Final Exerion

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Read it’s the first in the “Final” Series. I enjoy the first Exerion for what it is, always love Galaga type shooters

I think it’s a little pricy though

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
This is what not having the balls to create your own IP looks like. Exerion, really? lmao.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
What's that thing where your penis returns to a stump by curling back in on itself? yeah well I'm getting that from watching this video.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
can't wait for other great classics to get the Final treatment

Final Sqoon
Final Bungeling Bay
Final Section Z
Final Captain Skyhawk
Final Mag Max

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Ah yes, Exerion, have a port of the original on MSX (and SG-1000 I believe), really good game. Not sure about the final version but I'm gonna check it out.

Final Bungeling Bay got me interested. It was one of my fav C64 games, played it tons and became quite good at it over the years. Haven't played it for ages, tho, so I prolly should pick it up again for some practise.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Those buildings popping up seem super distracting. Honestly people give us some new IP and leave the classics be.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Those buildings popping up seem super distracting. Honestly people give us some new IP and leave the classics be.
That's how the game works, the surface of the planet is sort of rolling like a drum which gives a 3D effect, at least that was the idea back in the day, just watch the og game in action:

sirlynxalot

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Fagit of the Year
Is this the game where you ship has momentum in the arcade version? Wonder if they will continue that aspect in the new version. Modern shmup fans playing a diet of cave games often despise that.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Is this the game where you ship has momentum in the arcade version?
Yes. You basically have to commit to your cutbacks a second before they happen, so macro dodging over micro dodging is key.

Also, the 2-shot spread is a couple pixels too wide; sometimes enemies will squeeze in between them, so you have to aim slightly off center when using that shot. Since the scoring mechanic is based around carefully timed shots without missing, this almost certainly results in death when it happens.

Last edited:

KGRAMR

Another Striker
can't wait for other great classics to get the Final treatment

Final Sqoon
Final Bungeling Bay
Final Section Z
Final Captain Skyhawk
Final Mag Max
If Final Sqoon actually happens, that shit would be very funny, knowing that Granzella co-founder Kazuma Kujo (of Metal Slug fame) also worked on In the Hunt. Imagine that utter irony XD