Final fantasy XIV release date.

Geralds

Kula's Candy
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/#/about/game_info

Final fantasy XIV released date was anounced today. A collectors edition of the game will be avalable and you will get to play the game 8 days earlier and get a in game exclusive item. So who is gona be actualy getting this game.

Last edited:

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
I am not.
(how come your spelling is almost 100%correct?:D )

Last edited:

systmdfect

Baseball Star Hitter
The limited edition is ok, I suppose. I wish they included a soundtrack in the LE.

Geralds

Kula's Candy
I am not.
(how come yor spelling is almost 100%correct?:D )

It is called my english 101 thread. I am actually learning something.

Also i found out you get an in game exclusive item as well only if you preoder the normal edition. Imo that is the better item anyway ><.

Last edited:

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Yeah, I have the Collector's Edition pre-ordered. Can't wait.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
September? That's a lot sooner than I was expecting.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
September :eek: I thought it wouldn't be due untile next year !? Well...maybe i will preorder it "i just finsh MH3 offline finally"not to mention i'm burned out,on the game.

My PS3 could use some dusting off again....

cannonball

15 Year Member
PC version is in September, the PS3 one isn't coming out until March of next year though. This game is gonna be rad we need to make sure we all end up on the same server so we can get an n-g.com linkshell goin.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
PC version is in September, the PS3 one isn't coming out until March of next year though. This game is gonna be rad we need to make sure we all end up on the same server so we can get an n-g.com linkshell goin.
Ok that clears it up then i can wait any ways i have plenty of,other games i need to finsh befor hand.

Bay78

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
Sept.30th. I can hardy wait. Its going to be the only thing able to get me off my arcades!

Shuurin

n00b
Definitely passing this one up for now. I was a huge fan of FF11 and sank a ton of time into it. Beta testing FF14 has shown me how much of a train wreck this game currently is. It has potential, but needs at least 6-12 months more development time. I think they went over budget or mismanaged their time cause this mmo feels rushed. Its anything but ready for a September release. Unless it undergoes a rapid transformation in around 50 days or so until release its going to be one terrific level of disappointment. It could be great when they release their first major expansion (Much like FF11 was terrible before Rise of Zilart). If that occurs I'll snatch it up in a heartbeat, but not a day one purchase for me.

cannonball

15 Year Member
Definitely passing this one up for now. I was a huge fan of FF11 and sank a ton of time into it. Beta testing FF14 has shown me how much of a train wreck this game currently is. It has potential, but needs at least 6-12 months more development time. I think they went over budget or mismanaged their time cause this mmo feels rushed. Its anything but ready for a September release. Unless it undergoes a rapid transformation in around 50 days or so until release its going to be one terrific level of disappointment. It could be great when they release their first major expansion (Much like FF11 was terrible before Rise of Zilart). If that occurs I'll snatch it up in a heartbeat, but not a day one purchase for me.

You've only seen a small slice of the content which is still under development, not enough to determine that it's a train wreck. I'd wait until September to make any judgments on whether it's going to be a disappointment or not.

I'm not familiar with FFXI pre Zilart since when it came out in the USA for PC Zilart had already been released, but I would definitely expect the game to grow over time just as 11 did.

Shuurin

n00b
For sure, which is why I'm still hopeful for the game. I'd very much like it to succeed so maybe my judgment is a bit harsh and rash. I can't go into detail with the NDA and all for the beta but it needs a lot of work lol.

cannonball

15 Year Member
For sure, which is why I'm still hopeful for the game. I'd very much like it to succeed so maybe my judgment is a bit harsh and rash. I can't go into detail with the NDA and all for the beta but it needs a lot of work lol.

Yeah, I'm also very familiar with these details ;)
We shall see how things progress from here.

Geralds

Kula's Candy
Pretty nice deal. I can't imagine who would have the time to play both at the same time though considering how much of a time sink they are.

Na because final fantasy 14 not nearly as time consuming as 11 unless you make it. Its alot more solo friendly then 11 is.

cannonball

15 Year Member
Na because final fantasy 14 not nearly as time consuming as 11 unless you make it. Its alot more solo friendly then 11 is.

