Firearm enthusiast thread

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
12gauge001_zps5618348d.jpg

So while browsing on my wiiu your grip looks slanted. but on my computer to finally put my 870 up it looks straight.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Not shot it yet. It doesn't like my a-zoom snap caps so I'm
A little concerned about functionality.
The vertical grip is damn near mandatory. The thing is so short that I could easily see my hand slipping off the grip & ending up in front of the muzzle.
All it came with was a sling & instructions.
Found it at a gun show for msrp, picked it up for my father honestly.
He will probably put a red dot on it, cabelas has the trs 25 with riser on sale fright now for $100 so he will probably go that route.
It comes with no sites. It will hold 25/26 of the mini shells.
I have an 870 myself, I'm interested in putting this through the paces but I can't see it replacing my Remington.

You found it for MSRP?

DAMN.

I really like Kel-Tec. I think Kelgrin and his team come up with really neat ideas. I hope one day the quality and reliability of their weapons is up to par with other manufacturers who make weapons for defense.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Its on backwards if you're worried about slipping, I guess it would help with ejecting like that though? I've seen it recommended to apply forward pressure on the foregrip when firing so yeah its backwards... I saw a bunch of videos where they wouldn't get past five rounds so yeah there is a chance its not too reliable that and they are impossible to find made me get the 870_its good like people said.

I hope its a 'good one' for your sake though!

What's on backwards?
Another gun show today, see what turns up.

HellioN

20 Year Member
Picked up a first generation SCCY CPX-1.
Super cheap, Normally I ignore guns like this but for the price I just could not say no.
Not shot it yet, Hope it works.

HellioN

20 Year Member
IMAG0196_zps6a50f88e.jpg
Much as I liked the semi retro look, I somehow knew it would end up getting modernized.
VFG & a light mount will possibly/probably be inbound soon.

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I have a black Magpul VFG and the MOE Scout Mount for the MOE handguards. They're black. I'm pretty sure I can find the VFG and I'm 50/50 that I know where the MOE Scout mount is.

If you want them let me know and I can mail them to you.

I also have a plastic CAR stock. CAR stock > M4 stock.

HellioN

20 Year Member
I have a black Magpul VFG and the MOE Scout Mount for the MOE handguards. They're black. I'm pretty sure I can find the VFG and I'm 50/50 that I know where the MOE Scout mount is.

If you want them let me know and I can mail them to you.

I also have a plastic CAR stock. CAR stock > M4 stock.

If you just want to be rid of them i'll be more than glad to take them.
The M4 stock is ok, but it looks goofy on this rifle. Problem is it's a commercial sized tube & i'm just not going to spend the money on a replacement stock that I can only use on one of my rifles, I'm also not comfortable going & torquing on a polymer lower just to swap to the correct tube.
Besides, with prices & availability coming back in line this might end up with an aluminum lower & complete MP furniture anyway.
I will say the desire to build a 5.56 version of this is getting stronger every time I pick it up. Saw a few slick sided SP-1 uppers at the last gun show for $100 or less, I'm half kicking myself for not picking at least one of them up.
Damn you black rifle disease.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
PM me your address (The post office, for whatever reason, wont take an address of "The baddest motherfucker in MO" as a valid name + address) and I'll send them your way.

HellioN

20 Year Member
Yes, that would be quite suitable.
30-06 has enough punch to take down the majority of game in the north American continent.
If you are on a budget perhaps look into a Mosin-Nagant 91/30 rifle.
They are WWII Russian surplus & can be had between $100-$200 depending on condition & where you get it from.
It is .30 caliber (7.62x54R), 5 (five) round magazine fed, bolt action rifle.
Ammunition is relatively inexpensive. Power wise it's about inbetween .308 & 30-06.
It's not the easiest rifle to put a scope on if you were looking to go that route but as is it is more than accurate enough to get the job done with a little practice.
What are you going to be hunting?

Last edited:

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
tokarev?

almost forgot about this..

I'll be hunting white tail deer in upstate ny

I was recommended a marlin lever 30-30, but for the cost ($500) I'd prefer a bolt action 30-06, not sure tho

Pink Spider

Beast Buster
I'm well known among my friends for having some massive ape like hands, so this new Springfield XDs 9mm I just bought looks even smaller.

1276578_10200590918439638_1703033587_o.jpg1186214_10200590930279934_1198273075_n.jpg

HellioN

20 Year Member
Surplus CZ82 9x18 Makarov.
Just picked it up tonight, can't wait to shoot it.

Andy Is A Bastard

A Bastard, Andy Is,
Surplus CZ82 9x18 Makarov.
Just picked it up tonight, can't wait to shoot it.

Nice CZ-82! I grabbed a Bulgarian Makarov from a local place a few months ago, haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. Was thinking about looking for a CZ-82 when the Bulgy Mak just appeared, and I couldn't hesitate...

HellioN

20 Year Member
Sweet.
I had a Russian commercial Makarov for a while.
Not a bad little gun, even if it was a bit rough around the edges.
This CZ just blows it out if the water tho. Fit & finish, just quality.
If you find one under $300 don't hesitate to buy it.

Pink Spider

Beast Buster
Yeah man, I'm careful as hell. I love big ass revolvers.
My younger brother (21yo) however, not so careful. I was about to beat the shit out of him once at a firing range but didnt because some federal marshals were right next to us.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I thought I'd pop in here and throw out a "what's up?" Haven't been here much and my shooting season has been shit thanks to sky high ammo prices...either way, carry on Neo soldiers....

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Yeah I hear ya on the ammo, I've only been to the range once since December.

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
Rather than my normal type of post, I'm going to ask a serious question to all my firearms friends here.

The article here..

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2013/10/20/remaining-lead-smelter-usa-closing/

I'm curious what other here think about this.

I can only imagine it will drive up the cost of ammo. Aside from that I wonder if it really is a type of economic warfare as it's been nearly impossible to try and change the 2nd.

As firearms are rather useless without ammo, I'm curious to see how this affects things because we are still having a huge shortage of everything but birdshot here.

At the very least I would think once this gets around that what little there is to be had will be bought up and only help to extend the shotage.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Finally got around to getting my carry permit, now I just have to get an appropriate pistol