Final Vendetta by Bitmap Bureau

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Where are you seeing that? Shop.bitmapbureau.com shows me 466,95€ for the AES cart, with a discount of 35,78€. Even when converting that into pounds sterling it's a far cry from 299.

Did they say anything about EU friendly shipping? Had to pay around 45€ in taxes on top of the 199£ Xeno Crisis back then.
I am in the US and this is what it shows:
Screenshot_20230618-193724.pngScreenshot_20230618-193632.png

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Lol at those whining about import duties and shipping cost on a £350 / $450 videogame.

If it's that bad buy one of the limited edition prints and then console yourself in about 18 months when the collectards that missed out will be willing to shell out double what you pay now.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Lol at those whining about import duties and shipping cost on a £350 / $450 videogame.

If it's that bad buy one of the limited edition prints and then console yourself in about 18 months when the collectards that missed out will be willing to shell out double what you pay now.
But... Xeno Crisis is still for sale by Bitmap Bureau, so it's hard to scalp on ebay (thankfully). That's not stopping folks from trying with limited-ass editions of course, but I think it's a much tougher sell than say a NGDev game or other truly limited indie tripe.

They may manufacture less than Xeno Crisis this time, but it remains to be seen.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
But... Xeno Crisis is still for sale by Bitmap Bureau, so it's hard to scalp on ebay (thankfully). That's not stopping folks from trying with limited-ass editions of course, but I think it's a much tougher sell than say a NGDev game or other truly limited indie tripe.

They may manufacture less than Xeno Crisis this time, but it remains to be seen.
They'll both head up in value eventually.

I remember when Shawn couldn't give away copies of Sengoku 3 in the Neo-Store... and iirc KoF 2k1 was being sold at firesale at one point.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
The game is on sale on the PSN right now for $12. Any of you dinguses thinking about dropping hundreds on the Neo release might want to pick it up and give it a try first. Because I'm pretty sure it's not even worth the $12.

Not that I think it's actually going to deter anyone from buying the Neo release because those people don't really care if it's shit or not.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Sorry wyo the game looks like crap.

They should port Shredder’s Revenge instead!!!!

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
The characters have too many animation frames! Yes I am complaining that the game had too much effort put into the sprites. That’s going to be a 100 mega shawk cart at least

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I'm a purist so all of this homebrew can gtfo tbh

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
If they only took a little more time with this and had a goal of being on par with paprium,sor and final fight.
The scientist? Really?
BB

Theruff

Cheng's Errand Boy
Final Vendetta looks better than any other NG beat em up. I don't mind supporting new releases now NGDev has abandoned the platform.
I want what you’re smoking. It takes a special breed of retarded to throw $400-500 on a shitty homebrew that you’ll play for 30 min and then leave on the shelf.

Got a ps4 copywhen it went on sale ages ago. Well I would say its the best best em up on the neo geo (let's be honest, that's not hard) but yeah it's not a patch on its main inspirations, i think its actually been overrated, and both shredders revenge and sor4 r better games.
So that should give u an idea on if its worth the asking price (it's not).

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Well I would say its the best best em up on the neo geo (let's be honest, that's not hard) but yeah it's not a patch on its main inspirations,
Imagine the Neo Geo version comes out and it's janky as hell compared to the modern console version.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Had a great time 1CCing this one around this time last year on the steam deck and mame cab.

The dev was still actively adjusting the game back then and pushing updates to steam pretty frequently. In addition to adjusting bugs, the devs buffed Claire’s moveset properties from what she had on release and removed Duke’s punch special cancel infinite which trivialized the game.

I expected a Final Fight/Streets of Rage clone, but the game actually had a good bit of Double Dragon dna with it’s “hidden”/unlisted manual cancels and special moves. It grew on me and I really dug the gameplay and music. With that said, I don’t need it on a neogeo cart but that’s awesome that they’re putting it out there for those who do.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
With that said, I don’t need it on a neogeo cart but that’s awesome that they’re putting it out there for those who do.
Do you guys think the Neo Geo version will be the same as the wide screen version built on modern hardware? What we get on Neo Geo could basically amount to a demake, with chunkier pixels and a rewritten game engine. I doubt it will be quite the same.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Do you guys think the Neo Geo version will be the same as the wide screen version built on modern hardware? What we get on Neo Geo could basically amount to a demake, with chunkier pixels and a rewritten game engine. I doubt it will be quite the same.

I’m gonna be real here:

My interest in the Neo Geo brand and hardware came from the fact that it originally signified an uncompromised experience (regional differences not withstanding) in the 90’s. For better or worse, the home system was the arcade game experience in the home and represented a true alternative to watered down ports, downgraded graphics and sound, or significantly altered gameplay. Even after the CPS2 and other arcade hardware blew it away, on home consoles (including SNK’s own cd system), the ports of Neo Geo games were always inferior in some way: smaller sprites, missing animations, loading times, even the dreamcast ports had sound issues. It wasn’t until the ps2 era when the consoles could outright emulate the games that a lot of the Neo Geo library finally came home and played the same as the (then decade old) original Neo Geo home system.

All this Neo Geo retro interest and homebrew is cool, but why not just play and enjoy the original uncompromised game on steam, switch, ps4, xbox, etc? If it’s about having a physical release, Final Vendetta shipped ages ago for just about every system listed above.

