Final Fantasy 9 announced for PC and phones

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
Not bad, I did enjoy that game quite a lot. A pity it was released on a bad date where PS2 was there...

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Best one. I see they are adding auto save and a quick save function.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
FF9 is my favorite of the series. Was it me or did it look like they were putting it under a smoothing filter?

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Actually a good FF. Weird how it's just now getting ported. All the other PS1 FF games got a PC release ages ago.

true. i always thought ff9 did get a pc release because ff7 and ff8 was on the pc couple of years after the console releases.

Last edited:

xRealNinjuzx

Astra Superstar
I have FF7 and FF8 on Steam. 6 & 8 were my favorites, but I will definitely pick up 9. Good memories. It was really a great game, so I am very excited they are finally getting it out on PC.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Good to see 9 finally get some love. If it's coming to iOS and Android, I doubt they'll do anything to clean it up but with the way they've been "fixing" games of late (the abominations of 5 + 6 and the busted ports of X/X-2), a straight port is probably the best we could ask for.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
This is nice, 9 needs to be played by more people. I hope it gets released on the Quattro like ff7.

hermosaguy

Geese's Thug
Such an underrated gem. I loved the characters, story and the gameplay felt needed as well. Would surprisingly love to see this get a redo treatment over FF7.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Excellent game. Has one of the most memorable and greatest characters ever Vivi.

Marek

Banned
Loved it, but didnt understand who/what necron was supposed to be and was pretty much disappointed in the endgame.

Scott

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Nice, finally some recognition for the best Final Fantasy. Best soundtrack, best backgrounds, best characters (Vivi and Steiner of course). The fact that they are gonna fix the stupid-slow battles is just the icing on the cake. Oh, best ending too.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Loved it, but didnt understand who/what necron was supposed to be and was pretty much disappointed in the endgame.

So much of that game barely left an impression on me.
I think my favorite character would have been Blank but the dude wore a leather thong FFS....that airship you got at the end was pretty badass too.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
So much of that game barely left an impression on me.
I think my favorite character would have been Blank but the dude wore a leather thong FFS....that airship you got at the end was pretty badass too.

Beatrix was my favorite character, she fucking knew SHOCK like General Leo from FF6.

(But fuck that game, I hated it. The art style was cringeworthy, the characters were weird, and the story doubly so.)

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
You know what was a cool Final Fantasy?

IV.

Does anyone here identify as a dragoon?

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Honestly my all time fav FF character of all time.

*high five*

Hell yeah man, Leo was a man of principle. An upright and loyal servant of scumbags who didn't realize it until too late.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Damn those looked great:

The lost art of Final Fantasy IX

MvzPHKB.jpg

pw4t5Wc.jpg

rOq65U5.jpg

4aJCmC0.jpg

xPz5gxJ.jpg