More solo friendly for sure, but still pretty time consuming. I barely had enough time to play XI as it was. Couldn't imagine playing both. But that's just me. I have a busy schedule. Can't sit around and play games all day/night.

Geralds

Kula's Candy
More solo friendly for sure, but still pretty time consuming. I barely had enough time to play XI as it was. Couldn't imagine playing both. But that's just me. I have a busy schedule. Can't sit around and play games all day/night.

I think its like wow its only time consuming if you make it. Its ment to come and go as you please not be hardcore like XI.

cannonball

15 Year Member
I think its like wow its only time consuming if you make it. Its ment to come and go as you please not be hardcore like XI.

Nah, it's nothing like WoW. That's been my personal experience anyways. And that's a good thing. I want XIV to be as close to XI as possible. Yes, you can choose to solo if you want much easier than in XI if that's what you meant by come and go as you please. But don't expect everything to be handed to you like in WoW. This game is still XI at heart. If you're also in beta we can talk about it in priv, but I'm not gonna continue this with you anymore here. I already said it was a nice deal for the XI/XIV subscribers...which I assume you agree with.

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
The thing is I would be excited about XIV, but then I remember the quest item drop rates, regular rare/ex item drop rates, the camping of ground kings, aht kings, getting my relic great katana to stage IV and a few other things and I step away >.<

Geralds

Kula's Candy
The thing is I would be excited about XIV, but then I remember the quest item drop rates, regular rare/ex item drop rates, the camping of ground kings, aht kings, getting my relic great katana to stage IV and a few other things and I step away >.<

FFXIV is a totaly differnt game for all we know its nothing like that.

Reality Check

World Hero
Players only allowed an hour a day - Link NSFW

Square Enix is introducing a “fatigue” system to upcoming MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV which will apparently see players hit with crippling penalties if they play more than an hour a day, with those daring to play more than 4 hours having their XP reduced to 0.

Square Enix acknowledge the existence of the system in an interview and in previous comments, but are strangely reticent about providing specifics:

Tell us about the “fatigue” and “dormancy” systems please.

We wanted to introduce a system to reward players who don’t have a lot of time to play. Maybe it looks as though we are placing long playing users at a disadvantage, but the idea is really to let play for short periods be viable.

Won’t that cause some concern amongst players who play for longer?

We want these players to try different classes. If you change class the fatigue doesn’t affect you, so you could try non-combat classes as well. You actually have more play choices now as you can make more characters.

Fatigue goes up to about 50% in 2 hours, and it takes 2 days to go down! So, if you play 4 hours you have to stop playing completely for 2 days!

WHAT!?

Only 1 hour a day!

What’s really amazing is that you have to pay a monthly subscription for this…

They can’t get away with this on a subscription game. They’ll be sued!

So you get bonuses for staying logged out – the servers are going to be nice and quiet, aren’t they!

More on the “dormancy” system:

Recovery takes time.

2 hours of combat or 1 hour of craft will induce “dormancy.”

The dormancy is actually shared over different characters.

It will decrease gains to 0% in the end.

It seems to be proportional to the amount of XP you earn.

Both light and heavy player are going to weep...

Such systems are not unique, but Square Enix appears to have taken the system to an extreme likely to either completely eliminate its “hardcore” player strata – to say nothing of its high-handedness in dictating to players that they can only play an hour day.

I feel sorry for the basement dwellers.

cannonball

15 Year Member
Miloš Šarčev;3049983 said:
No way that's real.

It is, but like he said in the interview, the fatigue is tied to an individual class, not the character. Since changing classes is as simple as equipping a different type of weapon, it's not as bleak as '1 hour a day' to play. Technically you could play 18 hours a day without penalty if you cycled through each class. They're trying to promote this lifestyle aspect of the game. Trying to get you to do combat, crafting, gathering without just focusing on one thing. Not sure how that's going to work out for them, but there is sure to be lots of people pissed off.