Firearm enthusiast thread

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Apparently there is a fleshlight attachment for the Sig brace...

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Saw that on instagram earlier today, said I wanna bump fire it

BTD

Armored Scrum Object
I don't know whether to hug my constitution or punch a liberal. I'm gonna do both. 'Merica

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
Went out to the range/shop this morning to try out a couple handguns. Since we're doing Christmas shopping early this year, I was looking to pick up either a 9mm or .40 S&W of some sort.

Tested:

CZ 75 B in .40 S&W: Maybe because it was a rental gun, but I did not like firing it. The trigger felt gritty like as if it was broken. SRO came by and stated that's the normal feel for the CZ 75.

Sig Sauer P226: Liked the gun very much, but Channel Maniac was right about the trigger. After that first DA pull, you have to ride the trigger back to get the single action function to kick in. This will probably be something that I'll have to get used to. In the past, I fired the P226 in full DA shots between rounds. It's almost as if you need to find the sweet spot and get used to it.

Ruger SR9c/SR9c SR40c /SR40: I tried both the compact and the full versions of the 9mm and .40S&W . Fell in love with both .40 cal variants. I also found that the full version was less snappier than the SR40c. The sight adjustments could be made easily and the gun felt perfect in my hands.

I ended up taking home the SR40 (after having a field day at the range). Price wise, it didn't break the bank. Since I live in CT, we can't have the 15 capacity mags. They did throw in an addition mag in for free.

Try a CZ-85 Combat. No firing pin block, much smoother trigger than a 75B.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
I still need an AK pistol something fierce.

My '74 needs a flashlight as well.

Someday...

Why not get the best of both worlds with a Krink? I'm sure there are kits out there still. Plenty of mod options and with a 9" barrel and side folding stock its pretty damn fierce.

KrinkRight.jpg

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
@Bio, nope - pretty sure I can't order an AK pistol anymore in CA online. I'll have to check the laws but I think I'd have to build one up from a kit.

@ Replica, I'm in California - no way I can get an SBR!

My friend has a Krink we built from a kit (in MO) - that thing is a beast. It's his only NFA weapon.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
@ Replica, I'm in California - no way I can get an SBR!

My friend has a Krink we built from a kit (in MO) - that thing is a beast. It's his only NFA weapon.

Ouch Cali... They ever get rid of the bs AR law having the fixed stock and mag?

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Yeah…Illinois is bad but California is worse. I know I shouldn't let it get to me, but those laws really piss me off. They scream "if you insist on owning a gun, we're just going to fuck with you."

Fucking bullet button…give me a break.

I know they don't have to do it anymore…but the sight of one of these California legal ARs makes my blood boil every time:
ar-15-california.jpg

The motherfucking nerve of politicians passing unconstitutional firearm laws…makes me sick...

HellioN

20 Year Member
Those look like something that survived an abortion.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
sig brace?
http://www.atf.gov/sites/default/fi...ter_on_the_redesign_of_stabilizing_braces.pdf
I didn't even read it at all since I know I'm not affected, maybe someone needs to or should know though?
where I heard about some said they(atf?)changed their minds others said it just became clear it was being predominantly(or at least often enough to warrant action) misused.

good luck everybody.

edit:: maybe its not a big deal after all? the thread these links come from was making a big huff but then there was this http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/12/foghorn/calm-pistol-brace-ruling-hasnt-changed/

edit: I see now that I was late with this, just thought I'd mention it after finding it. sorry to be ''alarmist''.

Last edited:

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I'm still pretty convinced they are going to out right ban them sooner or later...and it's our fault (our being owners, makers).

And ocean of "can I do THIS with the brace?" "Can I do THAT with the brace" coupled with companies either making bogus braces or slapping a brace on firearms that clearly don't need one has pretty much fucked everyone. Where I can see the money grabbers trying to sneak bullshit items past the ATF...I simply cannot wrap my mind around morons who sent letters to the ATF asking if they can use the thing as a shoulder stock. What in the name of fuck did they expect? An "OK" from them?

