Favorite SNK/NEO Run n Gun Games.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Not including the MS series. Any game on the Neo or made by SNK.

My Favs:

-Shock Troopers. :buttrock: I personally like this game more than a majority of the MS series and tons more than its sequal. although the sequal has its charm.

-Guerrilla War. This is the game that made me an SNK fan. Chucking grenades and riding mine carts has never been as fun. Once I realised the company that made this game made fighters I was Fatal Fury bound.

I know Im not the only one fond of this genre.

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
Shock Troopers isn't made by SNK.

And I prefer the sequel. Yes, it's all about the 'charm' ;)

If you don't count MS series, there really isn't much to choose from. You have the Ikari series and Guerilla War. There is Iron Tank but its more like a Ride and Gun.
If Its run n gun I vote Guerilla War.

But Iron Tank > Ikari and Guerilla War any day. Yea I'm one of the biggest Iron Tank fans out there. And its 100% SNK in my book. Oh I long for the day for a sequel to it... :help:

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Verythrax said:
Shock Troopers isn't made by SNK.

And I prefer the sequel. Yes, it's all about the 'charm' ;)

I said any game on the Neo or made by SNK.

I wanted to include all run n gun games but I felt it should be more Neo/SNK specific. Besides Im tired of posting the unrelated forum.

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
I like Shock Troopers 2nd Squad and also Nam-1975 (if it counts).

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
For its time, I thought Ikari Warriors rocked. Man I pumped some quarters into that bastard ... actually they were my mom's quarters, but I digress.

I'll have to give the nod to Shock Troopers 2 - part one just seemed a little bland to me. And I never really got into nam '75 .... the intro was cool, but the actual game seemed like it belonged on the NES. Oh, and P.O.W. rocked some serious ass .... but you were usually fighting rather than "running & gunning". Great stuff nonetheless ... love that music.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Does POW count too ?

It has a lot of weapons to get. :)

Otherwise, it has to be Metal Slug 3 and X

I always thought that P.O.W. belonged on the NEO, complete and unretouched. The grenade explosions on POW and NAM were the same too.

Such a great game... you all know how I miss the old OLD military SNK... <sigh>

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
Electroman said:
I always thought that P.O.W. belonged on the NEO, complete and unretouched. The grenade explosions on POW and NAM were the same too.

Such a great game... you all know how I miss the old OLD military SNK... <sigh>

On a OLD thread was said that old pre-Neo SNK games uses in fact a very similar hardware... The Neo is simply using the same hardware with a cart system.

William_Hung

Crazed MVS Addict
Outzone is actually my fav run and gun game of all time :)

On the neo it has to be shocktroopers.

Freelancer

Banned
Put me down for CYBERLIP too.

I love this game. Has that 1990 early Neo charm and a hell of a lot of fun to play through. I can easily "1 credit" my way through the game and it's a blast to play. One of those games that made me wish I had rich parents in the early 1990's.