Figuring out the Neo Print main board

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
I may have a duplicate of something I will have to look through the ones I have. not sure. Worse case it is the slot. I actually have an extra neo Print board, however some guy in CA has it and has never sent it back to me. I hate people from CA :)

What is the name on the cart you have?

You can also mail me (A total strange mind you) the cart and I could test or if you can find another neo print local. If it turns out being the board I will see if I can get my Buddy in CA to mail mine to you and we can work out something.

swayze2

n00b
I know the cart worked at one time according to previous owner.
I sure hope its not the board, that looks almost impossible to pull out of there.
It was working before I picked it up (according to previous owner) so the transfer may have jarred something.

Yes I would like to take you up on the offer to test it. Then I would know for sure it is the main board if the cart works.

Thanks!

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Really!!???!! :)

I am fairly trustworthy guy (bigbruno on ebay). I will PM my Address for you to ship to. We can work it out this way. I will test here and see if it works.

If it does it could still be a problem with how it is inserted (make sure you are putting it in with the Arrow on the cart on the inside). I offered my board for sale but I know it would be a pain to put in.

If I can not get it to work then it could be the cart (Very rare for it to be the cart but it could happen, they do have flashroms in them). And if I have a duplicate of something that works I can mail yours back and sale the duplicate to you (about $20).

Phil

Nightmare Tony

*Account control passed, on to Tony's family.Ex Ro
As a little aside, the speech would be in the cartridge.

They pretty much kept the cartridge as a base then worked around it. The main board is definitely NOT a regular Neo Geo, of course. The small mini ICs mentioned mainly gate the signals around wince the camera NTSC is converted to straight RGB which is mixed with the computer graphics then back out to S-Video for the printer.
Loads of laughs.

There was no board revision when SNK was running the show. I have no information on the board when Apple Photo took over, sorry.

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Nightmare Tony said:
There was no board revision when SNK was running the show. I have no information on the board when Apple Photo took over, sorry.

Just as a Note. there was a revision by SNK. I have pictures of a 2 slot version (japanese of course). I beleive this is the board you need to run the carts without the M chips (mostly Pink Label). also in talking with a few people they descriped a special board to run these carts. I may scan the picture tonight.