First look at dollar menu Henry Cavill revealed.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
1715089481968.png

Now, I have my issues with what went down with Cavill and WB/Gunn, sure. But that's not what bugs me about this incredibly WB Arrow-verse level suit here. Look at the literal galaxy of space between the suit and the guys shoulders. This dude (David Cornaswet, i think? Corensweat?) was allegedly 'bulking up' for the role. Yeah I dont see no bulk, champ.

For comparison, here's the first look at Cavill as Superman:

1715089624754.png

Regardless if you like Man of Steel, hate it, are a Snydercultist or just liked Cavill in the role, can you spot the difference in quality here? Only thing I can figure is that this pic must have been taken as a screen test and that it's not the actual final suit. But I think I'm wrong here. I think that actually is the final film version of the suit and it's laughable, from the stolen-from-kingdom-come logo to the look of a kid wearing his dad's motorcycle jacket. For further example, here's a pic of Henry Cavill wearing the Reeve suit way before filming. Dude's a stringbean. Look at those spindly arms lol.

But he bulked the hell up by the time the cameras were rolling. The pic was shared by Snyder after the fact. But this dude.. I dunno, this has to be a screen test and not from actual filming. Ooof.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
View attachment 73970

Now, I have my issues with what went down with Cavill and WB/Gunn, sure. But that's not what bugs me about this incredibly WB Arrow-verse level suit here. Look at the literal galaxy of space between the suit and the guys shoulders. This dude (David Cornaswet, i think? Corensweat?) was allegedly 'bulking up' for the role. Yeah I dont see no bulk, champ.

For comparison, here's the first look at Cavill as Superman:

View attachment 73971

Regardless if you like Man of Steel, hate it, are a Snydercultist or just liked Cavill in the role, can you spot the difference in quality here? Only thing I can figure is that this pic must have been taken as a screen test and that it's not the actual final suit. But I think I'm wrong here. I think that actually is the final film version of the suit and it's laughable, from the stolen-from-kingdom-come logo to the look of a kid wearing his dad's motorcycle jacket. For further example, here's a pic of Henry Cavill wearing the Reeve suit way before filming. Dude's a stringbean. Look at those spindly arms lol.

But he bulked the hell up by the time the cameras were rolling. The pic was shared by Snyder after the fact. But this dude.. I dunno, this has to be a screen test and not from actual filming. Ooof.

You just won the gayest thread of the year award. Making Spike Spiegel proud. Congrats bro.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I never really saw the point in superman's physique. As a kid he was already picking cars up and shit, it's just irrelevant whether he's muscular or not.

Also, I know Christopher Reeve went on a big bulk to shape up for the role, but he only really went from incredibly skinny to normal, he was hardly a bodybuilder.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Look at the literal galaxy of space between the suit and the guys shoulders. This dude (David Cornaswet, i think? Corensweat?) was allegedly 'bulking up' for the role. Yeah I dont see no bulk, champ.

Oh dude, you're totally right.

I didn't see that.

I don't care.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
I never really saw the point in superman's physique. As a kid he was already picking cars up and shit, it's just irrelevant whether he's muscular or not.

Also, I know Christopher Reeve went on a big bulk to shape up for the role, but he only really went from incredibly skinny to normal, he was hardly a bodybuilder.
Muscles are just cool.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Thread needs more Henry Cavil

View attachment 73975
Y'know, I was never a big fan of him in that show. It wasn't my thing, I never finished the first season. I do like how he's a big geek though. I respect the dude about that. Interested to see what his Warhammer series will be like, even though I dont know anything at all about Warhammer.

Moob Butter

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Y'know, I was never a big fan of him in that show. It wasn't my thing, I never finished the first season. I do like how he's a big geek though. I respect the dude about that. Interested to see what his Warhammer series will be like, even though I dont know anything at all about Warhammer.
He looked good as Geralt but the supporting cast and story kinda let him down. Season 2 was awful but Season 3 was much better. But if you didn’t enjoy Season 1, probably not worth your time.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member

It’s Warhammer 40,000 you mutant heretic.

It’s a lore dense setting with hundreds of books and hundreds of characters/stories. All designed to sell plastic miniatures lol.

I’m not certain how they’ll even approach the series. I figure they’ll tell a story following a single character but I wouldn’t mind seeing an anthology series.

Yamazaki

Baseball Star Hitter
15 Year Member
I’m not certain how they’ll even approach the series. I figure they’ll tell a story following a single character but I wouldn’t mind seeing an anthology series.
I guess they will or should focus on some specific storylines instead of the whole thing.

Since the GRIMDARK FUTURE!!!! stuff is too wild, too crazy, too many things going on at the same time and often very goofy.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
It’s Warhammer 40,000 you mutant heretic.

It’s a lore dense setting with hundreds of books and hundreds of characters/stories. All designed to sell plastic miniatures lol.

I said I didnt know anything about FrogWhammer $3, awright

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I said I didnt know anything about FrogWhammer $3, awright

You are a heretic unworthy of the Emperor’s light.
I guess they will or should focus on some specific storylines instead of the whole thing.

Since the GRIMDARK FUTURE!!!! stuff is too wild, too crazy, too many things going on at the same time and often very goofy.

I figure they should take the fallout approach and treat the IP as a setting, rather than retell a story that’s been told. There are plenty of new stories to be told.