For now...nothing has changed, it's still built intent and intent is a hard thing to judge. I would guess one just doesn't want to be caught in the act of shouldering the thing...so I'm guess the smart ones are taking down online videos or pics of themselves using it that way...the smart ones.

Personally...I sold mine and I'm done with the thing. Too much headache for me...

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Well…I normally keep a firearm "on the radar" that I want to move to next. After diving into the whole SBR/Illinois mess and this SIG brace crap…pursuing that CZ Scorpion EVO + SIG brace combo seems pretty out for now. As a pistol, I think that Scorpion is pretty limp. Without the SIG brace, I really don't want to look into it.

So, I started thinking. At the moment I do not have a good long distance 1-200 yd rifle. I've alway had the M1A on my radar so I went yesterday and looked at them. With the 18" Scout running $1550, the SOCOM 16 running $1700 and the full length loaded running $1400…I decided it was a pass. By the time I added a good scope, I'd be well over $2K and I don't currently have any .308.

So…moving on…

I figured a good, bench rifle in .223 may be a good move. It's not going to be a 500yd tach driver…but truth be told, I don't even have a place to stretch out 500 yds.

So I looked at this:
http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/tactical/centerfire-tactical/model-700-sps-tactical.aspx

It seems I can pick up one of these online for $579. For under $1200, I could add a nice Burris 4.5-14x42mm for $300 and a good mount. I'm guessing this setup would shoot better than I can…

Any thoughts on this?

*EDIT*
Another forum member turned me on to the CZ 527 American…that may also be another good choice...

Last edited:

MidnightMonkey

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Well if you're only wanting to shoot out 200 years, an AR15 platform is pretty good for that. I shoot 600m with an M4 and M16 on a pretty regular basis using an M68 and ACOG (respectively) in good conditions. On irons you can hit 300 fine.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I was going to be a smart ass and ask you to tell me more about this "AR15 platform"…but I won't.

I dove into the world of complete 20" AR uppers and the prices seem to be greater than or equal to the cost of a complete turnbolt rifle. To add to that, my AR has an adjustable stock which would have to be changed to something more stable for bench shooting…so tack on another $150-250 for the stock. So in the end, I feel the turnbolt would be much cheaper and offer better accuracy (they almost always do over a semi auto).

If the AR upper deal was cheaper…I may go this route, but it isn't. Having to swap between my 16" and the 20" upper doesn't seem to appealing so I know where that would go…yup, just building another AR. I'd land up plopping some $2K plus after the "itch" finally subsided.

Nah…I still think a turnbolt would be best...

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Kalashnikov rifles to made in USA

"Official"

I wonder if they have rights to make an SVD? I know SVD isn't an AK pattern or even a Kalashnikov design, but, I thought the parent company Kalashnikov Concern had the rights to their manufacture.

HellioN

20 Year Member
Kalashnikov rifles to made in USA

"Official"

I wonder if they have rights to make an SVD? I know SVD isn't an AK pattern or even a Kalashnikov design, but, I thought the parent company Kalashnikov Concern had the rights to their manufacture.

I wouldn't get my hopes up for that.
If we get anything unique from them I would suspect the "saiga 9".
While a dragunov would be great, they need their own specific manufacturing process, I don't think we would even see the .308 rifles.
The rest of the stuff KC makes could theoretically be built using the same machinery with minimal changes made for caliber.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Y'all see the LWRC .45 PDW? It's beautiful

image005.jpg

Last edited:

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
To each his own, man. I just have had the most experience with them and enjoy it a lot.

Well...I gotta say..I did revisit the AR thing figuring I already have one. 100-150yds with a 16" HBAR should not be a big issue. I'm really thinking of just adding a QD scope mount to the rifle for 100yd shooting. So...to update this, I'm actually contemplaying the AR use thing again...