Final Fight CPS1

Bad Boy

Cheng's Errand Boy
Hi Guys i have played this Game and i cant help it,the Game rocks.Have someone of you play this great CPS1 Game and what´s your impressions?

Lars :cool:

racecar

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
20 Year Member
..the game ..is so good ...i got 2 copied of it...just in case one craps out on me....and one just did few month's back( it was the reserve copy too :envy: )
i used to spend my most of my lunch money on that game

Last edited:

sven666

War Room Troll
i always loved final fight.. but never got my hands on the PCB untill maybe 1 year ago.. and i was blown away about how much better the PCB version is compared to the ports ive played :eek:

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Ely13 said:
Inferior to Streets of Rage 2.

That game set the bar to high, its a shame a decade later almost no side scroller can touch SOR2 with the few exceptions being AVP and D&D to name literally a few. Final fight was king in it days but has long been surpassed yet it still is a excellent side scroller that started it all, I own the PCB too.

Bad Boy

Cheng's Errand Boy
Now I`m confused, Street of Rage never released for the CPS systems,is that right? :oh_no:
Wich Street of Rage 2 you mean?

Thanks Lars

Ely13

Sultan of Slugs
The SoR2 reference was a joke... I used to play Final Fight a lot in the arcades back in the day, but, IMO, it's one game that hasn't aged very well with time. While the graphics are fantastic, the controls feel awfully stiff.

I agree with the SoR2 setting the bar so high :) Even now, I'm surprised at how fluidly the game handles, and I have both ToD and SoM on CPS2 and, while both excellent games in their own right, still can't touch SoR2. I still need to pick up an AvP board one of these days.

Bad Boy

Cheng's Errand Boy
Sorry, i`m so stupid.But you`ll right,Gameplay,Graphics its awesome after the long time.It is more then authorized to be played at this Time :lol:

Lars :chimp:

Greywolf

Angel's Love Slave
Great game!

Final Fight is one of my all-time favourite games, I used to play the heck out of the inferior SNES port back when I was a kid. :)

But nowadays I am the happy owner of the CPS-1 original. :D

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I love Final Fight! Always have, and most likely always will. That and Double Dragon will remain the definitive side-scrolling beat 'em up, imo.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Ely13 said:
The SoR2 reference was a joke... I used to play Final Fight a lot in the arcades back in the day, but, IMO, it's one game that hasn't aged very well with time. While the graphics are fantastic, the controls feel awfully stiff.

I agree with the SoR2 setting the bar so high :) Even now, I'm surprised at how fluidly the game handles, and I have both ToD and SoM on CPS2 and, while both excellent games in their own right, still can't touch SoR2. I still need to pick up an AvP board one of these days.

I don't agree at all.
on non of those points. SOR2 is inferior in every way to FF. Final Fight controls are just right. the way you face off against adversaries is so much more interesting and intense. Andore is a great adversary for instance. he'll rush you, hold his ground and punch you down when you come at him, strangle you, piledrive you, or slam you when you're lying on the grownd. and he's just a normal character.
when you put him next to Poison who's flipping over your head to chop you or kick you from the back, or Slash, who'll block alot of your moves, or El Gado jabbing you with a knife or throwing it from a distance, jumping over your head with knives stabbing at you from above, or slide kicking you - and you have chaos which you can deal with with perfect efficacy and pinache if you want (or you could be a little cheaper and find ways to exploit the system).
I'm crazy about this game. I love it. I'm probably hyping it beyond reason. but I don't see SOR2 as that great when up against Final Fight (which SOR2 ripped off).

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
The CPS1 version of Final Fight is a great play...even after all these years. Hell, I still have one in my game room, swapping the top board from a Street Fighter 2...plays more than the SF2 did ;)

Bad Boy

Cheng's Errand Boy
Hm i`m searching a long Time for a AvP Board but nobody want too sell it,someone of you know how many i must pay for it?

Thanks Lars :buttrock:

beh3moth

Robert "Helmet" Patrick
I :chimp: final fight!!

The best side scrolling beat em up ever, the soundtrack is ace too!!

J69

Hardened Shock Trooper
You can get a Sega MegaPlay Jamma board with a Streets of Rage 2 cartridge for that true arcade feel. pretty rare though.

Neo Si

New Challenger
Yeah, Final Fight is still a class game after all these years. I have the NTSC-J Mega CD conversion, which is about as arcade perfect as I need it to be. It does shit on the SuperFami version quite heavily too. I've also got all 3 Bare Knuckles (SoR). As for which is the best though........

You should also check out Captain Commando. That's a great scrolly beat-'em-up. Again, no arcade board for me, just the NTSC-J PSone conversion. Which is arcade perfect, and a damn good game. Why the hell Capcom didn't release an AvP conversion on the PSone I'll never understand.

Scrawny

, ,
Final Fight is a great game. My local chip shop had it when I was younger, god I wasted alot of money on it. Well worth it though!

turbopants

Zero's Secretary
I love Final Fight! One of my favorites from the arcades back in the day. One of the first jamma boards I bought when I got my cab. There's a few others that are as good, but this one hit the spot when it came out. A classic.

JussFlee

n00b
Awesome game with a fantastic Mega CD version, if not only for the fantastic rearranged music.
It's worth mentioning all US/UK releases have edited intro's.
If you pick up the Jap board you get to see Haggar's daughter Jessica in her bra in the intro sequence, only worht a mention is if your a filthy pixelated perv like me :make_fac: :lolz:
I cold be wrong but didn't Capcom's Alien/Predator licence run out before the Psx days?? As this is the reason we'll never see this awesome side-scroller on one of it's compilation's Capcom's milking these days.

voodoodoctorx

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
streets of rage 2 set the bar for what? double dragon, FINAL FIGHT, TMNT 1-2 all came before it and beat SOR2 with the bar.

Murray

Akari's Big Brother
Neo Si said:
Yeah, Final Fight is still a class game after all these years. I have the NTSC-J Mega CD conversion, which is about as arcade perfect as I need it to be.
I thought that for the longest time too but when I finally got my PCB and played them back to back, I noticed the HUGE differences. Except for music, the original runs circles around all the ports. If you already have the means to play JAMMA boards, I highly recommend picking one up sometime (but I wouldn't go build a supergun / buy a cab just for FF, though).

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Seriously, if you don't like Final Fight you're a damned communist and should be in a Siberian Gulag.

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
droid said:
does final fight have a suicide battery?
thx :)
Droid
God I hate that... why is there even such a thing. Don't destroy the game on purpous. If it ends up in the trash oh well. But why would a company kill a game like that on purpous?