FOUND: MVS Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer loose cart and any cheap AES cart

Vigormortis

Armored Scrum Object
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
WTB

MVS Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer: FOUND Bare cart only. I'm not picky about the condition or language of the label (even a replacement label written with a sharpie would be fine :p ), as long as the boards are fully functional and genuine.

Cheap AES cartridge: FOUND. Soon my experiments will commence.

Last edited:

Vigormortis

Armored Scrum Object
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
The not so excellent paint job covered the serial number, but after scraping it off with a specialized tool (my fingernail), the serial number 017217 was revealed. Would I have learned some interesting information about this console's history if the numbers had matched? Oh well, regardless of this console's identity, it seems to have had its own.... adventures lol. Now I just gotta see if it can be saved, or if it will begin a new life as a CMVS. That yellow case is gonna make it a perfect match for the 161 in 1 cart :p

Last edited:

FOMOCO&CO

Belnar Institute Student
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
133   0   0
Post a pic of it, interested to see your yellow aes.
There was one floating around AZ that wasn't nonworking, then I thought I saw it on ebay being sold be someone from SoCal about a month or so ago..Just thought Id let you know about it if it was, to try and save you some time.

Vigormortis

Armored Scrum Object
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
This is indeed the one that was on ebay earlier this month. (and on the WTF auction thread lol). I offered the seller $50 and he took it. I figured that was an OK price for a case for my CMVS if I couldn't get it working.

Here is the banana AES with its case on. Screws, reset button, and power switch were not included
23OqQxI.jpg

I scratched some paint off the bottom to find the serial number
bkMnPWU.jpg

Here is the mainboard. I haven't attempted any fixes yet, but here's what I have observed so far: Most of the wires came desoldered and are only attached to the board by hot glue. There is a clump of components embedded in hot glue on top of the video encoder. I presume this is a S-Video mod. The bios has been replaced with a socketed eprom, probably some unibios version. One of the wires coming from the memory card reader has come loose. Position Q2 in the bottom left corner is missing a component. My first guess would be a 7805 voltage regulator, but I need to confirm this.
t94ta2p.jpg

Here's my plan of action. If it fails, I'm just gonna rip this motherboard out and make the banana case my MV1C's new home :P
1) Get rid of all the extra wires and rip out the S-video mod.
2) Find out what goes in Q2 and replace it
3) Test the bios in my MV1C to see what it is and if it is working
4) Resolder loose memory card wire.

Last edited: