For all big Viewpoint fans

Gemant

Member,
Good morning to everyone.
I would like to inform the international Neo·Geo community that I created an in-depth analysis research document, about the notorius shoot'em up Viewpoint for the Neo·Geo system.
I planned to use all of the knowledge at my disposal, matured since 1992 to realise a complete document, titled "All about Viewpoint", with which I examined in depth any possible aspect, both the commercial and the historical ones, to the most hidden details on playability and score system.
This work had been originally conceived with the purpose of being presented just to an Italian audience, therefore an ample window is dedicated to details pertinent to the Italian distribution of the product. However, later on, I developed several topics further than I initially expected, finding rare information through a heavy translation work that was extended to dozens of different sources. Approximately a hundred magazines have been examined, coming from Japan, USA, UK, France, Germany and Italy. Given that a good ~85% of content could be previously unknown to a Western audience, I decided to take one step forward and present the project in English language too, to make it available to an international public.

Have a nice read.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
That's real dedication, thanks for sharing your work with us, Gemant.

I've always been a Viewpoint fan, even though I'm not very good at it, difficulty level is up there. Still come back to it because it plays so well, also looks and sounds just awesome.

sirlynxalot

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Fagit of the Year
That's quite the dedication to this game. Nice job!

As a major fan, are you able to complete Viewpoint with a 1cc? That would be quite the skill showcase!

Also, have you tried Zaxxon Motherbase on 32x? It has a similar feel to viewpoint with the isometric shmup style.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Good morning to everyone.
I would like to inform the international Neo·Geo community that I created an in-depth analysis research document, about the notorius shoot'em up Viewpoint for the Neo·Geo system.
I planned to use all of the knowledge at my disposal, matured since 1992 to realise a complete document, titled "All about Viewpoint", with which I examined in depth any possible aspect, both the commercial and the historical ones, to the most hidden details on playability and score system.
This work had been originally conceived with the purpose of being presented just to an Italian audience, therefore an ample window is dedicated to details pertinent to the Italian distribution of the product. However, later on, I developed several topics further than I initially expected, finding rare information through a heavy translation work that was extended to dozens of different sources. Approximately a hundred magazines have been examined, coming from Japan, USA, UK, France, Germany and Italy. Given that a good ~85% of content could be previously unknown to a Western audience, I decided to take one step forward and present the project in English language too, to make it available to an international public.

Have a nice read.

Thanks dude, one of my favourite neo games.

I’m impressed how good the Megadrive port was as well, and the ’improved’ graphics used for the PSX version are interesting as well to a nerd like me, although I think they lack some of the charm of the original sprites.

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
This is excellent! Thanks so much.

Oddly enough, I was literally chilling out with the Viewpoint soundtrack when I saw this thread (also cuddling with my cat).

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Pretty sure that pdf shouldn't be 362MB
All my documents contain images at the highest possible quality. This is to allow a possible high resolution printing of the document.
Kernow:

giphy.gif