I know many are excited to play this title on Neo Geo hardware, and more power to them; to each their own. I just don’t understand why one would pay hundreds of dollars for a downport/inferior release of an independent game. It just seems to fly in the face of what SNK was trying to achieve with the Neo Geo in the first place.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I know many are excited to play this title on Neo Geo hardware, and more power to them; to each their own. I just don’t understand why one would pay hundreds of dollars for a downport/inferior release of an independent game. It just seems to fly in the face of what SNK was trying to achieve with the Neo Geo in the first place.
People that buy this don't give a shit about things like that. They're not actually excited to play it, they're excited to own it and let other people know they own it. I'd be surprised if a majority of people that buy this do more than credit feed their way through the game a couple times.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Id jump in if the did a cheap ass cd version like they did with xeno but yeah $400 usd for this seems iffy. Have they released any actual neogeo footage?

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I’m gonna be real here:

My interest in the Neo Geo brand and hardware came from the fact that it originally signified an uncompromised experience (regional differences not withstanding) in the 90’s. For better or worse, the home system was the arcade game experience in the home and represented a true alternative to watered down ports, downgraded graphics and sound, or significantly altered gameplay. Even after the CPS2 and other arcade hardware blew it away, on home consoles (including SNK’s own cd system), the ports of Neo Geo games were always inferior in some way: smaller sprites, missing animations, loading times, even the dreamcast ports had sound issues. It wasn’t until the ps2 era when the consoles could outright emulate the games that a lot of the Neo Geo library finally came home and played the same as the (then decade old) original Neo Geo home system.

All this Neo Geo retro interest and homebrew is cool, but why not just play and enjoy the original uncompromised game on steam, switch, ps4, xbox, etc? If it’s about having a physical release, Final Vendetta shipped ages ago for just about every system listed above.

Yep, real talk, that's a perfectly reasonable assessment to make. I'll only be getting it on the Neo Geo because it's a new game for my favorite system. The one already released is probably superior in nearly every way. I've been holding off on playing it myself until closer to the Neo Geo release so that I can better compare them.

All that said, if it does turn out somewhat different from the modern version and the reviews are good, perhaps you'll want to check out a rom release of the Neo Geo version.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
People that buy this don't give a shit about things like that. They're not actually excited to play it, they're excited to own it and let other people know they own it. I'd be surprised if a majority of people that buy this do more than credit feed their way through the game a couple times.

Whats up terry.330, I hear what you’re saying and I’m sure that is the case for many who buy it just to collect. That’s unfortunate since the game itself was a lot of fun to learn.

Yep, real talk, that's a perfectly reasonable assessment to make. I'll only be getting it on the Neo Geo because it's a new game for my favorite system. The one already released is probably superior in nearly every way. I've been holding off on playing it myself until closer to the Neo Geo release so that I can better compare them.

All that said, if it does turn out somewhat different from the modern version and the reviews are good, perhaps you'll want to check out a rom release of the Neo Geo version.

Thats cool Neo Alec, I understand that you want to experience the game your own way on a system that you enjoy playing on.

Don’t get me wrong, when it comes to gameplay, I still have an appreciation for added/exclusive content in some ports. I know there can be reasoning for sometimes playing a particular version of a game rather than a superior/“definitive” version. For example, though I have the arcade versions of games like Ninja Gaiden and Strider, I still appreciate the separate nes games and recently played through the pc engine version of Strider again (on a laseractive no less lol) the other day simply because I felt like playing through the exclusive added level and hearing the remastered music. I just don’t personally understand why someone would pay hundreds for a downgraded home port when it offers nothing additional over the initially released $20 version like what happened with Xenocrisis. Xenocrisis was on the genesis/mega drive, but plays great as a twinstick shooter on the modern consoles. Though a passion project for the devs, seeing the game down-ported to the Neo Geo and playing and sounding worse than the modern versions didn’t make any sense to me, but it’s cool that it’s out there for those that wanted it.

These games are fun and I’ve supported their steam and modern console releases. I’m always down for another playthrough of these games if it’s worthwhile and a rom release isn’t a bad idea if there is a compelling gameplay reason versus the existing modern versions. The previous port of Xenocrisis to the Neo Geo doesn’t inspire confidence, but time will tell. They are fun games worth supporting either way. :buttrock:

IMG_0411.jpeg

Last edited:

ManiG

n00b
I’m grateful the console is getting new games in 2023. As a software engineer and SNK fan I just find it really cool that there’s a company crazy enough to do this. I also like the game 🤷‍♂️

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Very few people are buying legit AES shit to actually play it too, I thought this was common knowledge at this point. And that gives perspective as to why NG:Dev used to make you wait years for their games to ship but still managed to sell out their stock every time.

Credit feeding a few times? You're giving people way too much credit.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I'd be surprised if a majority of people that buy this do more than credit feed their way through the game a couple times.
Well yeah, I'd love to have time to master every game I own. But it's 2023, thousands of games are being made constantly, and I don't have time for that. It's just reality. If I had a thousand lifetimes and no other responsibilities, then sure. I can only hope the game ends up really clicking with me and I find the time to fully appreciate it.