Favorite Manga?

CapcomFanConverted

Galford's Armourer
Well, I'm beefing up my near non-existant manga collection. I already have Azumanga up to the current volume (3), even though it isn't truly "manga" and more of a comic strip. I also am about to buy Kare Kano Vol. 1-7 from Nick Goracke. Other than that, I'm looking into buying a Marmalade Boy set and maybe once there's a Tokyopop sale at Rightstuf I'll pick up Wish and some Card Captor Sakura Box Sets.

For some Shounen balance I'll need recommendations. I'm thinking Flames of Recca, Kenshin, Slam Dunk (though that sort of is both), Berserk or anything else you can think of.

CHRiZ-77

Gal Ageise's Demon
These are my Favs...

Anime:
Princess Mononoke
Jin-Roh : The Wolf-Brigade
Spirited Away
Ghost in the Shell
Cowboy Bebop
Vision of Escaflowne
Hellsing and X (WoW)
Don´t forget Rurouni Kenshin...

Manga:
Akira
Berserk
Kenshin
X

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
Hokuto No Ken
Sanctuary
Soten No Ken

...strangely enough all are by Buroson/Sho Fumimura.
That is all.

MERCENARY X99

slerch666

updyke,
Tuxedo Gin is good.

Berserk is good.

Kenshin is good.

Oh! My Goddess is good, even if it isn't in the right to left format.

GTO is good, though now getting into book 17 I have to say it is getting old.

toy_brain

Amano's Drinking Buddy
I just started getting back into Manga after not bothering with it for a while.

Just read Alien Nine - pretty good, certainly quite shocking at times, and a little bit confusing. But otherwise good.

Got King of Bandit Jing on order. I liked the Anime so I'm hoping that the Manga is just as much fun.

Dallas_Five

Terry Bogard's Taylor
I recommend Five Star Stories. THe website is kinda out of date (english vol. 18 just came out) but it gives a nice overview of the story.

http://www.heika.net/ is the best english fan site on the web.

Five Star Stories is one of the coolest sci-fi fantasy mecha robot super-human samurai fighting love story dimension hopping eon spanning space operas I've ever seen. Nagano Mamoru's mecha designs and character/costume designs are of particular interest, being some of the most fanciful and beautiful I can think of.

The story is kinda confusing, encompassing billions of years (no joke!), hundreds of characters, and many different settings, but the manga has a timeline at the end to help the reader orient themselves. Even though the series started in 1986 and isn't finished in Japan yet, the chronology tells an overview of the entire story structure.

Regardless, this is something to get into! If you enjoy stories not just about people but fully realized worlds (think LOTR, Dune, Wheel of Time, and other fleshed out fantasies), then FSS is for you (shit, I sound like a commercial...)!

edit- i was lying in bed last night and it dawned on me: recommend isn't spelled w/two c's!!!1! I'm gonna go get drunk now...

Last edited:

Now Loading

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
Tenjho Tenge!
Oh my god, I love this manga. It has EVERYTHING I ever wanted! Incredible fights that seem better animated than any ANIME I've ever seen, the best art I've ever seen in a manga EVER, character designs that I actually LIKE, and a sense of humor that is nothing short of perfect. I am not making this up, it really kicks that much ass. And it's being turned into an anime starting NEXT MONTH! I am so excited I could explode. Aya Hisakawa is playing Maya Natsume, so that could be justified.

I wholeheartedly recommend this to EVERYONE, no, everyone to go read it NOW.

Oh I also like Azumanga Daioh, Genshiken, Yotsuba to !, and Midori no Hibi.

And manga that are worth mentioning, Bobobo-bo-bo-bobo, Full Metal Panic!, and Love Eva.