First post in ages- HOARDING in the UK of Neo Geo AES- You know who u are

rugal2000

, Troll Me, , Cuz I is 3lit3, ,
Ive done some speculative digging for neo geo carts and memorabilia the last month or so for a friends young nephew (9) who likes neo geo games....sadly the search ended prematurely without any results......it pretty much confirms what I knew......neo geo aes stuff is hoarded by a handful of people in the UK....im talking greedy selfish individuals who hold 15-20 carts of one title at a time.......of course as time goes on....and its been over 10 years since the whole free availability of aes stuff on ebay started.....its only natural stuff will become less freely available over time as games are bought up by those who want them and others get lost to the ravages of time.....but still i do remember back in 98/99 in the early days of the neo geo online community seemingly NGF were rightfully despised for their acts of hoarding neo geo stock and selling for extortionate amounts......seems they were ahead of their time!!!!.....thats common practice in the UK now! A shame as the popularity of neo geo grows by the year in the UK as retro gaming has increased and increased in popularity.....sure these kids have emulators...but it would be nice for them to hold a real neo geo aes cart in their hands!:p

Last edited:

neo-geo-mvs

Sieger's Squire
10 Year Member
Maybe just go for MVS games. Most titles can be got for as little as £5 to £25, like;

World Heroes 1/2/Jet
Fatal Fury 1/2/Special
King of Fighters 94/95/97/97
Samurai Shodown
Street Hoop
Neo Turf Masters
Aero Fighters 2
Art of Fighting
Puzzle Bobble
Double Dragon etc

Loads to keep most people happy! :buttrock:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
everything can be got if you look hard enough. AES bores me shitless nowadays

N30_G30_speed

Angel's Love Slave
Ive done some speculative digging for neo geo carts and memorabilia the last month or so for a friends young nephew (9) who likes neo geo games....sadly the search ended prematurely without any results......it pretty much confirms what I knew......neo geo aes stuff is hoarded by a handful of people in the UK....im talking greedy selfish individuals who hold 15-20 carts of one title at a time.......of course as time goes on....and its been over 10 years since the whole free availability of aes stuff on ebay started.....its only natural stuff will become less freely available over time as games are bought up by those who want them and others get lost to the ravages of time.....but still i do remember back in 98/99 in the early days of the neo geo online community seemingly NGF were rightfully despised for their acts of hoarding neo geo stock and selling for extortionate amounts......seems they were ahead of their time!!!!.....thats common practice in the UK now! A shame as the popularity of neo geo grows by the year in the UK as retro gaming has increased and increased in popularity.....sure these kids have emulators...but it would be nice for them to hold a real neo geo aes cart in their hands!:p

The fact that children are denied the oportunity to get to know a different part of NG, is very sad, Yes you can buy MVS games, yes it might be "almost" the same, anyway it would be nice to have the choice. You would think otherwise from people how enjoy the Neo :(

If it keeps it away from nine years old kids hands, it´s a good thing.

At first I thought about making a joke about how "Selfish Anti-noob Nazi" your comment is, editing your avatar picture and all, but this is an actual issue and the last thing I want is for the thread to get sidetracked or be ridiculized.

everything can be got if you look hard enough. AES bores me shitless nowadays

That is kinda true, a bit more expensive, but games nowadays are available almost everywhere in the internet.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Depends on what the cart in question is. It's hard to imagine some Brit hoarding warehouses full of NOS Riding Hero carts hoping for a price hike. XD

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Seems to be that way with a lot of retro video games. Best we can hope for is a crash, much like how cards and pokemon faced.

As long as we have newbies coming into the hobby this will keep happening. The newbies who can't even lurk a little before buying something.

It would be nice if we could go back to the old ebay, where auctions ran until they ended without backdooring. The way ebay is set up now, everyone just has buy it nows. Remember when BIN were not as prominent? One can blame ebay for reducing fees on BIN. That and ebay getting way too big for its boots and taking 9-15% double teamed with paypal of your sale.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Depends on what the cart in question is. It's hard to imagine some Brit hoarding warehouses full of NOS Riding Hero carts hoping for a price hike. XD

You obviously don't know morediscslimited :lolz:

hoop-jones

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
So your theory of people hoarding rare AES carts is proved by what exactly?
I read the first post several times and i still don´t get it?!

mastamuzz

Eager Beaver
Ive done some speculative digging for neo geo carts and memorabilia the last month or so for a friends young nephew (9) who likes neo geo games....sadly the search ended prematurely without any results
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?12-(SNK)-Neo-Selling
http://www.neostore.com/category-s/3.htm
http://www.consolepassion.co.uk/products/neo-geo-aes/games
http://www.retroscene.co.uk/neogeo-aes-games.asp
it pretty much confirms what I knew......neo geo aes stuff is hoarded by a handful of people in the UK
if you ask me they deserve an altar,
waynes_world_not_worthy.gif

it takes dedication and love for the Neo to keep them away from those cults that sacrifice carts in the name of conversions!

.sure these kids have emulators...but it would be nice for them to ruin a real neo geo aes cart with their hands!:p
FIXED!

El Capitan

Mai's Apprentice
Ive done some speculative digging for neo geo carts and memorabilia the last month or so for a friends young nephew (9) who likes neo geo games....sadly the search ended prematurely without any results......it pretty much confirms what I knew......neo geo aes stuff is hoarded by a handful of people in the UK....

Seems a bit harsh, fella! I pretty much find that I can get anything I want (maybe not at a price I'd like) from UK members, overseas members or eBay. Certainly quite a few UK sellers (including me!) have had AES stuff up for sale in the last year.

The only true hoarding has been telegames (what on earth happened to their stuff? it didn't all go to Direct4E and it didn't go on eBay except for a small amount of Hyper Neo stuff) and perhaps one friendly chap who likes games a bit too much! :D

I reckon the truth is that the UK market for Neo was and is very, very small. I am not sure if there are 25 UK members here with over 50 AES/MVS carts.

SHO

Raiden's Valet
i haven't posted for ages either.

the only game i hold more than 1 copy of are KOF95, SS2, wh2J

i would like to sell all my games since i haven't play them for ages.
but once i sell them, its hard to buy them back, especially neogeo games prices is like a stock market.

i know i always go back and play them someday, so i couldn't part with them.

so am i guilty of hoarding them?

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Thread is useless and low on drama without naming names.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
I played some ss2 the other day, still great fun

N30_G30_speed

Angel's Love Slave
i haven't posted for ages either.

the only game i hold more than 1 copy of are KOF95, SS2, wh2J

i would like to sell all my games since i haven't play them for ages.
but once i sell them, its hard to buy them back, especially neogeo games prices is like a stock market.

i know i always go back and play them someday, so i couldn't part with them.

so am i guilty of hoarding them?

Why would you hold more than 1 copy of any game?
I mean if you have the game already, to play it you actually only need one cartridge...
You can sell the rest of them... that's what I still don't get.
Or is it because you are afraid the games might break or get stolen?:conf:

neo-geo-mvs

Sieger's Squire
10 Year Member
Why would you hold more than 1 copy of any game?
I mean if you have the game already, to play it you actually only need one cartridge...
You can sell the rest of them... that's what I still don't get.
Or is it because you are afraid the games might break or get stolen?:conf:

Originally I had a few copies of some games - one for my future Candy/Electrocoin cab, one for 4-slot/supergun set-up and one for my AES with Phantom-1.

Now I generally just keep one copy of each game for my collection and have sold/selling my swaps but for some games I like to have to different colour carts/versions and so I have more than 1 of each (like Rental/Korean/English carts) :lol: