made over $250k in less than 24 hours, so hopefully it will do well and maybe meet some of the stretch goals.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/613356213/friday-the-13th-the-game?ref=nav_search

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Isn't Adam Sessler a part of this somehow?

Fuck him.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I'm actually a big fan of the NES game to this day...

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
I'm actually a big fan of the NES game to this day...

Little known fact: The game was actually developed by Atlus and published by LJN.

Crazy...I never would have guessed.

Jon

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
The Commodore 64 Friday The 13th game is quite fun too. That digitized scream freaked me out as a kid.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Little known fact: The game was actually developed by Atlus and published by LJN.

Crazy...I never would have guessed.

Jon

The cabin/opening music is still one of the creepiest melodies I have ever heard.

The main theme is still very catchy.

And I always kinda wished that they would have made Jason mercilessly beat someone to death with his bare hands in the movies.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
The cabin/opening music is still one of the creepiest melodies I have ever heard.

The main theme is still very catchy.

And I always kinda wished that they would have made Jason mercilessly beat someone to death with his bare hands in the movies.

Yeah, I actually have a much better appreciation of this game after watching 100% longplays of it on Youtube. It's all about beating Jason's mother three times so you can get the Sweater and Pitchfork.:D

The most annoying part are the scenes in the cabin where you have to fight Jason. It's very difficult to dodge his shots the way they expect you to do it.

Jon

Earthquake24

Dodgeball Yakuza
I saw this. Definitely pledging to this, look who's involved with the development: Sean S. Cunningham, Tom Savini, Kane Hodder. There's no way it won't be awesome. They're also going to have Tommy Jarvis in the game too. I hope that it gets enough funding to have single-player as well. Man, now I wish there was a Nightmare on Elm Street game. The old PC/Commodore 64 one based on Dream Warriors was alot of fun.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I saw this. Definitely pledging to this, look who's involved with the development: Sean S. Cunningham, Tom Savini, Kane Hodder. There's no way it won't be awesome. They're also going to have Tommy Jarvis in the game too. I hope that it gets enough funding to have single-player as well. Man, now I wish there was a Nightmare on Elm Street game. The old PC/Commodore 64 one based on Dream Warriors was alot of fun.

It'll be great to have a continuation of Tommy Jarvis. I bet Feldman will be jumping at the chance to do it, but as much as I do like Corey, Id rather they got Thom Mathews to voice him.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
just found out about this.will definitely check it out if i ever manage to get a current gen console. jason is my hero.

Cornerb0y

Krauser's Henchman
SO exited for this game. Jason is my favorite slasher, and Friday the 13th is my favorite horror series. I own both the C64 and NES games (both are so good and completely underrated). I also have the NES figure and mask the NECA released. Game is gonna be awesome!!!!