"Freeze" DIP Switch

NeoGeo64

Zero's Secretary
I've been curious about this for a while. Why does NeoGeo have a DIP switch option to freeze gameplay (music continues playing, though)?

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
In case you need to pee. Hardcore gamers just piss while standing, and thats why the bottoms of woody cabs are always rotting.

On a more serious note though, it was probably for advertising. An OP could "Freeze" a game at the title screen and then take a picture of the cab.

NeoGeo64

Zero's Secretary
HAHAHA that's nasty. But that makes sense if that what it was used for, advertising. (not pissing lmao)

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
which one is it? is there a way to connect it to a button, so I could have a clean pause ? or if I try aes versions using unibios are there (clear) pauses?

dagoto19

n00b
which one is it? is there a way to connect it to a button, so I could have a clean pause ? or if I try aes versions using unibios are there (clear) pauses?

It's dip switch 7. Simply set it to on to freeze the gameplay. Bear in mind the music audio doesn't freeze with the gameplay.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
It's a pause switch for the operator. A better question is why do the boards have controller ports.

nornor1

NEST Puppet
It's a pause switch for the operator. A better question is why do the boards have controller ports.

"The Future is NOW!" forward thinking. SNK knew Arcades would die in the future, and people would want to consolize these MVS motherboards. :)