Free Play@ Mugi's

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Held another MEAT-up last nite. FREE PLAY 2!! aka Free Play Zero 2 Alpha ;)

most of the same faces as last time, with a couple new ones. I have the blast setup for 6 capcom button fighters now, I had originally planned to run the naomi with a netdimm in it, but I couldn't get that sorted in time, so I threw the dreamcast in there. Even had a few rounds of virtua tennis on it!! Typing of the Dead with the biggest hit, everyone loved it. Some of those guys can really type!! they put me to shame!

my friend Daniel, was in an accident just 4 days ago where a fire truck pulled out in front of him while he was riding his motorcycle, he broke 2 bones in his neck and has a cracked rib and he still came to play!! that's dedication.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
:multi_co: Just awesome man! You're buddy Daniel looks so fookin happy, I'm glad he's okay. :)

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Looks like a great meet Mugicha! I would stuggle to find even 3 people willing to play against here. People generally look at my cab and say "whats that old thing?"

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
:multi_co: Just awesome man! You're buddy Daniel looks so fookin happy, I'm glad he's okay. :)

thx man! He was a little worried about playing at first, he said he hadn't fully regained motor control of his hand, but actually did pretty well at everything he tried. He wanted to learn how to do the special moves and Supers in the fighting games, so I was showing him how to do fireballs, he still needs work on his dragon punch, but I'll be sure to help him with it.

Looks like a great meet Mugicha! I would stuggle to find even 3 people willing to play against here. People generally look at my cab and say "whats that old thing?"

that stinks man, it's too bad there aren't more ppl you can play with. But at least you have a very beautiful bird, I'm a little jealous of it ;)

Fuzzytaco

Long Dong Silver.,
10 Year Member
Looks like a lot of fun, glad your buddies alright, motorcycles can be a bitch at times.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
That's fucking mad man! I wish I had the space for more than one cab. But I gotta say, for any get together at my joint the Blast City is where everyone gravitates to.. ALL NIGHT LONG!

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
If I ever manage to get settled in the new house I need to come over to Mugi's house of awesome sometime.

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
nice selection for a game night ;) is that typing of the dead running on the DC ?

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Good job Moogz. Looks like fun was had by all!

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Nice Game room man. Looks like a good time was had by all.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Awesome gameroom Mugi! Nice to see the cabs getting some love.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
LOL Your friend is loving that neck brace - glad he didn't die. Which one's you?

he's actually a lot tougher than he looks ;)

I'm the bald/ing guy in the red shirt.

nice selection for a game night ;) is that typing of the dead running on the DC ?

yes it is! I set up my old IKEA dining room table for it and old pc monitor. Hardly anyone played on the Blast so I might set up TotD on there next time.

thanks for all the kind words guys! we had a great time!

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Figured I'd bump this since we held another meat-up yesterday:

FREE PLAY 3 Third Strike!!

Mitsurugi brought over his Lindy to show off :D

PyT8XJK.jpg

WVzgYfY.jpg

Me and Panda both playing AfterBurner Climax

6Sadd2n.jpg

GXfxK2M.jpg

Pocket Fighter and 3rd Strike, played some Jojo's bizarre too (a first for panda)

ywHyJK3.jpg

Typing of the Dead, a perennial favorite!

CsgnMNc.jpg

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Hey! If I see floor, then you have room for one more! :p

lol, Alot of the people I invited got screwed out of coming by being forced to work a last minute catering event for my regional boss :mad_2:

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Good shit once again Mugi.

I will come to the next one!

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Good shit once again Mugi.

I will come to the next one!

yer welcome here ;)

funny thing is, I had called this event Free Play 3 third strike because it was my third meetup. Mitsurugi even brought over a CPS3 so we could play that, and the whole time I didn't even realize that 3rd Strike had celebrated it's 15th birthday just 2 days before the meet (Released 5/12/99). If I had known, we would've celebrated proper :) At least we played it though!

So what's the favorite multi player game that isn't a fighting game?

hard to say, we mostly played fighters and a couple shmups, due to the amount of ppl I felt fighters would make it easiest for everyone to play something.

I like puzzle fighter a lot, but since it has such a steep learning curve I don't usually bust it out for the meets. I also love beat em ups but they can get boring too.

since I needed to make sure we were all setup for the tourney with cps2, we didn't play any neo geo stuff, but I will make sure that is a fixture next time!

Last edited: