Final Fight: Tips & Strategy, with Commentary.

This is an audio commentary tip and strategy video on my 1cc Final Fight video from last year. It is known as a pretty tough game in the arcades but with a few well applied strategies it's not quite as hard as it looks. Btw, no one in the opening picture at the start is me, honest.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Very nice application of Haggars tools, with a great run and clear commentary to match.

Thanks for posting.

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
I was just talking with andsuchisdeath about if this was possible on the USA version... Watching this fills me with hope that it might be!

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I was just talking with andsuchisdeath about if this was possible on the USA version... Watching this fills me with hope that it might be!

Yeah, and I didn't know why you had the impression that a Final Fight 1cc was not feasible regardless of region.

Anyways, you still is a cool dude.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Yeah I dig this video.

Found it a week or so ago. Recently received a Final Fight PCB and been working on improving my Final Fight IQ.

Great vid!

Wow, now i have to break out my Final Fight(US) PCB and give it a go, I like to think im pretty good at it. Yes holding up or down on the stick while attacking with generate 3 hits then a throw, pending on char. used, Nice use of Haggar I'm a Guy or Cody user in that order. Awesome vid.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I thought I knew how to play Final Fight, then I saw that video. I have no clue how to play this game.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
I usually pick Guy (spamming that infinite combo), but this guy has been wanting to get good with Haggar.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Also enjoyed the vid. Thanks for posting!

MrRobotFactory

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Awesome 1cc vid. Final Fight was and still is one of my favourite arcade game. You should do a 1cc of Cadillacs & Dinosaurs. Man, I love that game as well.

Edit: FF was also one of my favourite arcade games growing up. Could barely make it through the first stage on one coin. However I would like to brag that I 1cc Sunset Riders. Hell yeah.

Last edited:

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
I didn't know why you had the impression that a Final Fight 1cc was not feasible regardless of region.

Because its hard! Because I suck? Maybe a combo of the two... ;)

I can't 1cc any version, but I believe the USA region is even harder than the JAP version. Capcom was known to do this with SF2 games in the 90's, at the request of American arcade operators looking to make a profit.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
I can't 1cc any version, but I believe the USA region is even harder than the JAP version. Capcom was known to do this with SF2 games in the 90's, at the request of American arcade operators looking to make a profit.

The only case I know of where this is true is blue board Super Turbo, and that's a bug AFAIK and not an intended feature.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
The funny things is that the most profit for any iteration of SF2 is made during PvP play.

XeroShinobi

Rugal's Thug
Not to put down the video, but I'm almost certain people have done all of Final Fight without even receiving damage, on the hardest setting. No death runs I'm absolutely sure are fairly common.

The game features ridiculously simple AI. It's not hard to adopt a canned strategy and meticulously go through the game. It's not like Streets of Rage 2 on Mania or even 3 on Hard.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Not to put down the video, but I'm almost certain people have done all of Final Fight without even receiving damage, on the hardest setting. No death runs I'm absolutely sure are fairly common.

The game features ridiculously simple AI. It's not hard to adopt a canned strategy and meticulously go through the game. It's not like Streets of Rage 2 on Mania or even 3 on Hard.

Video game tough guy?

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Video game tough guy?

I don't think he's trying to be tough. Do you feel threatened?

Ok, yeah a Final Fight 1cc, or one with a no-miss isn't revolutionary. But it's a feat nonetheless.

As far as a video is concerned, it's great to be able to watch an example with commentary. Words can certainly clarify a lot of what goes on.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
There's also the distinction from those who make a no-damage video using thousands of savestates.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
I don't care what anybody says about this video. You are awesome, this game is hard to even concieve of doing this imo. Very neat strategy with the reverse fly move. A++ man!

@XeroShinobi: I never claimed it was an out of this world feat, but it is one of the trickier Capcom scrollers due to the limited move-set. I don't think it's possible to do without damage, the game is too random. There is a run on youtube where he does it without taking damage but the guy admitted it was Tool-Assisted on an emulator. If it's as easy as you say it is I'd love to see your run of it.

Thanks for the kind words otherwise ;)

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
@XeroShinobi: I never claimed it was an out of this world feat, but it is one of the trickier Capcom scrollers due to the limited move-set. I don't think it's possible to do without damage, the game is too random. There is a run on youtube where he does it without taking damage but the guy admitted it was Tool-Assisted on an emulator. If it's as easy as you say it is I'd love to see your run of it.

Thanks for the kind words otherwise ;)

Don't even listen to him brotha, until I see his vids of 1cc games then he keep his mouth shut.