Food challenges

arbormatt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
I have seen a lot of shows and websites that have those food challenges. You know the five pound burgers and such. I was wondering if anyone here has done any of these? The only food challenge I have done was the wall wing challenge from Wings etc. Just your typical hot wing challenge. If you have done any of these and the place you did it has a website please feel free to post a link. I have no clue how some people can eat those massive portions of food without getting sick :conf:

BizMarkie82

Tarma's Gun Polisher
I have seen a lot of shows and websites that have those food challenges. You know the five pound burgers and such. I was wondering if anyone here has done any of these? The only food challenge I have done was the wall wing challenge from Wings etc. Just your typical hot wing challenge. If you have done any of these and the place you did it has a website please feel free to post a link. I have no clue how some people can eat those massive portions of food without getting sick :conf:

A buddy of mine tried this challenge called the Graveyard Burger and he made it 50% of the way through before turning green. We had (need to go find it) a pretty hilarious sequence of pictures where he started out in a really great mood and then looked like he was going to keel over at the end. http://wagontrainbbq.net/graveyard-burger/ <-- this is the link, complete with picture of this insanity

Another friend of mine did the Blazin Wing Challenge at Buffalo Wild Wings but there isnt too much to that. You just have to eat 12 of their spiciest wings in under 6 minutes, and the wings are pretty tame compared to some of the stuff you can get elsewhere.

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
I did a food challenge once.

A 28-inch pizza topped with breaded chicken, cheese, bacon, celery, ranch dressing, hot sauce, minced jalapeno peppers, and topped off with ghost chili powder (estimated to be 300 times hotter than a jalapeno).

3 of us had to finish it.... everything was going pretty good until my buddy had to use the restroom to take a crap. he was disqualified so there were only 2 of us to finish the pizza. It was too much. Although the pizza was really HOT.... the part that did us in was the ranch. Eating that much ranch was no good. I ended up puking later and the hot peppers came up my nose. It burned. It was awful.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
there is a couple near me- a 2 giant thick crust pizza slice challenge ($10) that you need to complete in 30 minutes. its super doughy so its deceptively hard.

and there is a 8lb burger challenge ($50) that you need to down in an hour.

I tried and failed at the pizza one, and the giant burger is too much for me.

Marek

Banned
I always wished they would make a special season of "Man vs. Booze" where he went to different bars and annihilated himself.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
I always wished they would make a special season of "Man vs. Booze" where he went to different bars and annihilated himself.

that was called 'three sheets' and it starred zane lamprey. that show kicked all kinds of ass.

his newest show is called 'drinking made easy'. its not as good as three sheets, but it's still very watchable.

Last edited:

BizMarkie82

Tarma's Gun Polisher
that was called 'three sheets' and it starred zane lamprey. that show kicked all kinds of ass.

his newest show is called 'drinking made easy'. its not as good as three sheets, but it's still very watchable.

So how much money do you think one makes to get hammered on television while people watch?

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
So how much money do you think one makes to get hammered on television while people watch?

I remember a while back, Tara Reid had a show where all she did was talk about clubs and then would get wasted in them.
That was an awesome job and I'm sure she got paid well.

BizMarkie82

Tarma's Gun Polisher
I remember a while back, Tara Reid had a show where all she did was talk about clubs and then would get wasted in them.
That was an awesome job and I'm sure she got paid well.

I seriously need to hit up monster or careerbuilder and see what new professional (or drinking) eating positions are open.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I can eat 50 eggs.

CoolHandLuke04_03_07.jpg

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member

My god Three Sheets is an amazing show. Just the thought of that show makes me want to go out and get plastered.

That motherfucker was just constantly drunk. I loved the one where he got invited to some wedding in a Eastern European country. Didn't even know the people, couldn't speak the language one lick. Good stuff.

Last edited:

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
I've never taken up a food challenge, but one time I went to a pub that had a hamburger on the menu that used grilled cheese sandwiches instead of a bun. I joking talked about ordering it, and I would up getting talked into it by my friends.

I regretted it immediately... It was hard to eat and not even that tasty. It was a total waste -- when I eat super unhealthy food, I want to enjoy the shit out of it, not feel ambivalent about the whole experience.

Now, a drinking challenge... In my younger days I might have been able to pull it off. I do have a story about being at a conference in college -- I was drinking rather heavily the entire day. At some point I challenged a group of Newfies to a drinking contest (people from Newfoundland are notorious drunkards). I lost track of them in my haze, but ran into them again later at the hotel at about 2 o'clock in the morning. I was already hammered but I proceeded to drink all of them under the table single-handedly. It was a glorious moment.

The King Prawn

Marked Wolf
Damnit, you guys just reminded me I haven't been keeping up w/ my beer card at Bilbo's. Drink all the beers they have & get your name on a plaque on their wall, plus a tee shirt or some shit. There are only 80 beers there and I went though more then half in 3 sittings whilst a friend was in town and liked that bar. It gave me something to do. I think this week I'll have to re-visit the place.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
there's a burger place back in austin called mighty fine. they do a really good burger and fries. but if memory serves me right there are a few "off the menu" items you can order. one is called the beast which is a double cheese with chili, the super beast which has three pieces of meat, and the texas tea which has 4. the meat is 1/2 pound patties too, so the biguns weigh in at a good amount. but that said i've not tried any of em. i used to work for their parent company's other restaurant rudy's barbecue, and i'd get a discount on the burgers. i guess its just as much as i like to eat, i don't like to eat to excess unless its like thanksgiving or something.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I tried to do a 10 pound bowl of pho challenge, after about half way through it I had to stop due to the taste. I wasn't maxed out but at that point the taste was making me gag.

41203_1603474574887_1476789056_1564614_4346404_n.jpg

Last edited: